Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Concept: Hades - The Gatekeeper, The Houndmaster

Cobalt313

A rather complicated idea I've been stewing over for quite a long time that's finally beginning to coalesce enough to post. Basically my take on both the idea of a Kubrowframe and a Summoner-frame inspired in party by Azir from League of Legends, excelling in area defense but rewarding players skilled enough to micromanage his Hounds with considerable offensive potential. This is probably one of my biggest and most thorough ideas (despite currently lacking numerical stats)

In Summary: Hades is a mechanically complex summoner-style Warframe whose gameplay revolves around managing and juggling three exalted Hounds through careful positioning and re-positioning the Gates they are bound to. In addition to providing area defense in the surroundings of their Gate where they can move and attack, each individual Hound also serves as a focus for their own unique abilities offering damage, crowd control, and healing/support, respectively. Kills earned by these Hounds count toward Stacks that can be used by his Ultimate "Master's Call" to provide even greater control and mobility in tandem with the Hounds as well as give Hades himself temporary buffs. Earn enough stacks and you can summon the ultimate Kubrow companion to unleash powerful new abilities at your command and unbound by any Gate, or even better fuse with the super-Kubrow yourself to become a 3-headed werewolf-like monstrosity and wield all these devastating powers as your own for a time.

Stats: Currently undecided, will focus on abilities for now, to be edited later.

Passive - Hounds: Hades' first three abilities place Gates that summon spectral Kubrow-like companions called Hounds, which share an Exalted Companion mod pool accessible in the Arsenal.

Spoiler

Hounds appear chained to Gates summoned by Hades' abilities, and can freely move and attack enemies only within a limited radius of their respective Gate, henceforth the gates "Inner Radius". 

Summoned Gates also project a much wider "Outer Radius" that serves as the range limit for abilities tied to that Gate. Gates once placed will remain indefinitely until their respective Hound is slain or Hades himself moves beyond the Gate's Outer Radius.

Enemies killed by a Hound's abilities or within the Inner Radius of their Gate count toward a resource called "Judgement", with five kills counting toward a single stack of Judgement up to a maximum of 10 stacks in total. Judgements are tracked separately for each Hound, and can be consumed as part of Hade's Ultimate.

Ability 1 - Tartarus, Judge of the Wicked: Hades first ability places a red Gate, guarded by a spectral red Kubrow clad in a fearsome iron helm.

Spoiler

When first summoned, Tartarus charges forward in a line from Hades' side toward the new Gate, damaging and knocking down any mortal foe unfortunate enough to stand in his way while leaving a lingering trail of hellfire in his wake.

Once at his post, Hades can tap-cast this ability to order Tartarus to perform a damaging charge attack from his Gate to any point indicated within his Gate's Outer Radius. Hold-cast the ability at any point within the Red Gate's outer radius to place a new one, and Tartarus will relocate to his new post from his old using the same burning charge attack he used when summoned.

Passively, Tartarus may periodically perform a finishing attack on wounded foes that causes them to drop additional ammunition.

Ability 2 - Asphodel, Warden of the Masses: Hades second ability conjures a blue Gate, where a blue Kubrow specter stands guard, as vigilant as the watchful canine faces of its prominent metal pauldrons.

Spoiler

When summoned, Asphodel immediately leaps to his new post, sending chains lashing outward to quell revolt in a cone spreading forward from the Gate's center  in the direction of his movement. Enemies caught in Asphodel's chains are briefly entangled, and may drop additional Energy orbs

While on guard, Hades can choose a point within range and tap-cast to order Asphodel to apprehend all foes in an inverted cone starting from the diameter of his Gate's Inner Radius and narrowing toward the point Hades indicates, entangling foes and pulling them back toward his Gate. If Hades hold-casts this ability to assign Asphodel a new post, the direction of the cone of chains unleashed upon reaching the gate will be determined by the blue Gate's former position rather than Hades' own.

Passively, Asphodel may punish foes that harm Hades while standing in his Gate's Inner Radius by grappling them and opening them to finishers, disarming them instead should his master choose to spare the guilty of their sentenced execution.

Ability 3 - Elysium, Companion to the Righteous: Hades third ability invokes a green Gate protected by a spectral green Kubrow, whose kindly heart beats within the protection of an ornate metal cuirass.

