Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I created a web tool to optimize Stat-Sticks. Hope you find it useful and would love some feedback.

Just_Peaches

Hello fellow Warframe enthusiasts,

I wrote a script a while ago to find the absolute optimal build for Khora, Atlas, and Gara stat-sticks, factoring in things like relevant arcanes and whatever Riven you might have. After sharing this with a couple Discord friends, they suggested I make a web app for it with some usable UI in order to make it more generally useful. I'm an experienced developer but new to web development, but I managed  to create a working calculator on Google Cloud Platform.

The site can be found here: https://flamingo-297304.uc.r.appspot.com/

My tool considers every combination of relevant mods, as well as your riven (if you have one), and returns the build with the highest average damage. You can choose whether or not you have Arcane Avenger and Fury active, as well as whether the math should be done at maximum combo.

This site does not consider the effectiveness of elements against different enemy types, and thus may give a build with a suboptimal damage type for the enemies you're facing. This is a feature I'm considering adding, possibly as a dropdown for which enemy to optimize against. Let me know if this sounds useful.

If you find any bugs or feel there's a feature I should add, feel free to let me know any feedback you have, either by responding here or on the form linked from the bottom of the site. Thanks for taking a look and I hope this helps you fine-tune your builds.

Good call on the skins. I forgot that they actually do affect stat-stick damage. Which of the Exodias influence ability damage though? Does Exodia Force work when the Khora/Atlas 1 procs a status? That probably wouldn't be relevant on Khora, since the aoe is centered on the frame and likely wouldn't reach the target. There is one more arcane that I forgot about, which I think has the ability to buff stat-sticks: Arcane Blade Charger. I'll need to make sure that actually works as expected, but I'll add it if it does.

Thanks

It spit out my build so it looks like it works for Khora at least. You should include Weeping Wounds and auras like Steel Charge and Growing Power as options. Also the ability to enter your Power Strength and if you want to assume any augments are running (Rubble Heap, Accumulating Whipclaw), just to get the damage right. And maybe a callout for Atlas builds showing the different hit stages (1x, 2x, 4x damage).

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

You should include Weeping Wounds and auras like Steel Charge and Growing Power as options.

I'm not currently factoring in ability strength, but I considered adding it as another option (the math is trivial since it's just multiplying the base damage in each case). Would that be useful?

Agreed on Steel Charge. The chance of it actually influencing build choice is miniscule, but it should be an option.

As far as status chance goes, currently I don't factor statuses in, since the only way for that to increase the damage of the first hit is by the DOT from slash/heat/gas/toxin, but this (the average status damage) is rather difficult to compute and unlikely to outweigh another damage mod, especially since Gara's has no status, and Atlas has only 5% (and no slash), so it probably wouldn't be chosen for raw single-hit damage. I know some people like Weeping Wounds on Khora, but the way I understand it that's primarily for the increased chance of a viral/corrosive proc to make subsequent hits harder, which is difficult to account for here. Honestly I'm still trying to decide how to treat status chance here. One thing I considered was adding a "minimum status chance" field which could be set to a value of your choosing and filtering out builds with status below that value. Let me know if you have any other ideas on that.

Thanks for the tips!

42 minutes ago, Just_Peaches said:

I'm not currently factoring in ability strength, but I considered adding it as another option (the math is trivial since it's just multiplying the base damage in each case). Would that be useful?

Sure, Power Strength has no bearing on the stat-stick's build itself but it is nice to have the final number printed out for you.

47 minutes ago, Just_Peaches said:

As far as status chance goes

It's less to calculate the damage and more to say "this is a fixed part of the build". It means you have only 7 flexible slots instead of 8, so that second 90% elemental disappears. Same for example with having a Combo Duration mod on your weapon like Body Count, Drifting Contact, or Gladiator Rush. If you use one of those instead of Swift Momentum or going without then that's another slot filled. A raw damage build is great but there are other considerations to make.

Based on your feedback, I added Arcane Blade Charger, Steel Charge, and Ability Strength as options to the site. I'll try to add options for Accumulating Whipclaw and Rubble Heap once I figure out how to make conditional checkboxes.

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Same for example with having a Combo Duration mod on your weapon like Body Count, Drifting Contact, or Gladiator Rush. If you use one of those instead of Swift Momentum or going without then that's another slot filled. A raw damage build is great but there are other considerations to make.

For this, I'm currently considering adding "Minimum Combo Duration" as another field (with a Swift Momentum checkbox), then adding the duration mods to the list if it's set to something besides 0. I suppose I neglected this because I'm a diehard Naramon fan, especially on Atlas and Khora, but some people don't have access or would prefer not to use it.

Thanks again for the feedback and let me know any more ideas you have.

41 minutes ago, Just_Peaches said:

I'll try to add options for Accumulating Whipclaw and Rubble Heap once I figure out how to make conditional checkboxes.

I'm not sure if that's strictly necessary. If you have a checkbox for having an augment then you can assume that Atlas is using Rubble Heap and Khora is using Accumulating Whipclaw, as those are the only ones that affect damage.

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I'm not sure if that's strictly necessary. If you have a checkbox for having an augment then you can assume that Atlas is using Rubble Heap and Khora is using Accumulating Whipclaw, as those are the only ones that affect damage.

Yeah it's definitely not required but I feel it would be more intuitive if the box was labelled properly for each frame, and gone for Gara.

