Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet another complaint thread about kuva liches and yet another set of proposed solutions

(PSN)Ezithar

As we all know,it is irritating to accidentally kill a larvaling and get a kuva brakk or kraken or what have you and have to spend ages killing it for what amounts to a miniscule mess up so my proposed solution is either a)allow the player to undo their mistake in that mission alone i.e. a kuva gaurdian you could kill with *your* parazon to stop it or just require finishing the mission (with conveyance of the necessity [pop-up in the bottom right?]) so people don't thoroughly regret trying to revive their cat (speaking from experience) or                    b)  allowing them to opt out whenever which seems like something DE is hesitant to do 

It's also SO BORING farming for requiem mods from relics because if you have bad luck like me it can take dozens of radiant relics if you happen to be unlucky enough. My suggestion is just to change the method outright to give some sort of way to guarantee a mod drop be it a drop from lich missions or just a drop from floods because 20+ relics is inane to say the least.

I also feel like there should be at least a QTE to get out of their grapple

So you "accidentally" pressed X (or whatever console button), sustained that pressure and when the bar was full you said "Oh no, what a shame! I just wanted to keep pressing X (or whatever console button) until the end for accident!"?

Unless consoles doesn't have the "oh no my muscle memory" patch that PC have since long ago

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

On consoles, the "kill Larvling" button is also the "reload" button, making the problems even worse

But you need to keep pressed the button to stab a larvling, reload just needs 1 tap... GOnna check updates because I'm sure as hell I did my last one like that.

EDIT:

Update 28.1

To help prevent accidental Kuva Lich generation from quick tapping the Mercy action, you must now ‘Hold X’ to perform a Mercy on a Kuva Larvling.

Yes, I was right, you need to keep pressed the button in order to execute, what they need now, a literal pop up where they need to type "I'M SURE I WANT THIS LARVLING"? That excuse was bad but "understandable" when they didn't add the "keep pressed" mechanic, if even with that someone still thinks "it's accidental"... :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

But you need to keep pressed the button to stab a larvling, reload just needs 1 tap... GOnna check updates because I'm sure as hell I did my last one like that.

OK so the update did make it to consoles, but I still think it's flawed. I was trying to revive my clanmate once and accidentally ended up changing the element on my Kuva Brakk (luckily I was able to change it back two Liches later, with the Ephemera I needed to boot)

Depending on how and where you farm the larvling it's also the same button as the capture target button and keeping the button pressed happens a lot easier on a pad than on mkb. Happened to me like three times in ~100 liches.

That being said, with all the fail-safes already in place I don't expect DE to compensate even more for my own stupidity/carelessness than they already do, personally. I already felt dumb enough when it happened in the past (mostly being brain afk after 50ish runs to get a specific weapon). The moment it would happen to me after they put even more fail-safes in - which, let's be real, would happen eventually - I'd actually feel like I had to go visit a neurologist.

Basically, there's only so much stupidity/carelessness the game should prevent because at a certain point it just becomes laughable and potentially annoying (more "click yes", more waiting etc.) in my opinion. Again, it happened to me as well. I cussed and then paid for my own dumb fault by grinding out an useless lich.

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)blutarchmann543 a dit :

20+ relics is inane to say the least.

I also feel like there should be at least a QTE to get out of their grapple

20 relics is nothing. The system is designed so that you have to farm much more than that, getting several duplicates of every mod. AND you can recycle your old used mods into new ones. Have you farmed a single prime item ?

There is a qte, it's called "getting out of the way by your own means". We are space ninjas, a qte would just be a get out of jail free card for when you just stand still in front of the lich.

And finally, as it has been demonstrated already in this thread, the system has already been idiot-proofed. You know why you are on this mission, the game has given you warnings through flashing lights and com calls, you have to consciouslt hold the button down, any mistake is on you.

Could the system be made even more idiot-proof ? Sure. And if DE wasn't already working on the queenpins, I would have said that any more changes like that would have just been a waste of dev time. You can always hope they sneak some more qol in next lich update but come on man... will we need a written confirmation everytime we do anything ?

il y a 37 minutes, Fallen77 a dit :

There is a qte, it's called "getting out of the way by your own means". We are space ninjas, a qte would just be a get out of jail free card for when you just stand still in front of the lich.

And finally, as it has been demonstrated already in this thread, the system has already been idiot-proofed. You know why you are on this mission, the game has given you warnings through flashing lights and com calls, you have to consciouslt hold the button down, any mistake is on you.

Could the system be made even more idiot-proof ? Sure. And if DE wasn't already working on the queenpins, I would have said that any more changes like that would have just been a waste of dev time. You can always hope they sneak some more qol in next lich update but come on man... will we need a written confirmation everytime we do anything ?

Yep. Thank you.

if you're still getting accidental liches, that's on you. the system is about as accident proof as it can possibly be without making it unnecessarily hard to make Liches for people who DO want them. as for the grapple move, they barely do it any more, only if you try to close in with melee and they don't cast a power or shoot you. if you're gonna fight a Lich up close you should be dodging and moving around,. not just standing in one place spamming your melee key. 

I'll agree that murmur farming could be improved, but that should happen in 2021 with the release of Corpus Liches. 

Btw if you kill a larva by accident that's completely on you.