Spoiler

When Elysium reaches his new Gate, a wave of calming plant growth radiates slowly outward from its center to a range determined by the gate's distance from Hades when cast. Allies touched by this wave are cleansed of status ailments and granted a health regeneration buff, while foes are overcome with feelings of peace and tranquility that cause a percentage reduction to speed and damage dealt.

When Elysium's Gate is open, Hades may direct him to any ally within range of his Gate (or himself if none are available) to lick their wounds and grant healing over time to that target. Hold-casting the Gate in a new territory for Elysium to play in results in another wave of life and tranquility to radiate out from the new location, its maximum range calculated by distance relative to the old Gate rather than Hades' own.

Passively, Elysium may periodically charm enemies in close proximity to him, distracting them while they temporarily cease their assault to play with the friendly Hound.

Ultimate Ability - Master's Call: Hades' Ultimate ability has no energy cost, but requires at least one active Hound with at least one stack of Judgement to function, and has different functions depending on how many are available.

Spoiler

Once available, Master's Call highlights Hades' Gates through solid obstacles, with a red, blue, or green border representing Tartarus, Asphodel, or Elysium respectively. Hades can point at a highlighted Gate and cast Master's Call to dismiss that gate and immediately summon its Hound to his side, leashing them to his left arm and allowing him to function as that Hound's Gate for the purpose of both passive movement and attack radius as well as area effects and energy costs for castings of that Hound's abilities. Doing this also consumes a stack of Judgement to grant Hades a buff for 10/20/25 seconds determined by the Hound in question:
-Tartarus's Judgement grants a percent increase to attack damage
-Asphodel's Judgement gives a bonus to armor and knockdown resistance
-Elysium's Judgement grants health regeneration and status immunity

Judgement buffs automatically refresh at the end of their duration at the cost of another stack of Judgement for as long as that Hound remains tethered to Hades. If no Stacks remain at the end of a buff's duration while that Hound remains tethered to Hades, it will be dismissed and need to be re-summoned at a new Gate. Judgement buff durations do not expire prematurely if a Hound tethered to Hades is sent out to a new Gate by hold-casting their ability.

If all three Hounds possess at least one Judgement apiece but at least one has less than five, hold-casting Master's Call dismisses all currently-active Hounds and combines their colored Gates into a single white Gate, which opens to unleash the ultimate Hound: Cerberus.

Spoiler

Cerberus is a corporeal black Kubrow clad in a full suit of armor assembled from the pieces worn individually by Tartarus, Asphodel, and Elysium, with a broken length of glowing white chain trailing cosmetically from his collar. Unlike the other Hounds, Cerberus is not tethered to a single Gate, and can move and attack freely about the map just like any other Kubrow companion, and possesses significantly increased base stats compared to the individual Hounds.

For as long as Cerberus is on the field, Hades' first three abilities are replaced by the following new abilities:

-Flames of Tartarus: orders Cerberus to charge forward in a line through the point indicated by Hades, damaging and knocking down enemies and leaving a trail of damaging hellfire that continues forward a short distance beyond the point at which Cerberus stops his charge. If Cerberus's charge is interrupted by colliding with a solid object or surface, it will trigger a massive explosion of Blast and Impact damage in a semicircle facing away from the point of impact, as well as light the affected area on fire. This ability costs a stack of Tartarus' Judgement per cast instead of energy, and cannot be used if no stacks remain. Hold-casting this ability calls Cerberus to Hades' side while revealing the path the charge will take upon release of the ability key, at no extra cost of Judgements.

-Chains of Asphodel: Commands Cerberus to jump to the point indicated by Hades and whip his "leash" about in a circle, entangling all nearby enemies in chains before jumping backwards to draw them all toward the center of the circle. This ability costs a stack of Asphodel's Judgement instead of energy per cast, and cannot be used if no such stacks remain.

-Song of Elysium: Sends Cerberus to an ally's position (or calls him to Hades' side if none are selected) and causes him to howl musically, granting health regeneration to all allies in a radius around Cerberus and briefly causing enemies caught in the area of effect to stop attacking.

Cerberus lasts X number of seconds scaling with Ability Duration, or until all stacks of Judgement are expended or Hades dismisses him prematurely by casting Master's Call. If any Judgement stacks remain unspent when Cerberus expires or is dismissed, that respective Hound will be automatically summoned at Hades' side and apply a free instance of their Judgement buff at no cost. In the unlikely event that Cerberus is killed by enemies, all unspent stacks of Judgement will be lost and all Hounds will need to be re-summoned anew.

