Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need another forma

vegetosayajin

I'm talking about the warframe exilus.
Stance forma was as useless as it seemed at first, umbra(as cool as it seemed before) is pretty much a brag-forma now, it doesn't do anything useful in 90% of the builds(some may even say 100% of the builds)
But in wf exilus you have at least 4-5(or even more) useful mods with different polarities.
You may want (prime)sure footed in one build, rush in another, power drift in the third and in most cases you could afford just one.
I would have been way way better to introduce this forma instead of the stance thing...

We just need universal forma. No need to add another variation of universal forma for one specific slot. 

With the addition of the Helminth System we now have the ability to have 6 very distinct builds on one frame. Often times it's near impossible because of the different required polarities. As is we are pretty much stuck building a second version of the same frame for different builds. It's a complete waste of time.

I would gladly pay 50p each for universal forma and just forma every frame 4-5 times and never have to worry about fitting a build on a frame again. 

On 2020-12-02 at 3:22 AM, vegetosayajin said:

it doesn't do anything useful in 90% of the builds(some may even say 100% of the builds)

for DR and power frames this is an outright lie, period.

Best part if you actually knew the use of the brag forma you claim does nothing you can put anything in the exilus at normal drain with no need for eximus nor any other kind of forma via having double the necessary point spread for the largest drain exilus mod.

You were saying something about inability to read?

1 minute ago, -Kittens- said:

shiled gating, rolling guard, quick thinking cc outweight dr in higher levels, period
you have 4-5 more power mods that you can use in combination with one of the umbra mods without using an umbra forma, period
the argument that you need it is invalid to anyone with proper builds

3 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Yeah, i Mean Umbral Intensify is just an outright buffed version of Intensify, especially if you mix in a vitality to upgrade it (and get some extra survivability).

But i do agree, at this point there's no reason to not add a universal forma, or just make it that you can just stack polarities in the same slot. With Helminth and the extra build slots we can buy now, its kinda pointless to force us to go and build another warframe if we need different polarities.

The other alternative, would be to allow Rank 40 on warframes, i find that i always have more than enough capacity to slot in wrong polarities in my kuva stuff.

il y a 19 minutes, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

bear wow GIF by hannahgraphix

we already have like 4 different kinds, and regular Forma works on the Exilus slot. I'd say if you are struggling to get a proper build at this point, then you probably have unreasonable expectations of your build. either that, or you've got other problems.

I would have said something along those lines myself, but not here.

Exilus forma is THE forma we need. Aura ? Only switch I ever do is between cor proj and ener siphon, both same polarity. Stance ? What's the point really ? But exilus, you got range, power, coaction drifts, some augments, so many different impactful things that you just have to make a permanent choice.

6 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

shiled gating

Nice back pedal but RG does jack against pulse DOT and reversing damaging such as acolyte powers, and again you have 24 points of whatever mod you want.

Nobody uses it because they need it, warframe stopped being difficult after operators were introduced, period, and the premise for your copy pasta discord build stopped with it.

They use because it frees potentially up to 7 other slots while maintaining any level of walk forward and M1 QoL the player desires.

You were saying something about builds?

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

shiled gating, rolling guard, quick thinking cc outweight dr in higher levels, period
you have 4-5 more power mods that you can use in combination with one of the umbra mods without using an umbra forma, period
the argument that you need it is invalid to anyone with proper builds

Shield gating just works. If it's good enough for lvl 9999 it's good enough for any random mission. 

Sure, you can build for DR and ez mode random mission but it's going to eventually fail. Might as well just pay attention and run a shield gating build.

There are specific situations where an Umbral builds is better but the majority of the time it's not necessary or even worth it. 

Just now, Fallen77 said:

I would have said something along those lines myself, but not here.

Exilus forma is THE forma we need. Aura ? Only switch I ever do is between cor proj and ener siphon, both same polarity. Stance ? What's the point really ? But exilus, you got range, power, coaction drifts, some augments, so many different impactful things that you just have to make a permanent choice.

Stance is really useless, i mean you don't want two stances in one weapon to justify having a universal polarity there.
Aura, there's a few cases for it, like for example the very first warframe i used it on, Nova, since Slowva and speedva have entirely different needs, its really justified to have the universal aura forma on it. I think i also used it on nekros, but that's it...

Other than that, you're correct.

11 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Yeah, i Mean Umbral Intensify is just an outright buffed version of Intensify, especially if you mix in a vitality to upgrade it (and get some extra survivability).

But i do agree, at this point there's no reason to not add a universal forma, or just make it that you can just stack polarities in the same slot. With Helminth and the extra build slots we can buy now, its kinda pointless to force us to go and build another warframe if we need different polarities.

The other alternative, would be to allow Rank 40 on warframes, i find that i always have more than enough capacity to slot in wrong polarities in my kuva stuff.

The larger issue is logistical investment versus DE's bottom line, not player builds. DE has been historically resistant to anything that #*!%s with farming metrics, and this falls directly under it unless you can make a case for the level of farming and player investment needed to get an exilus forma in the first place something that gives DE positive logistical metric they can turn in to their chicken meat based overlords.

5 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Nice back pedal but RG does jack against pulse DOT and reversing damaging such as acolyte powers, and again you have 24 points of whatever mod you want.

you quoted only one of the options and I provided 4, and yes they work wonderful without using an umbra forma

Nobody uses it because they need it, warframe stopped being difficult after operators were introduced, period, and the premise for your copy pasta discord build stopped with it.

They use because it frees potentially up to 7 other slots while maintaining any level of walk forward and M1 QoL the player desires.

Never said wf being difficult, this was not the point of the topic.

You were saying something about builds?

This was the point.

