Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random people reporting

Razorclad

So I made a quick game today and after it someone I don't even know, and that was not in the game messaged me "I don't like you harassing my kid, I reported you fc" then reported / muted me. I never saw this man before and I am asking myself if it's not an elaborate form of scam or just someone wanting to see if he can get a random banned.
I am a bit scared because I never had any problem in warframe, with 1300+ hours of gameplay and don't know how the report system work.

Did someone have ever experienced this before ?

I once got reported for using Excalibur (pre-Umbra) in a Sortie, some people just are beyond help in that regard.

So yeah, as long as you aren't actually doing anything wrong you're not likely to get banned, and I agree that somebody likely sent that to you by mistake.

19 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Maybe he knows what you did last summer...

That pool party was LIT ! Kidding covid kinda ruined the whole freaking summer ^.^ 

2 hours ago, Razorclad said:

So I made a quick game today and after it someone I don't even know, and that was not in the game messaged me "I don't like you harassing my kid, I reported you fc" then reported / muted me. I never saw this man before and I am asking myself if it's not an elaborate form of scam or just someone wanting to see if he can get a random banned.
I am a bit scared because I never had any problem in warframe, with 1300+ hours of gameplay and don't know how the report system work.

If there is not proof dont worry its probably either a mistake or trolling.

3 hours ago, Razorclad said:

Thanks for the answers, I wasnt very anxious about it but a confirmation is always good to take !

Don't let idiots like that get to you.

As standard in all MMO's, everything is recorded, including Chat. Its known as a "Chat Log". If anyone reports a player, the investigation team simply brings up the Chat Log and confirms what was/wasn't said. Under DPA, DE can keep Chat Logs for up to 12 months. So whether it was hours/days/weeks/months ago, theres a proverbial "paper trail". If that fool wants to try to put through a false report, let them. Raising false reports regularly is also an offense, and can lead to Temp/Perm bans.

The only thing you should ever worry about is either being the fool who thinks they can get away with being offensive, or being the fool who thinks they can raise false reports with no consequences. Just dont be the fool and you'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Razorclad said:

So did anything happen in that quick game that was weird? Did you even use chat? Were you joking around with the other players? I'm curious about those details.

Regardless, if you know you weren't a jerk, or harassing anyone, then the report will obviously go nowhere. You can't just make stuff up to get people in trouble, or overreact to tiny things and expect support to ban or give people official warnings over it. 

If your conscience is clear and there isn't anything you are keeping from us, you really have nothing to worry about. 

Archived