If all three of Hades' Hounds possess at least 5 Judgement stacks each when Cerberus is summoned, Hades will instead pass through the White Gate himself and fuse with Cerberus, becoming a massive 3-headed Were-Kubrow-like monstrosity.

Spoiler

While fused with Cerberus, Hades's stats are significantly increased by a percentage of Cerberus's own, gaining bonus health, armor, and shields comparable to that of a Necramech. In this state Hades may expend Judgement stacks to cast abilities similar to Cerberus's, but with the following alterations:

-Flames of Tartarus has increased area-of-effect, covering a wider area during the initial charge and producing a larger and more powerful explosion on impact with a surface.

-Chains of Asphodel operates in a cone in front of Hades, drawing enemies near before delivering a 3-pronged bite attack that deals Finisher damage to foes in a small area directly in front of Hades.

-Song of Elysium causes Hades to howl with all 3 heads at once, granting allies in the radius damage reduction in addition to health regeneration and deafening enemies caught in the stunning area of effect. 

Tap-casting Master's Call while fused with Cerberus separates Hades and Cerberus back into Warframe and Companion, and hold-casting Master's Call ends the transformation prematurely.

If Hades somehow manages to be killed while fused with Cerberus, he will immediately revive at full health and shields, but without his Hounds and unspent Judgement stacks.

Trivia: 

Spoiler

-While I have yet to solidify Hades' own appearance, I am toying with the idea of having his Gates form from ornamental pieces that detach from his model in a manner similar to Protea's gadgets, with the Gate that summons Cerberus being formed from a combination of all 3 at once.

-Hades' ability animations would have him issue orders to his Hounds via a combination of gestures and precise whistling, with each ability- or at least each Hound- having its own unique corresponding whistle.

-During the Quest to obtain this Warframe, it would be implied that Hades technically only possesses one hound- Cerberus- while Tartarus, Asphodel, and Elysium are essentially quantum shades created by the Void gate used to seal Hades away collapsing on Cerberus while he tried to rescue his master, dividing his existence into multiple unstable entities like light refracted in a prism. Your Quest would entail recovering and repairing fragments of Cerberus's armor to consolidate and bind these Shades into more stable forms- Hades' three Hounds- as they help you to open the "Gate to the Underworld" and free Hades from his Void-prison, though he will have succumbed to Void-madness and need to be put down in order to obtain his blueprint.

-I am seriously considering making Tartarus, Asphodel, and Elysium invincible once summoned both to represent their quantum instability and also so they don't get killed by enemies firing at them from outside their movement radius before they can score any kills themselves. Cerberus meanwhile will be able to take damage and be killed/discorporated due to both behaving more akin to a normal Exalted Kubrow and because he now exists fully on the material plane as a regular albeit extremely powerful attack dog.

-Conversely, Hades Prime's trailer would indicate that Hades splitting Cerberus into three Hounds to cover more ground is a design feature, as Hades Prime would be shown sending Cerberus Prime into a white gate, and then separating the White gate into the three colored Gates from which Tartarus Prime, Asphodel Prime, and Elysium Prime would emerge to intercept multiple fleeing targets at once.

-I am debating having Hades Prime turn his Hounds' default colors from Red, Blue, and Green to Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow, respectively.

-I  had considered making the Cerberus Fusion function akin to a Necramech and wield an Arch-Gun and melee claw attacks instead of your normal weapon loadout, or alternatively having it wield "Cerberus's Leash" as a sort of exalted whip weapon, but decided against it.

-I had also considered forgoing the "Fusion" function of Master's Call entirely and merely having Cerberus grant constant versions of his Judgement buffs for free for as long as he remained summoned, as well as have him automatically teleport to Hades' side when casting abilities to give the player maximum control over their areas-of-effect, and may still go this route if the Were-Kubrow fusion is deemed excessive by feedback.

