Thank you for all those little operator tweaks and QOL changes

vanaukas

As the tittle says, I want to thank you because, even if focus system is still in bad shape, you've been bringing a lot of updates to the operator and honestly its just keep getting better and better. 

There is no "best amp" anymore, almost every amp combination is a representation of a personal playstyle and I've been experimenting a lot with that, falling in love with almsot everything I've tried again so far. Void chanegs were very nice, I was wrong about my assumptions on damage on the current iteration, it feels VERY nice. The reduced stagger feels great. It's kinda sad that we didn't get a new arcane or new amps, but necramech also feels a great adition to command, changing between operator and nercamech feels like the direct opposite of the operator as a concept, I really love it.

Phad changes were amazing, all those bugs with amps are gone (even some visual ones), and honestly I could keep going  praising the current operator state. I wish more people would try this, it's insane how good it feels. 

Hopefully this is gearing up for more Operator content. I like the Operator, don't get me wrong, but compared to a Warframe, they just feel so stiff and clunky to me. Maybe it's because I've not finished focus yet.

To paraphrase myself from a different thread, we're presented with them as this godly force wrapped in the flesh of a child, but this comes out as a kind of less agile, less visually impressive Warframe which doesn't have half the mechanics Warframes have, not even getting a proper melee attack, and that's a pain to improve for comparatively minimal reward and comparatively little room to mess around with builds and individual playstyle. Focus is a fine system in and of itself, but as the main way to progress your Operator, it's pretty miserable.

The Necramech helps, but that's not really so much Operator content as it is its own, independent content. Your Operator doesn't affect the Necramech, after all.

I genuinely adore the Operator on a conceptual level, but I still feel like there's a lot more that could be done with them.

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Hopefully this is gearing up for more Operator content. I like the Operator, don't get me wrong, but compared to a Warframe, they just feel so stiff and clunky to me. Maybe it's because I've not finished focus yet.

To paraphrase myself from a different thread, we're presented with them as this godly force wrapped in the flesh of a child, but this comes out as a kind of less agile, less visually impressive Warframe which doesn't have half the mechanics Warframes have, not even getting a proper melee attack, and that's a pain to improve for comparatively minimal reward and comparatively little room to mess around with builds and individual playstyle. Focus is a fine system in and of itself, but as the main way to progress your Operator, it's pretty miserable.

The Necramech helps, but that's not really so much Operator content as it is its own, independent content. Your Operator doesn't affect the Necramech, after all.

I genuinely adore the Operator on a conceptual level, but I still feel like there's a lot more that could be done with them.

On the movement side, its just practice with every waybound unbinded. Takes a while to adapt your eye to keep track on distances, but once it clicks on you starts to feel very natural and you can actually move better than in a warframe. I have the perception totally flipped tho, I hate playing as a warframe because it feels too clunky for my playstyle.

But yeah, I wish we could have things like melee and more stuff. I also see this a as a fundation for future content, honestly the whole deimos update felt like that, like if something important is about to happen with the operator, not just duviri (or maybe its just duviri, who knows).

I genuinelly hope that new mini event for the deployable necramech on regular missions are the "operator only" missions or at least the final key to reach that place. I would give anything to test me without relying in the frame and facing real death.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Girl, I finished all focus plus millions of extra points.. their stiffness and clunkiness is not fixed with it..

With that out of the way, unless they make operators Warframes 2.0, I'll never be able to enjoy their gameplay.. I mean.. no double jump.. only taking this example is annoying.. and their animations feel so .. eh..

That's why I hoped Xakus abilities work on eidolons, and or orbs for element changing (haven't tested if the last one works).. so that operators are basically optional and for those that enjoy them.. but eh.. 

Doesn't work with orbs AFAIK :/

45 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

On the movement side, its just practice with every waybound unbinded. Takes a while to adapt your eye to keep track on distances, but once it clicks on you starts to feel very natural and you can actually move better than in a warframe. I have the perception totally flipped tho, I hate playing as a warframe because it feels too clunky for my playstyle.

For me it's the inability to adjust movement in mid-air. I can't course-correct without spending another void dash. Void dash is fine and all, but it lacks that precision for smaller movements that Warframes have tools for.

48 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

But yeah, I wish we could have things like melee and more stuff. I also see this a as a fundation for future content, honestly the whole deimos update felt like that, like if something important is about to happen with the operator, not just duviri (or maybe its just duviri, who knows).

I genuinelly hope that new mini event for the deployable necramech on regular missions are the "operator only" missions or at least the final key to reach that place. I would give anything to test me without relying in the frame and facing real death.

Agreed. Especially the death part. Operators dying is a slap on the wrist already which kind of limits how much they can reasonably have without it just being a free lunch. Void mode kind of does the same thing to be honest. Like, you're invisible and invulnerable in that state, which makes hacking consoles or reviving other players a complete non-issue.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Girl, I finished all focus plus millions of extra points.. their stiffness and clunkiness is not fixed with it..

With that out of the way, unless they make operators Warframes 2.0, I'll never be able to enjoy their gameplay.. I mean.. no double jump.. only taking this example is annoying.. and their animations feel so .. eh..

That's why I hoped Xakus abilities work on eidolons, and or orbs for element changing (haven't tested if the last one works).. so that operators are basically optional and for those that enjoy them.. but eh.. 

I don't think they'd need to full-on be Warframes 2.0, there's still plenty of options you could do without just porting over the existing mechanics. I could see them being more interesting if there was a seperate progression system apart from focus which unlocked additional core powers that let you tweak their playstyle. Like, you can equip a different void mode, a different void blast and a couple different mobility powers, and then have Focus iterate on that. So, like, one Operator has a second jump and a super-sprint (slower than Gauss, but still fast), and another has the void dash and can hover in mid air kind of like a Necramech or Hildryn. And then with focus, maybe Madurai makes the hover into the classic 'jets of fire' which causes you to burn any enemy nearby or leave trails of flame, and Unariu lets the super sprint be a charge that lets you bowl enemies over with the enhanced durability. 

