Existing acct, wanting new PS5 character

(PSN)JESTA77

Question

Hi all, couldn't find an answer to this anywhere, so posting here. 

I have an old PS4 character from 2017. Looking to get back in to Warframe on the PS5 now.

Still using my existing PSN acct, can I create a new Warframe character/game, and remove the old one that has carried over? 

8 answers to this question

8 hours ago, (PSN)JESTA77 said:

Recommended frame to buy? 

If (buying parts for and) crafting a Prime Frame isn't an option,
I'd say go for something that's potentially annoying to farm / comes late in Star Chart etc progression
(and doesn't already have a Prime / won't have one all that soon so you don't waste Plat in that regard).

So, going by release order, how 'bout one of Nidus / Harrow / Khora / Revenant / Baruuk / Hildryn / Wisp / Gauss / Grendel / Protea / Xaku?
... or maybe just go for one of the other starter Frames, 75 Plat for a full Frame + Reactor + Slot isn't a terrible deal, and leaves more for cosmetics, yay.

Look up those Frames' abilities (Wiki / YouTube), see what appeals most to you.

Welcome home, Tenno.

You're looking to delete your old save data and start from scratch?

I would guess you have to send in a support ticket to DE asking them to "delete" your data, which will probably take a week or more. I'm fairly confident you can replay 90% of the story content so it would probably just be easier to continue and replay old stuff.

Did a quick google search and found this https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203728870-How-can-I-delete-my-account-

It would be important to note that they specify at the bottom, they cannot guarantee you will be able to re-use your same PSN account to play.

"This is due to the fact that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sign up for Warframe again with the same email address or username associated with your deleted account."

21 hours ago, More-L said:

You're looking to delete your old save data and start from scratch?

I would guess you have to send in a support ticket to DE asking them to "delete" your data, which will probably take a week or more. I'm fairly confident you can replay 90% of the story content so it would probably just be easier to continue and replay old stuff.

Did a quick google search and found this https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203728870-How-can-I-delete-my-account-

It would be important to note that they specify at the bottom, they cannot guarantee you will be able to re-use your same PSN account to play.

"This is due to the fact that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to sign up for Warframe again with the same email address or username associated with your deleted account."

Thanks for the info. Shame we can't easily just create a new profile/chatacter (thinking like Destiny, where you have 3 character slots). 

All good, I'll just run with the one I started in 2017. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)northern_rebal said:

Not the best answer, but gmail accounts are free, same for many services.  Create a new email account just for the new character.  If you really want to start over, is there any reason not to start completely fresh?

Cheers for the reply

Just starting back in WF for 1st time in 3 years, and a mate who also got PS5 going to join in. He wanted to start with Excalibur, I found that's who I'd also picked back 2017. Was hoping it was just a simple process to start over, grab Volt, so we were running different frames to start with, try and build some synergy etc. 

I'll just buy a frame instead (found I have 650 platinum on the account, so will use that). 

Recommended frame to buy? 

On 2020-12-04 at 7:03 PM, NinjaZeku said:

If (buying parts for and) crafting a Prime Frame isn't an option,
I'd say go for something that's potentially annoying to farm / comes late in Star Chart etc progression
(and doesn't already have a Prime / won't have one all that soon so you don't waste Plat in that regard).

So, going by release order, how 'bout one of Nidus / Harrow / Khora / Revenant / Baruuk / Hildryn / Wisp / Gauss / Grendel / Protea / Xaku?
... or maybe just go for one of the other starter Frames, 75 Plat for a full Frame + Reactor + Slot isn't a terrible deal, and leaves more for cosmetics, yay.

Look up those Frames' abilities (Wiki / YouTube), see what appeals most to you.

Welcome home, Tenno.

Thanks for the detailed response. Really appreciated 👍

Archived