First, i like the concept, but think it could do with some work. I feel it would be better to have 1 gate ability, with the other abilities providing different mechanics. I like the idea of a exalted kubro thats more a template for individual summons. Maybe a system where 1 summons a tempory companion that attacks and stuns a single enemy before fading, 2 creates a summoned kubro (1 at a time with a max of 3-5) with a medium duration, 3 buffs both yourself and companions, with a radial menu and 3 different buffs (only 1 active at a time) and 4 summons a gate that draws agro and summons kubros with short durations that gain bonus damage the more damage the gate takes (plus buffs from 3). I feel this might give a more engaging playtyle.

Second, I feeling heavy isnpiration from the Game Hades by supergiant (If its a coincidence then sorry :D ). If it is, i did a concept you may like :)

18 minutes ago, chaotea said:

First, i like the concept, but think it could do with some work. I feel it would be better to have 1 gate ability, with the other abilities providing different mechanics. I like the idea of a exalted kubro thats more a template for individual summons. Maybe a system where 1 summons a tempory companion that attacks and stuns a single enemy before fading, 2 creates a summoned kubro (1 at a time with a max of 3-5) with a medium duration, 3 buffs both yourself and companions, with a radial menu and 3 different buffs (only 1 active at a time) and 4 summons a gate that draws agro and summons kubros with short durations that gain bonus damage the more damage the gate takes (plus buffs from 3). I feel this might give a more engaging playtyle.

Second, I feeling heavy isnpiration from the Game Hades by supergiant (If its a coincidence then sorry :D ). If it is, i did a concept you may like :)

Technically I was just inspired by Greek mythology which the game Hades was itself inspired by; I think I had the beginnings of this idea stewing before that game actually came out.

As for the mechanics, yeah I admit I could probably have gone a much simpler route with a single ability wheel to cycle between the three Hounds and letting the other and letting the other two abilities do other things, but ultimately the degree of mechanical complexity I went with using each ability to command each Hound is itself deliberate. A lot of complaints I see raised on ideas of "Summoner" Frames is a concern over "Set and Forget" playstyles- the idea that a Frame revolving around summoning minions to fight on their behalf risks having said minions eclipse the Frame itself as they basically sit back and do nothing while the summons do all the work with no further input. I decided to avoid this problem by going in the opposite direction, taking inspiration from Azir from League of Legends.

For those who don't play, Azir is- or at least was, dunno about new seasons after I stopped playing- one of the most powerful Champs in the game if, and ONLY if you know how to use him right. Azir himself deals middling damage with his basic abilities and relies on proper management and positioning of his Sand Soldiers to be effective; if you use him wrong, you are at best a nuisance and at worst a useless bag of free gold and XP. If you DO know how to use Azir, you are something to be feared, able to win lane trades if not teamfights as you juggle and slaughter your foes with your Soldiers, destroy their tower, claim and raise the rubble as your own, and press the advantage as you await the chance to do it all again.

I wanted Hades to be somewhat like that: at his simplest you can block off three choke-points with doggo zones that kill enemies for you while you sit back and use your weapons on the rest, but at its most complex you can deliberately reposition your Hounds to use their powerful summon/reposition abilities to damage/lockdown foes and heal/empower allies and/or optimizing your positioning to get the most coverage out of your Hounds' active abilities, all while using your Ult to cycle Judgement buffs to make you more powerful and survivable, until eventually you get enough to summon Cerberus and kick everyone's butt alongside/as a giant 3-headed hellhound.

Having said that I do kinda see what you mean about controlling the Hounds- I could probably have gone with a "hold to cycle" route with the first ability just summoning and placing individual Hounds and the second and thus freeing the second and third keys to issue commands to your active Hound and possibly allow for greater control, though on a counterpoint making each Hound a separate ability does allow me to assign a degree of priority to each one with different energy cost (e.g. Damage (Tartarus) is cheap, CC (Asphodel) is more expensive, and healing/support (Elysium) is most expensive). Still, with each Hound practically coming with three abilities of their own I could probably make a radial menu control style work if I wanted.

The idea behind Master's Call and stacking Judgements to summon/become Cerberus is about right where I want it as a core concept, but now that I think about it I could possibly do more tweaking or rebalancing of the way Judgements are accumulated or spent to make Cerberus something of a reward you need to put some effort into earning rather than something you can zero-effort cheese your way into. Off the top of my head I could see either only counting kills that the Hound performed or assisted in counting toward Judgement stacks, or perhaps putting a limit on how many stacks you can accrue on a single Gate without relocating it, i.e. newly-placed Gates start out in an "Open" state that tracks kills in their Inner Radius toward accruing Judgements but then switch to a "Closed" state that doesn't track Judgement kills after either a certain amount of time has passed or you've earned a certain threshold of Judgements (perhaps 1/2/3 scaling with the level of Master's Call?)