To have a flexible slot in the same manner you have with an aura mod forma if you want.

The larger issue is logistical investment versus DE's bottom line, not player builds. DE has been historically resistant to anything that #*!%s with farming metrics, and this falls directly under it unless you can make a case for the level of farming and player investment to get an exilus forma in the first place something that gives DE positive logistrical metric they can turn in to their chicken meat based overlords.

Chicken meat overlords are no more... Now its Tech conglomerate overlords....

Well, adding either universal forma, exilus forma, allowing formas to stack on the same slot (making it a flexible polarity slot, instead of overwriting) or just increasing the max rank of warframes to 40 (via the 5 forma process), all these would come with extra farming or platinum purchases, which are the metrics they want (retention and outright money sinks).

Universal or exilus forma would definetly be a Teshin's Gifts, or whatever the name is for the rotating offers, offer, or through some other similar type thing.
Lvl 40 or Stacking formas would require buying/farming formas(or blueprints) and then grinding the levels back.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Dafuq is this thread? Yes, I'd love to see universal exilus forma in the future. Considering that would actually be useful, unlike Aura forma, stance forma and the most useless thing ever: primary and secondary weapon exilus slots.

So I don't really see why people are so pissed here and babble nonsense.

Weapon Exilus are quite useful. Does a huge difference in Khom builds for example. All ammo-hungry weapons benefit from having that installed. Some jumpy handguns can also benefit from it.
I already countered the uselessness of Aura forma as well... They're niche use, but nowhere near completely useless like stance forma.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Dafuq is this thread? Yes, I'd love to see universal exilus forma in the future. Considering that would actually be useful, unlike Aura forma, stance forma and the most useless thing ever: primary and secondary weapon exilus slots.

So I don't really see why people are so pissed here and babble nonsense.

I'm curious what auras people run that don't aura forma their frames. Do you just use whatever fits in the polarity the frame comes with? do you forma for one specific aura you prefer on everything? 

The majority of my frames have different builds that use aura mods with mismatching polarities. Aura forma isn't expensive and it does not take long to forma a frame. I see no reason not to just slap one in every frame. 

And weapon exilus slots too? People still manually reload their weapons in 2020?

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

My point is, why shoot down an idea that is a) optional and b) way more useful than other stuff that was developed.

We have dozens upon dozens of exilus mods, compared to the dozen Auras, 1-3 stances (we even have weapons with only ONE stance) and like 10 weapon exilus mods. Yet, all those three got something additional or in case of weapons were added to the game. 

The sentiment behind the existence of the current formas is "because there's so many variations of polarities" hence, Aura and stance forma, which in comparison, are absolutely minimal.

So why be against an exilus forma? It literally consists of why DE made Aura, stance formas even possible PLUS it has WAY more harder decisions because of ALL polarities being present throughout dozens of mods. (Unlike stance forma, we don't even have that many stances)

And if people defend current systems with "oh, there is this 1 niche use or a handful of weapons that have an actual benefit of x system, excluding hundreds of weapons having no benefit" then let me introduce my niche use to justify the existence of stance forma:

Dark Split sword.

Debunked.

So yeah, I'd love an exilus forma, just because I always switch around mods with different polarities in that slot, depending of the frame, sometimes sprint speed, sometimes meta mods like drifts, sometimes bullet jump, sometimes knockdown resist etc. etc. etc.

Oh, forgot that thing existed. That's one niche niche...  Good job debunking yourself man!

None of my posts are against this idea, just against the notion that aura forma and weapon exilus are useless.
Apparently you didn't read far enough to get that.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

My point is, why shoot down an idea that is a) optional and b) way more useful than other stuff that was developed.

We have dozens upon dozens of exilus mods, compared to the dozen Auras, 1-3 stances (we even have weapons with only ONE stance) and like 10 weapon exilus mods. Yet, all those three got something additional or in case of weapons were added to the game. 

The sentiment behind the existence of the current formas is "because there's so many variations of polarities" hence, Aura and stance forma, which in comparison, are absolutely minimal.

So why be against an exilus forma? It literally consists of why DE made Aura, stance formas even possible PLUS it has WAY more harder decisions because of ALL polarities being present throughout dozens of mods. (Unlike stance forma, we don't even have that many stances)

And if people defend current systems with "oh, there is this 1 niche use or a handful of weapons that have an actual benefit of x system, excluding hundreds of weapons having no benefit" then let me introduce my niche use to justify the existence of stance forma:

Dark Split sword.

Debunked.

So yeah, I'd love an exilus forma, just because I always switch around mods with different polarities in that slot, depending of the frame, sometimes sprint speed, sometimes meta mods like drifts, sometimes bullet jump, sometimes knockdown resist etc. etc. etc.

I'm a little confused. I didn't really shoot down the idea of an exilus forma, in fact I'm all for it. I just suggested that a universal forma would be more useful. I'd prefer a single universal forma over aura forma, stance forma and exilus forma since they would all do the exact same thing. 

I fail to see how exilus forma would be more useful than an aura forma though. I realize there are more exilus mods of different polarities but, if you slot an aura mod with the wrong polarity, max mod capacity goes from 74-78 down to 65. Losing 9-13 max mod capacity is more of a loss than any exilus slotted in the wrong polarity (excluding Prime Sure Footed). 

I regularly swap between Steel Charge, Brief Respite and Enemy Radar on the same frames. If the aura polarity does not match I wouldn't  have room for an exilus mod even if exilus forma existed. In my case it would be more beneficial to add aura forma and leave the exilus with no polarity or even forma it for Prime Sure Footed. 

We might just play differently and see usefulness in different things. Nothing wrong with that. It's actually a good thing. 

Archived