Flickering Lights feel pointless now

TheSixOfDiamonds

I dunno if some setting needs to be flipped at my end or not. I'm assuming no, and moving on with the feedback:

Prior to Deimos Arcana, the lights flickered different colours with different effects. This gave me info has to how much attention I should be paying to them (or the next transmission). Now, everything seems to just be a black flicker, so I can't tell anymore. In any given 20+ Grineer mission, if the lights flicker it could be one of four things and I just have to guess and/or wait. One of those is bordering on inconsequential (Larvling), G3 and Stalker I'd like to know to pick my arena for them, and if it's a Syndicate I'd like to know so I can top off energy real quick and have the nuke ready. The only info now is via transmissions.

It doesn't help that if you aren't the target, you get 0 info, because you don't get a transmission. The only reason I've gotten any info when running with clanmates has been the fact we're in Discord. otherwise the lights'd flicker a couple times and I'd have zero clue what happened. I"m aware the major assassins send transmissions to everyone, but the colour of the light flicker told me that already.

If I have a setting somewhere I need to tweak, I'd love to know. Otherwise the flicker is basically pointless now.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

The weird part is when it flickers when playing endless modes, but nothing happens.. 🤔 happens basically every hydron run..

I'd suspect a Larvling for Hydron, since it's every run. That "careful, if you kill too many Grineer, a Larvling will show up ~woooo~" flicker.

16 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I dunno if some setting needs to be flipped at my end or not. I'm assuming no, and moving on with the feedback:

Prior to Deimos Arcana, the lights flickered different colours with different effects. This gave me info has to how much attention I should be paying to them (or the next transmission). Now, everything seems to just be a black flicker, so I can't tell anymore. In any given 20+ Grineer mission, if the lights flicker it could be one of four things and I just have to guess and/or wait. One of those is bordering on inconsequential (Larvling), G3 and Stalker I'd like to know to pick my arena for them, and if it's a Syndicate I'd like to know so I can top off energy real quick and have the nuke ready. The only info now is via transmissions.

It doesn't help that if you aren't the target, you get 0 info, because you don't get a transmission. The only reason I've gotten any info when running with clanmates has been the fact we're in Discord. otherwise the lights'd flicker a couple times and I'd have zero clue what happened. I"m aware the major assassins send transmissions to everyone, but the colour of the light flicker told me that already.

If I have a setting somewhere I need to tweak, I'd love to know. Otherwise the flicker is basically pointless now.

Curious but have you not been paying attention? The flickering is a preamble to the Stalkers, Gustrag 3, any Syndicates TRANSMISSION, multiple transmissions in some cases, that they are coming. You get about 30 seconds to a minutes worth of warning.  Are you telling me that in that time you do not have adequate time to situate yourself for battle? Just the "Flickering" lights was enough time for you to figure out what is going on?

Given the bigger problems Warframe is facing right now, this seems like very small potatoes to me.

24 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Curious but have you not been paying attention? The flickering is a preamble to the Stalkers, Gustrag 3, any Syndicates TRANSMISSION, multiple transmissions in some cases, that they are coming. You get about 30 seconds to a minutes worth of warning.  Are you telling me that in that time you do not have adequate time to situate yourself for battle? Just the "Flickering" lights was enough time for you to figure out what is going on?

Um, yes? Did you not read what you quoted? Prior to Arcana, i could tell by the color filter of the lights during the flicker who was coming, and could situate. Now, if i get a transmission (as in, I'm the target), I know how much to care. Thing is, the Larvling, Assassins, and Death Squad all trigger the flickering lights.

If I don't get a transmission, I have no idea what's going on. I've been waiting entire missions for something to happen, but nothing does. That makes the entire point of the flicker now pointless. Why warn the player of something that doesn't happen?

21 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Um, yes? Did you not read what you quoted? Prior to Arcana, i could tell by the color filter of the lights during the flicker who was coming, and could situate. Now, if i get a transmission (as in, I'm the target), I know how much to care. Thing is, the Larvling, Assassins, and Death Squad all trigger the flickering lights.

If I don't get a transmission, I have no idea what's going on. I've been waiting entire missions for something to happen, but nothing does. That makes the entire point of the flicker now pointless. Why warn the player of something that doesn't happen?

Seriously? The near immediate transmissions from the incoming enemy is not sufficient warning? What are you doing in game? As for your claim of colour change to the flicker, I have not had that problem.

18 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

The near immediate transmissions from the incoming enemy is not sufficient warning? What are you doing in game?

You missed it again. Larvlings trigger it, as well. Rather the "if you kill enough Grineer, we'll spawn a Larvling" warning triggers it. Something with no transmission until you've triggered a kill tally. In addition, it's not near-immediate. I've not only had missions where the Death Squad spawns with no transmission (playing solo for those), or it gets put off for some unknown reason.

18 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

As for your claim of colour change to the flicker, I have not had that problem.

Ah, something usable! Are you running the newer engine? I know for a fact it isn't color correction since I toggled that on and off to no effect. It shouldn't be Bloom or Motion Blur (which I always turn off).

Just now, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

But I've never seen a larvling spawn in hydron even 20 waves in 🤔

You might've run out of guys to kill. Larvlings are triggered by a kill count. My theory is there weren't enough guys (possibly because they were already dead) in the time window to trigger. No idea, though.:clem:

1 minute ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

You might've run out of guys to kill. Larvlings are triggered by a kill count. My theory is there weren't enough guys (possibly because they were already dead) in the time window to trigger. No idea, though.:clem:

Afaik larvalings just can't spawn in endless missions, but it still "tries" to, resulting in the flicker with nothing happening.

Archived