1 hour ago, Cobalt313 said:

Technically I was just inspired by Greek mythology which the game Hades was itself inspired by; I think I had the beginnings of this idea stewing before that game actually came out.

I was just thinking that you used the exact three locations the did, thought that had inspired your choices, but its cool.

Forwarning: Im typing this after some of the comments below. Ive been quite critical of a number of your points. Please understand its because i think the core concept has merit. If i didnt, i wouldnt put in the time. It comes from a good place.

As for the mechanics, yeah I admit I could probably have gone a much simpler route

To be honest, i think you did. You effectivly have 1 ability used 3 times with a twist. It would be like if chroma had is 1st ability on slots 1-3, just with different elements. The concept isnt mechanically complex at all. Not a bad thing, but its a very simple warframe to work out. Though i dont know that it will work well. You would have all 3 gates open at the same time, probably as close as possible.

A lot of complaints I see raised on ideas of "Summoner" Frames is a concern over "Set and Forget" playstyles- the idea that a Frame revolving around summoning minions to fight on their behalf risks having said minions eclipse the Frame itself as they basically sit back and do nothing while the summons do all the work with no further input. I decided to avoid this problem by going in the opposite direction, taking inspiration from Azir from League of Legends.

Thats a good idea. However, you didnt acheve it. You can still 'set and forget'. You just get an extra choice of using abilities again to gain an extra thing. If anything having multiple gates encourages the set and forget playstyle. A simple solution would be something like 'kills near gates increase duration. Summon kills dont count'. There is an instant incentive to play activly. The only complex thing is his ult, and its complex only in the way that it does too much, but doesnt really offer compelling reasons to invest. After all if you summon cerberus you loose the ability to make more gates, which means once that ability ends your left without anything in the tank.

Azir himself deals middling damage with his basic abilities and relies on proper management and positioning of his Sand Soldiers to be effective

I feel the problem is the change in perspectives here. That kind of thing works well in mobas more strategic style, but doesnt work well in warframes shooter style. The best powers are the ones your constantly balancing alnog side your abilities. Xaku has several 'fire and forget' abilities, but each is tweaked so that overall there is alot of management that keeps you on your toes.

I havnt played LoL, but i have played alot of Dota2. I know there are heros that are similar, but would require alot of tweaking to make them Warframe ready.

I wanted Hades to be somewhat like that: at his simplest you can block off three choke-points with doggo zones that kill enemies for you while you sit back and use your weapons on the rest, but at its most complex you can deliberately reposition your Hounds to use their powerful summon/reposition abilities to damage/lockdown foes and heal/empower allies and/or optimizing your positioning to get the most coverage out of your Hounds' active abilities, all while using your Ult to cycle Judgement buffs to make you more powerful and survivable, until eventually you get enough to summon Cerberus and kick everyone's butt alongside/as a giant 3-headed hellhound.

This breif sounds good. But its the execution of the individual powers that feels lacking. Especially as it doesnt feel like the abilities are designed with how players play. The ult is going to be active all the time most likely.

Having said that I do kinda see what you mean about controlling the Hounds- I could probably have gone with a "hold to cycle" route with the first ability just summoning and placing individual Hounds and the second and thus freeing the second and third keys to issue commands to your active Hound and possibly allow for greater control, though on a counterpoint making each Hound a separate ability does allow me to assign a degree of priority to each one with different energy cost (e.g. Damage (Tartarus) is cheap, CC (Asphodel) is more expensive, and healing/support (Elysium) is most expensive). Still, with each Hound practically coming with three abilities of their own I could probably make a radial menu control style work if I wanted.

Maybe a look at making a single ability summon a single hound that marks enemies when it attack. Marked enemies spawn another hound on death, so the longer the ability lasts, the more you get. Making the gate idea more of a cycleable passive choose-your-buff for another power could buff all current hounds. Then use the third for the 'extra command' ability, the selected buff changing what the do Maybe the nearest hound reacts. You could make the Masters Call combine all current hounds into a cerberus, where each one increases damage and duration. Were normal hounds are more CC based, the Cerberus is pure damage. Masters call can be recast, allowing cerberus to absorb more hounds, further increasing damage and duration. This gives a similar investment to managing garas splinter storm, encouraging you to keep using all 4 abilities in tandem.