Originally I could understand how someone can kill one by accident because if you used x for reload that is an easy way to get an accidental kill.

But now we have the hold x mechanic. So I can't believe it was really an accident.

And at this point these requests are getting ridiculous. Do you want like 20 confirmation warnings and 100 toggles for every little thing?

Just pay attention ffs.

Its not hard, Its boring as all hell. 3 hours of doing the same stuff over and over. It brings me back to a quorra article I read about highways (You'll understand where I'm going with this, I promise). It talked about why highways aren't straight, which would be the most efficient solution. The reason? A straight highway gets monotonous and results in more crashes. Now apply that to liches but the accidents are now people not touching the system again. Its too boring to do it, and while I can power through its just too painful. Also the RNG is just horrible. Spent about and hour and a half grinding for a kuva nukot lich. Got zip at all. And I know that's a stupid minor complaint cause it's RNG and can't change much, but it also goes into the monontony argument. Sadly it doesn't seem like DE has any intention to fix it, which is a shame. It seems it could be a cool system if it was improves, but they'll just move to the corpus version of liches (also DE, you could have done something like idk, robotics cause corpus? I just think having a bunch of lawyers working for parvos is weird. Just my opinion)

At this point its definitely a you problem. People wanted to hold the button to avoid exactly this, and here you are doing the opposite. Idk what to tell you other than you should have known this and released the button if that's the weapon you dont want. DE did everything they could to prevent dumb stuff happening and this is the best way to do it. This thread has no point since you decided to pull that stunt willingly on your own. Kill the lich you "wanted" and learn from it. Pay better attention next time, because this is really stupid to complain about.

hace 12 horas, vanaukas dijo:

EDIT:

Yes, I was right, you need to keep pressed the button in order to execute, what they need now, a literal pop up where they need to type "I'M SURE I WANT THIS LARVLING"? That excuse was bad but "understandable" when they didn't add the "keep pressed" mechanic, if even with that someone still thinks "it's accidental"... :facepalm:

Doesn't work sometimes, i pressed once and stopped pressing the button because i just needed to reload and it made the hacking a console animation and killed the kuva larvling.

People are deflecting the issue. Here.

yes it’s optional content. But overall that doesn’t make it any less free from criticism.

yes they should’ve paid more attention at the same time he brought up valid points for said argument 

requiem mod farming is Teidous and unfun to some.

the gambling mechanic still exist without a death penalty yay! But the gacha still exists. Making it fell more like a gamble or grind to figure out how to kill your lich vs an actual nemesis.

And for warframe to be so heavy on movement and Melle the grab is annoying (personally I don’t care about it) but hey We can talk about how the grab affects melee gameplay. 

Can we be civil lol ? 

Or are we gonna just try to SHlT on this person cause you don’t like what he said 

I feel like those requiem mods should be common reward from the relics instead. Theres not really any reason to do those fissures other than the words, I rarely see full squads on them but then again I do them rarely. Those ayatan stars and slivers are pretty worthless atm. 

The lich system in itself also needs improvement, hopefully some good changes come after corpus liches are here. That being said, Ive exterminated a battalion of liches by now so its not all terrible. 

I like the actual Kuva Lich system as it is. I have done 70+ until now and I feel quite satisfied with it.

The only thing that is a bit annoying are the requiem relics fissures. If there would be a fixed list of mission types like the Kuva syphons have then I would play it (more).

I personally like Pago spy which is the only requiem relic fissure type I actually play (solo of course for random squad reasons). 8 minutes of gameplay to open a requiem relic is not a good deal but acceptable in that case because I love to do that mission.

But what I don't want to do (and don't do) is to scan the fissures list regularly just for Pago spy. I better save my time and focus for Lich hunting and my daily gameplay work and buy the requiem mods that I need from other players.

On 2020-12-02 at 12:21 AM, TARINunit9 said:

accidentally ended up changing the element on my Kuva Brakk (luckily I was able to change it back two Liches later, with the Ephemera I needed to boot)

This is not a thing. At all. In any capacity.

You valenced the guns in the wrong order, and you didn't have to valence them or vanquish the lich at all.

The only next step in preventing "accidental" Lichs is sending a signed and notarized letter to DE confirming that you do, in fact, want to turn this exact larva into one. And even then people would somehow mess that up.

And how do people still find issues with Requiem mod farming? Seriously just farm the Relics off of Siphons or Thralls and wait around for a Requiem Survival to pop up. You get to double-dip in Kuva farming and with a full squad it isn't hard at all to get a stockpile of the mods going. And perhaps the most important part is that people need to stop wasting traces on bumping them all the up to radiant as it's only an 6% increase in the drop rate over making them flawless.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb trst:

<snip>and wait around</snip>

you got my issue... 🙂

Relic fissures often don't fit into my gameplay timetable. That's the reason why I buy the requiem mods instead of farming them. I have hundreds of requiem relics collecting dust just because I don't want to watch and guard the relic fissure alerts for a 5p mod.

5 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

This is not a thing. At all. In any capacity.

You valenced the guns in the wrong order, and you didn't have to valence them or vanquish the lich at all.

You think I didn't know what I was doing? Obviously I valanced the stupid thing on purpose to free up a weapon slot because Deimos Arcana had just come out 

Archived