Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can umbra forma be cheaper?

(PSN)adachi_2

Okay so the price should be 105 ,why 105? Because you get 3 steel essence per alert and you get 5 of them per day so that's 15 steel essence per day 15×7=105 not enough to get umbra forma and you get the 150 the store is already changed so you have to wait 8 weeks to get another umbra forma,I rest my case

2 minutes ago, --RV--Faras said:

Or you can do a 45m to 1hr of acolytes within those 8 weeks to get the extra 45 if you really want the umbra forma...

Be realistic no one's going to do that maybe veteran's but even if they did it wouldn't be very fun which goes against the purpose of games

Just now, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Be realistic no one going to do that and even if they did it wouldn't be very fun which goes against the purpose of games

You have 525 SE worth of alerts in 8 weeks. You only need to do under a third of that for Umbra Forma. If you don't do that, do you really want an Umbra Forma?

5 minutes ago, --RV--Faras said:

You have 525 SE worth of alerts in 8 weeks. You only need to do under a third of that for Umbra Forma. If you don't do that, do you really want an Umbra Forma?

It would be better if SP was layered over everything. This way we could get se while also going after other objectives. Like sorties, relics, me, etc

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It would be better if SP was layered over everything. This way we could get se while also going after other objectives. Like sorties, relics, me, etc

I strongly agree, farming essence in long survivals was only of the most enjoyable things I had left to do in this game. But what happened happened, we have to adapt to changes and alerts is what we're ought to do now unfortunately. I prepared and farmed a couple thousand SE pre-change so I'm not really affected by it.

105 within a week doing only alerts is a minimum sometimes you get an Acolyte without doing much so you can get (3+2)x5x7 = 175 and without smeeta buff. Also Umbra Forma I have 3 on my Valkyr since I almost use her for everything and you might need a few for one Melee and thats it. Maybe a few more frames for particular types of mission but not every frame benefit having 2 or 3 umbra formas.

1 hour ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Okay so the price should be 105 ,why 105? Because you get 3 steel essence per alert and you get 5 of them per day so that's 15 steel essence per day 15×7=105 not enough to get umbra forma and you get the 150 the store is already changed so you have to wait 8 weeks to get another umbra forma,I rest my case

don't forget to include the acolyte spawns that you would get in those 5 missions (assuming you don't run any other SP mission) since each one drops 2 that would bring you up to 5 per mission. 5x5 is 25 and 25 x 7 = 175. thats 25 less than the 150 you need for an umbral forma, meaning you could either stock up for something else or choose to do up to 12 missions where you skip the acolyte.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Better yet lets just have DE send everyone an Umbra forma every 8 weeks if they logged in during that period of time. 

DE making SP casual friendly but not casual friendly enough. 

Actually they did do that but the reward was far greater it was a legendary 

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

don't forget to include the acolyte spawns that you would get in those 5 missions (assuming you don't run any other SP mission) since each one drops 2 that would bring you up to 5 per mission. 5x5 is 25 and 25 x 7 = 175. thats 25 less than the 150 you need for an umbral forma, meaning you could either stock up for something else or choose to do up to 12 missions where you skip the acolyte.

Good point but not all is able to kill the acolytes 

4 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

If you don't buy, you'll have  an 100% discount.

41 minutes ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Good point but not all is able to kill the acolytes 

then that's not DE's problem, that's the player for not being skilled or having the right equipment, or whatever other reason it is they can't beat the Acolyte's on Steel path.

there has to be SOME level of difficulty, that's all Steel path is actually there for. at some point you just have to accept there's a bar that you need to reach, and if you can't reach it, then you gotta do what all gamers have to do from time to time, and "git gud". 

To be fair, even just running the alerts will spawn two to three Acolytes over the course of it. Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense are all good at getting one to spawn.

So the daily average is a minimum of fifteen, but easily hits 20+

Meaning that Umbral Forma isn’t out of reach if you have less than 7 days of play per week.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

then that's not DE's problem, that's the player for not being skilled or having the right equipment, or whatever other reason it is they can't beat the Acolyte's on Steel path.

there has to be SOME level of difficulty, that's all Steel path is actually there for. at some point you just have to accept there's a bar that you need to reach, and if you can't reach it, then you gotta do what all gamers have to do from time to time, and "git gud". 

LOL skill,but no seriously there's literally no skill required for warframe all you need is good equipment 

4 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Be realistic no one's going to do that maybe veteran's but even if they did it wouldn't be very fun which goes against the purpose of games

acolytes spawn after ~5-6 min, you dont have to play an hour, you can play just 6 min kill him and leave and repeat that when you feel like, also together with dailies - so you get 3 from the daily alert + acolyte drop in those ~5-6 min

plus now you get 25 for completing a planet and its all retro-paid for all the planets you've already cleared, you will have more than enough essence

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PSN)amazing021throne:

LOL skill,but no seriously there's literally no skill required for warframe all you need is good equipment

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PSN)robotwars7:

a021t, you failed to read. try again.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

There might be no skill required. There is however a considerable amount grind required. Requesting DE to reduce the grind is futile, especially when that grind is for Umbra forma and can literally be accomplished in a few hours over the course of 8 weeks.  

Archived