4 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

For those who don't play, Azir is- or at least was, dunno about new seasons after I stopped playing- one of the most powerful Champs in the game if, and ONLY if you know how to use him right. Azir himself deals middling damage with his basic abilities and relies on proper management and positioning of his Sand Soldiers to be effective; if you use him wrong, you are at best a nuisance and at worst a useless bag of free gold and XP. If you DO know how to use Azir, you are something to be feared, able to win lane trades if not teamfights as you juggle and slaughter your foes with your Soldiers, destroy their tower, claim and raise the rubble as your own, and press the advantage as you await the chance to do it all again.

I would say Azir it he gold standard for a summoner. He feels  good to play and it does feel like you are commading and army ( it feels like even more them a RTS due to his amazing Voice over and the hand movements and animations when he is commanding his troops ). You did a good job at emulating his play style but due to the nature of the games his mechanics don't work as well here. For example Azir soliders are literally harmless if he does not comand  them to attack , the cerberus dogs on the other hand can be used as e "melee" turret by just setting the gates near the enemy path. I don't think that would be that big of a problem because Kudrow don't have good mods for dps and most of their power is loaded into the skill cast itself. The 4th skill is fine as an automatic summon because it is limited by availability. The design mostly works well , I would just try to translate that feeling of direct comand you get with Azir auto attacks. 

As far as giving that feeling of comand I would either give a targeting setting mechanics similar to prima 2 ( uses the same tagging mechanics used by sepulcrum ) 

Or using the skills of the warframr to direct the summon on a similar matter to my WIP for skad's kit. The frame skills comamd the dog to use his modular skill set.

Edit: I'm aware you are already going using skills to issue comands but I like more the combo variant ( warframe does x summon does y , instead of warframe comands summon to do y ). I´m aware azir uses the comand to do y variant but he auto attacks gets replaced ( and we can´t replace the player gun ) so he is constatly micormanaging his troops so I think either the combo variant or the see theses guys variants work better here.

Passive 

Chitin shield - skadi shields received the benefits of her armor but dont regenerate over time. Any healing receive when skadi has full health  will be turned into shields at 50% convertion rate. 

Dog - skadi is always deployed  along side her trusty dog. This dog will use his skills im in tandem with skadi. Skill depemdent on mutagens equipped

1. Ski

Skadi engages the blades on her legs and uses them to move. ( works ismilarto mach rush but slower and more maneuverable )

Dog

Fallows skadi leaving a trail of toxic fumes behind. Effects vary based on mutagen equipped

2. Track 

Skadi Hight enemy weak spots through walls. Additionally highlighted enemies take increased damage on weak spots and melee attacks will always hit the weak spot regardless of the point of contact 

Note: ignores LOS restrictions but it is a cone shaped  AOE.

Dog

Fires quills at highlighted enemies within his LOS.Effects

Synergy: Dog prioritizes highlighted enemies and will always hit the enemy weak spot. Effects vary based on mutagen equipped

3. Bow

Fires a mutagenic arrow at the target.

Enemies

Enemies hit will bloat and explode upon death. Hitting a weak spot with this arrow will increase blast radius and leave a toxic pool after the explosion

Allies

Allies hit deal increased corrosive damage and heals whenever an enemy dies within a 15 meters radius of the player. Hold Skadi stabs herself with the arrow

Dog

Charges the enemy hit by the arrow and attempts to finish it off. Upon successful kill the dog will receive a buff depending on equipped mutagen.

4 ??

All right so I've given this Frame more thought and I have a bit of an idea of how to re-work it in a slightly more sensible manner. Full edit will come later, but I can try to summarize the changes here:

Passive: Hounds- Concept of having the three Hounds stays the same, but Judgements are now a single track instead of a separate one per Hound. Only kills on enemies that have taken damage from both Hades and a Hound count toward stacking Judgment.