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

For me it's the inability to adjust movement in mid-air. I can't course-correct without spending another void dash. Void dash is fine and all, but it lacks that precision for smaller movements that Warframes have tools for.

Agreed. Especially the death part. Operators dying is a slap on the wrist already which kind of limits how much they can reasonably have without it just being a free lunch. Void mode kind of does the same thing to be honest. Like, you're invisible and invulnerable in that state, which makes hacking consoles or reviving other players a complete non-issue.

I don't think they'd need to full-on be Warframes 2.0, there's still plenty of options you could do without just porting over the existing mechanics. I could see them being more interesting if there was a seperate progression system apart from focus which unlocked additional core powers that let you tweak their playstyle. Like, you can equip a different void mode, a different void blast and a couple different mobility powers, and then have Focus iterate on that. So, like, one Operator has a second jump and a super-sprint (slower than Gauss, but still fast), and another has the void dash and can hover in mid air kind of like a Necramech or Hildryn. And then with focus, maybe Madurai makes the hover into the classic 'jets of fire' which causes you to burn any enemy nearby or leave trails of flame, and Unariu lets the super sprint be a charge that lets you bowl enemies over with the enhanced durability. 

I think the distance covered by the default void dash is far enough to be comfy, in fact I used a lot of verticallity on my gameplay until naramon came into my life and that verticallity was impossible to achieve because 90% of the time you end up going to black because you surpassed the limits of the map... I wish we could kep the total distance but with more dashes, same energy spent, just ahving the option of doing weird manouvrs in mid air would be great. But even with that limitation, I just trace my path before I dash. I remember doing a thread a few years ago and Isuiggested this same thing and a lot of users were like "lol git gud" and I was very pissed because I felt insulted. Turns out they weren't nice, but they also had some true in their words. 

Smaller dash or bigger limits on the map is all I want. I also tie the void dash with the regular dash and constanly jumping, feels very similar to playing titanfall 2 as pilot honestly. 

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Thank you for all those little operator tweaks and QOL changes

Did they fix the completely busted focus trees? Did they fix latency making operators functionally unusable?

They didn't. They made explosive Amps unusable, and then changed them to be "worse, but not unusable". Praise be the almighty DE for their mercy.

6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I think the distance covered by the default void dash is far enough to be comfy, in fact I used a lot of verticallity on my gameplay until naramon came into my life and that verticallity was impossible to achieve because 90% of the time you end up going to black because you surpassed the limits of the map... I wish we could kep the total distance but with more dashes, same energy spent, just ahving the option of doing weird manouvrs in mid air would be great. But even with that limitation, I just trace my path before I dash. I remember doing a thread a few years ago and Isuiggested this same thing and a lot of users were like "lol git gud" and I was very pissed because I felt insulted. Turns out they weren't nice, but they also had some true in their words. 

Smaller dash or bigger limits on the map is all I want. I also tie the void dash with the regular dash and constanly jumping, feels very similar to playing titanfall 2 as pilot honestly. 

It's not the distance traveled I have an issue with, it's the general mobility without it.

Like, what if I want to delay my fall to let something pass, adjust because I overshot or missed by juuuuust a meter, or fight and move at the same time? The Operator can't do that. Outside of void dash, you just... flop to the ground. With a Warframe I can delay my landing or course-correct with a double jump, an aim glide or even a wall-jump. I can get a variety of angles on my target and chase down coildrives for fun because I can still fight and go fast. Even in Titanfall, hugging a wall (without the dedicated kit) is its own art that lets you stay suspended a moment longer. That's why I describe Operators as feeling clunky. It's not really an issue with what they have, but what they lack.

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

You now have my interest. That sounds good actually.

However, please not acquirable like focus.. I needed actual years for it because I refused to spam ESO.. something that can be progressed through in months would be good.

But yeah, sounds interesting.

Yeah. Focus isn't necessarily a bad system, but it's an 'end-game' system (a long-term investment for your XP) that serves as the main progression system for a core (?) mechanic, at least as far as the story is concerned. It's kind of like the Necramech mods at launch, where core stuff like health mods, bronze mods, had a sub-1% chance of dropping. 

My thoughts would be that there's a 'central' progression setup where you unlock the new powers which are decently strong in and of themselves, and then Focus which then further enhances them. You have a decent Operator without focus, a powerful one with, basically.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Did they fix the completely busted focus trees? Did they fix latency making operators functionally unusable?

They didn't. They made explosive Amps unusable, and then changed them to be "worse, but not unusable". Praise be the almighty DE for their mercy.

"As the tittle says, I want to thank you because, even if focus system is still in bad shape, you've been bringing a lot of updates to the operator and honestly its just keep getting better and better."

What was your point when I already said that? This is the best iteration of the operator. Of course isn't perfect nd still has flaws, but "transferecne" system doesn't affect just the operator, you have the same issues when transfering to a necramech :). You are literally blaming an operator mechanic when the lag is the issue.. If you had problems with the selfstagger, I'm sorry, but I often killed myself if I wasn't with void if I used AOE weapons (like the 90% of the structures). Removing that alows the operator to change elements without dying and was awesome, even more if you consider that if you are skilled, you can't completely disrupt the stagger (look for the shinning head).  Sadly it hurted the "I just use propa and shraksun scaffold to kill eidolons, nothing else" crew and yeah, now it's even better. So, thanks!

Archived