How is Saxum Thorax set bonus triggering?

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

Question

First noticed this with Pulled enemies that I was killing with melee, akin to Hanzo Hasashi's spear>uppercut combo, assumed that Pull induced Lift. This is still unknown to me.

But yesterday, I noticed I was triggering it with Zakti, which I confirmed today. I realized I had Exodus Force on, asked if that could trigger from guns (as I assumed XF was triggered strictly by melee strikes), and if Lift was a strictly melee-induced state.

If Lift is melee-induced, I'm confused how Zakti can trigger it -- the Zakti triggering XF I can buy, but the leap from XF to Saxum I'm having a problem with.

5 answers to this question

As far as I can tell it seems like it procs on any kind of kill and triggers a two second cd (visible in buff bar) before it can proc again except if you fulfill the condition (lifted) in which case it procs without triggering a cd. I might be wrong though since I didn't have the drive to actually test it properly in the Simulacrum but I have it on kind of perma cd (read perma proc'd) all the time it feels like.

Edit: I just checked the Wiki which lists a bug similar to this but it doesn't explain how ranged weapons proc it. To the Bat Cave!

Edit 2: Did you check if it did the impact aoe damage? As far as a quick test goes: any (weapon) kill triggers the cd (didn't test abilities), any melee kill triggers the cd and does aoe damage and a lifted kill triggers no cd(?) and does aoe the damage.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

As far as I can tell it seems like it procs on any kind of kill and triggers a two second cd (visible in buff bar) before it can proc again except if you fulfill the condition (lifted) in which case it procs without triggering a cd. I might be wrong though since I didn't have the drive to actually test it properly in the Simulacrum but I have it on kind of perma cd (read perma proc'd) all the time it feels like.

Edit: I just checked the Wiki which lists a bug similar to this but it doesn't explain how ranged weapons proc it. To the Bat Cave!

Edit 2: Did you check if it did the impact aoe damage? As far as a quick test goes: any (weapon) kill triggers the cd (didn't test abilities), any melee kill triggers the cd and does aoe damage and a lifted melee kill triggers no cd(?) and does aoe the damage.

The tysis can have maxed impact and blast alike which is probably the only test bed you actually need.

Archived