Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can umbra forma be cheaper?

(PSN)adachi_2

1 hour ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Generous really how is destroying a system where you have to wait... 

I meant generous as in easier for new players and "casuals" since you dont have to do 1-3hour survivals to get decent amounts. Almost anyone can hop in to these alerts since something like rescue can be done without even killing anything. 

I do agree that its not as fast as it was before, and the current system does need changes. For one, the first acolyte of the mission needs to spawn sooner or after objective has been completed so you don't have to wait around. Also while I didnt farm SE before this, I think the best way to please everyone is to add drops back to the eximus units while still keeping the alerts and acolytes but balance the drop amounts and rates or the store costs to compensate. Say, for example, acolytes drop 3 essence but eximus 1 with a small chance.

2 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I meant generous as in easier for new players and "casuals" since you dont have to do 1-3hour survivals to get decent amounts. Almost anyone can hop in to these alerts since something like rescue can be done without even killing anything. 

I do agree that its not as fast as it was before, and the current system does need changes. For one, the first acolyte of the mission needs to spawn sooner or after objective has been completed so you don't have to wait around. Also while I didnt farm SE before this, I think the best way to please everyone is to add drops back to the eximus units while still keeping the alerts and acolytes but balance the drop amounts and rates or the store costs to compensate. Say, for example, acolytes drop 3 essence but eximus 1 with a small chance.

Actually having done some testing it doesn't work that way. Not sure if you ever did the original acolytes but they're triggered by entering the room that they are in. I tested this by clearing all but 1 room in a map and then upon realising what was going on, I sat outside for 15 minutes. No spawn. The instant I walked in the acolyte spawned. Note this is in the actual Acolyte missions from the alerts not a random SP mission, those simply have a timer of about 5 minutes for the first spawn and spawns thereafter.

18 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Okay so the price should be 105 ,why 105? Because you get 3 steel essence per alert and you get 5 of them per day so that's 15 steel essence per day 15×7=105 not enough to get umbra forma and you get the 150 the store is already changed so you have to wait 8 weeks to get another umbra forma,I rest my case

So in 8 weeks you can get at least 840 (not counting the acolyte spawns)...that's about 5 umbra formas, that you can't get for 6 months...what was the point of the post? 

I'm of the opinion they're too tight on the Umbra Forma, considering there are 44 non-Prime Warframes and 31 Prime Warframes.

Umbra Formae are scarce, which is of course the design intent, but they're extremely scarce for developing a mere two or three favorite Warframes out of all those Warframes.  That's before we even touch the subject of favorite Melee/Exalted Weapons.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Hooligantuan said:

I'm of the opinion they're too tight on the Umbra Forma, considering there are 44 non-Prime Warframes and 31 Prime Warframes.

Umbra Formae are scarce, which is of course the design intent, but they're extremely scarce for developing a mere two or three favorite Warframes out of all those Warframes.  That's before we even touch the subject of favorite Melee/Exalted Weapons.

The problem with that theory is currently at least, there aren't many frames that can really benefit in a meaningful way from umbra forma. That may change when Tau is introduced but for now that's how it is.

19 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Technically everyone 

Not everyone has the desire, will or time to beat all 257 individual mission nodes required to unlock TSP. Your argument is like saying "Who can get a Ferrari Enzo? Technically everyone", which is an argument that only works when you willingly ignore the investment that is tied to acquisition requirements. 

It's not for everyone, by design.

14 hours ago, (PSN)amazing021throne said:

Yea I can but some cant

If they cant kill the acolytes then they arent the target audience for the umbra forma since they dont understand its worth or should I say lack there off in the first place. There is a handful of frames that can make use of it for an actual benefit, that handful of needed umbra forma can be obtained elsewhere. Steel Path Umbra Forma does not need to be cheaper since it is a QoL item at that point and nothing more, reserved for throwing at frames that only makes use of 2/3 umbras anyway and can fit those in with regular forma just fine already.

wrong: Can       umbra forma be cheaper?

right:    Should umbra forma be cheaper?

i didn't max max umbra set. because ... i'm not playing with 1 warframe! and instead of a maxed set, I prefer to use 1-2 mods more.
and if it was possible to get umbra in the past, then it should be possible to do it now! even new players (or after long break) should have the same number of umbra formas.

18 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

i didn't max max umbra set. because ... i'm not playing with 1 warframe! and instead of a maxed set, I prefer to use 1-2 mods more.

Ok time to call you out on this, please elaborate on which frames you believe we need umbra polarities on and why. Bear in mind that without Steel Essence we currently have 8 available from the game.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Ok time to call you out on this, please elaborate on which frames you believe we need umbra polarities on and why. Bear in mind that without Steel Essence we currently have 8 available from the game.

who is we? you and who else? dissociative identity disorder?

16 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

who is we? you and who else? dissociative identity disorder?

How about instead of dodging the question you actually give a real answer, if you're capable of doing so? Otherwise you just prove my point that you're simply complaining for no actual reason, just blasting hot air.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

How about instead of dodging the question you actually give a real answer, if you're capable of doing so?

Wait a moment. what or who are you talking about there? you ask specifically "we need". yes, "we"!
How can I respond constructively if I don't even understand who it is about? ...
there is no insult or anything ... there are people like that and I don't mind. whatever. I'm probably not the right person to talk to for something like that. I prefer to ignore you.
that is not meant personally either. you're probably cool guy.

8 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Wait a moment. what or who are you talking about there? you ask specifically "we need". yes, "we"!
How can I respond constructively if I don't even understand who it is about? ...
there is no insult or anything ... there are people like that and I don't mind. whatever. I'm probably not the right person to talk to for something like that. I prefer to ignore you.
that is not meant personally either. you're probably cool guy.

I think you realise that I'm asking you, which frames you need umbra polarities on and why. Your continued dodging of the question basically says you don't actually know. I don't really mind if you choose to dodge the question because by doing so you have completely invalidated your entire purpose behind the thread and everybody can see you're just full of hot air and complaining for no reason.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not sure what he said that is worth calling him out on. All that was said is that he doesnt max out the umbra set since he doesnt play just one frame. And your question answers itself since the answer is "any frame that slots or can make use of 3 umbra mods".

When did he ever imply that any frame needed the polarity to begin with? I'm honestly highly confused right now on what you are calling him out on.

Le 03/12/2020 à 18:47, (PSN)amazing021throne a dit :

Technically everyone 

Not really.
A forma for a special polarity that is ONLY NEEDED for specific niche builds that make use of 3 umbral mods or use a bunch of high capacity mods while 2 umbral mods are there isn't "for everyone". They are really for a the few people that want multiple of those niches builds, and those aren't everyone.

And if you think everyone need a bunch of these, you are clearly playing/modding wrong.

Archived