One more thing I forgot to mention: For Gara builds, I assume that you're using the puncture version (tap) of her 1, and thus consider puncture but not slash mods for damage. I believe this version is usually preferred for stacking 2 damage, since it casts faster and does better damage to armor (remember it can't proc status, so slash actually does worse against armor). In the same manner as the augments, I'm considering adding a slash/puncture toggle if Gara is selected, then considering slash mods instead.

I feel that with all of these options, the instructions at the bottom are becoming a little messy. If anybody's got an idea of how to clean that up, please let me know. I could possibly keep the general instructions at the bottom, then add the details as mouse-over tooltips for each option.

9 minutes ago, Just_Peaches said:

One more thing I forgot to mention: For Gara builds, I assume that you're using the puncture version (tap) of her 1, and thus consider puncture but not slash mods for damage. I believe this version is usually preferred for stacking 2 damage, since it casts faster and does better damage to armor (remember it can't proc status, so slash actually does worse against armor). In the same manner as the augments, I'm considering adding a slash/puncture toggle if Gara is selected, then considering slash mods instead.

I'm not a Gara person but that sounds reasonable. If I was I'd prefer Slash since it's more useful for your melee itself, though because of the math both should be identical, more or less like Elemental damage combinations.

Right, this won't change the math at all, unless you have a slash or puncture riven. Another thing I didn't make totally clear, which may be confusing in hindsight: since, as you mentioned, IPS mods are treated the same way as elemental ones, you should add your riven's IPS modifiers as "elemental damage", but only if they're of a relevant type for that frame. For Khora, since she's split evenly between IPS, this actually means dividing the number by 3 before putting it in. I was trying to avoid splitting IPS modifiers into their own category for code simplicity, but I'll reconsider if people find this annoying.

Alright, I figured out how to update the UI based on the current selections (with some inline javascript), so I added the following to the site:

-Added an option for Rubble Heap and Accumulating Whipclaw, which double or add 350 to strength respectively, when Atlas and Khora are selected.

-Let Gara builds choose between Puncture and Slash damage. Currently this only affects the mods considered for the build.

11 hours ago, Just_Peaches said:

For Khora, since she's split evenly between IPS, this actually means dividing the number by 3 before putting it in.

If it were 1/3rd Slash then it should deal 325 total damage when unmodded to a Charger. In reality, it deals ~304.5 (304, crits for 609). I've never been able to nail down Khora's actual damage distribution. It's weird. The 25% extra Slash damage is only adding ~4.5 damage, meaning the Slash damage would only make up ~6% of the total. I'll see if I can do some testing tomorrow or over the weekend, it's been bugging me for years and I've never gotten around to it.

15 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

If it were 1/3rd Slash then it should deal 325 total damage when unmodded to a Charger. In reality, it deals ~304.5 (304, crits for 609). I've never been able to nail down Khora's actual damage distribution. It's weird. The 25% extra Slash damage is only adding ~4.5 damage, meaning the Slash damage would only make up ~6% of the total. I'll see if I can do some testing tomorrow or over the weekend, it's been bugging me for years and I've never gotten around to it.

Interesting. I never actually looked into this myself; I just trusted the wiki, which says it's evenly distributed. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, since I'm pretty sure it will never be worth it to build IPS on Khora, unless you find it actually heavily favors (~75%) one stat. The only time that'll make a difference is when you have an okay but not ideal riven with an IPS plus or minus.

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

You got me curious about this, so I did some experimentation of my own, and found out something strange. I did the same charger test and agree that Whipclaw only appears to have ~20 slash damage by that math, but here's the weird part: every 120% IPS mod affects the damage equally, regardless of type, despite the fact it does not appear to deal equal damage of each type. Specifically, the 120% impact and puncture mods increase the charger damage from 305 to 436, and the slash increased it to 469 (expected due to the type weakness), which would imply that each type does 109.2 damage baseline, which adds up to more than the total damage.

In addition, adding all 3 120's to it, which should increase the damage of any IPS weapon by exactly 120%, increased it to 731, a ~140% damage increase, which shouldn't be possible. Basically, there's something odd about the way the game handles IPS mods on Whipclaw, and each IPS mod appears to have a little over 1/3 of its expected effect. Even though I'm still not sure how this is being handled, I'm fairly confident that IPS mods will never be worthwhile on Khora.

7 minutes ago, Just_Peaches said:

You got me curious about this, so I did some experimentation of my own, and found out something strange. I did the same charger test and agree that Whipclaw only appears to have ~20 slash damage by that math, but here's the weird part: every 120% IPS mod affects the damage equally, regardless of type, despite the fact it does not appear to deal equal damage of each type. Specifically, each 120% mod increases the charger damage from 305 to 436, which would imply that each type does 109.2 damage baseline, which adds up to more than the total damage.

In addition, adding all 3 120's to it, which should increase the damage of any IPS weapon by exactly 120%, increased it to 731, a ~140% damage increase, which shouldn't be possible. Basically, there's something odd about the way the game handles IPS mods on Whipclaw, and each IPS mod appears to have a little over 1/3 of its expected effect. Even though I'm still not sure how this is being handled, I'm fairly confident that IPS mods will never be worthwhile on Khora.

🤔

How odd. Yeah I'll do some testing this weekend and see if I can find out.

You're right that IPS is almost never worthwhile on Khora, but having mathematical proof is better than anecdotal proof so it'd be nice to have if the data was available. The one case where IPS matters is if you're doing a specific Slash Khora build, where it's worth having Slash mods to weight the procs differently. But I think that's out of the scope of your calculator.

Archived