1st Ability: Gates of the Underworld- Tap to cycle through your unlocked Hounds (Tartarus, Asphodel, or Elysium, in that order), hold to place a Gate at a targeted location within ability range and summon that respective Hound to patrol and attack enemies in a small radius of that Gate. Once you've summoned your first Hound, the other two become locked for as long as it is active, requiring you to spend one stack of Judgement to unlock a second Hound and two stacks to unlock the third. Hold-casting on an already-summoned Hound dismisses it, allowing you to summon it again at a new location or choose a different Hound at no Judgement cost if no other Hounds are summoned.

2nd Ability: No Escape- Tap to command your currently-selected Hound to perform a combination attack with Hades in a direction he indicates, hold to relocate their Gate to another chosen point within that Gate's outer radius and perform a powerful area-of-effect attack launched from their previous location.

-Tartarus; Tap-cast makes Hades send a wave of hellfire forward to inflict fire damage and status proc on enemies in a line, while commanding Tartarus to perform a charge attack in a line that intersects with the wave of flames at the point or enemy indicated by Hades, dealing Impact and Puncture damage and staggering all foes caught in his path. Hold-cast sees Tartarus perform a flaming charge attack in a line from his old post to the new, damaging all foes along the path and leaving a lingering trail of hellfire in his wake that continues a short distance beyond his Gate in the direction of his movement.

-Asphodel: Tap-cast to have Hades throw a spiked bolas to entangle a single target, and Asphodel will lunge forward to catch them in his leash to pull them toward his Gate. Enemies in a reverse cone between the target and the Gate will be entangled in the leash and forcibly pulled toward the Gate as well. Hold-cast to relocate Asphodel's Gate, and the Hound will leap to his new post, upon landing releasing two perpendicular cones of entangling chains to either side of his path of movement.

-Elysium: Tap-cast to make Hades imitate the howl of a Kubrow, and Elysium will answer in kind to heal Hades and any allies in a radius around the green Hound. If Hades himself is in this radius, he will also be cleansed of negative status ailments. Enemies that hear Elysium's howl will be stunned temporarily. Hold-cast to give Elysium a new playground, and the jubilant Hound will release a slow-moving wave of life and vibrance radiating outward from the new Gate upon reaching it. The further the distance between the old Gate and the new, the greater the maximum radius of this wave of life. Allies caught up in the wave of greenery are granted health regeneration and status immunity for a short time, while enemies are overcome with feelings of peace and tranquility that dramatically reduce their movement speed and damage output.

3rd Ability: Master's Call- spend 2 stacks of Judgement to unchain a selected Hound from its gate and summon it to your side, tethering it to Hades' left wrist to grant him a different temporary buff and allowing him to serve as that Hound's Gate for the purpose of range of effect. Any Hounds still chained to Hades at the end of their respective buffs are dismissed and will need to be re-summoned if outside the Outer Radius of their respective Gate. While chained to Hades, Gate of the Underworld can place a new Gate for that Hound at no cost, while hold-casting No Escape places a new gate and casts its ability using Hades' current position at reduced cost than normal.

4th Ability: Cerberus- Consumes 3 to 5 stacks of Judgement to summon Cerberus, the exalted Kubrow. Cerberus has increased stats compared to the individual Hounds and can freely move and attack about the map like a regular Companion without needing to be tethered to a gate. While Cerberus is summoned, tap-casting No Escape consumes stacks of Judgement and calls Cerberus to Hades' side to join in empowered versions of their abilities:
-Flames of Tartarus: Hades sends Cerberus forward in a burning charge attack through a point Hades indicates, while Tartarus charges forth from his Gate to the same position. At the point where the two Hounds' paths intersect, a delayed explosion is triggered dealing Heat, Blast, and Impact damage to enemies in a radius of that intersection.

-Chains of Asphodel: Hades orders Cerberus to entangle a group of foes in his leash, leaping back to pile them in the center of the circle as Asphodel then draws the entangled pile of bodies toward his Gate.

-Song of Elysium: Cerberus joins in the howl, granting health and status immunity to allies in a radius around both Elysium and Hades. Should the two areas overlap, allies hearing both songs are also granted temporary damage reduction and enemies are deafened.

Cerberus remains on the field for a limited duration unless killed or Hades runs out of Judgement stacks. Cerberus himself may use the passive ability of whichever Hound is currently selected in Gates of the Underworld.

I know I'm missing details, but the full edit will take care of those while this is just an attempt to summarize the major changes to this re-work.

Archived