Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Why LOS range nerf on khora?

The reason doesnt sit well with me. If your aim was truly to weed out afk macroers who sit on the steel path afking nodes with khora, cant you just ban the few players who do that? Why am I getting one of my favorite frames I invested a TON of time into (6 forma khora, 6forma cat and 6 forma weapon) nerfed? It doesnt seem like much but when you are at a doorway and you blast a group of enemies and 30 more trickle through the door you start realizing something happened to khora. Sure enough went on forums and found out the truth.

Why do you guys pull this crap? I have supported you guys for a long time and with power creep issues like any other game has, instead of changing gameplay balance and mechanics you end up nerfing and invalidating a players investment of time by nerfing a character or warframe. This is less of a frame issue, and more of a mechanical one that you guys should balance all aoe damage mechanics around. Not just hurt a few players who were afk macroing but screw over the rest of us legit playing khora because we like the frame.

Just to add a little bit of a red ass to my post. I dont even #*!%ing play steel path

Edit: I realize a lot of people are upset about this too. I have a solution. Just play Wu kong - unkillable - fast as hell - and does millions of damage. /endrant 

Side note: we need to nerf Equinox's Day 4 ability for LOS checks LOL /signed

Edited by -Trendy-
  • Like 16

Because DE doesn't understand how she works. See: Venari. It's another poorly-considered knee-jerk reaction to something that got DE spooked.

But anyone that didn't see a Khora nerf coming was blind. She's only ever gotten stronger since her release and she trivializes any sort of damage-based content that isn't gated behind forced mechanics like Eidolons or Orbs. Even a basic Rivenless build can pump out a million DPS. When she can have damage numbers that turn the rest of your team into a rounding error there's something up.

That said, the LoS is the worst possible way to have done it. It has no effect on the sewer camping DE didn't like, and it has no effect on her high damage output and ease of use that causes trouble within the game's balance. And most of the time you don't even realize it's there. But when you do realize it, it's nothing but annoying. It nerfs her by intentionally adding bugs to her kit, which is completely indefensible and incredibly disappointing to see.

A damage falloff is far more appropriate. It preserves her damage potential, addresses killing enemies through walls, incentivizes aiming and using her 2/4 more often, and doesn't make her ability whiff every 30-60 seconds and do nothing.

Hopefully someone at DE sees the light, though I'm not very hopeful. It's been 6 hotfixes and the mechanics they've added are literally broken. They're the same mechanics that are literally broken for Fireball and primary Tombfingers and yet still unfixed.

• Like 11

well... i dont know! khora isnt very popular warframe and i dont see her so much ingame. i havent even see here to often in public games!

she is very hard to get and i bought her with plat in 2019... this nerf is very strange!...

Edited by Battle.Mage
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

well... i dont know! khora isnt very popular warframe and i dont see her so much ingame. i havent even see here to often in public games!

She was THE meta in Steel Path. Load up any endless mission in Public, you would get one if not two of her

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

She was THE meta in Steel Path. Load up any endless mission in Public, you would get one if not two of her

Or 3. However they nerfed the endless steel essence grind, and that alone would have stopped the Khora meta. So why did they nerf Khora on top of it? Because it's DE and all they know how to do is nerf. Or their new strategy since Xaku -- make the initial release the absolute worst kit possible and then say "look, look! we buffed this piece of crap -- praise us now!". (See Bonewidow too.)

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

because DE has a hidden nerf quota that they need to reach, or else their chinese overlords will withdraw any support form the game.

not really, but it would explain a lot. 

Speaking of Chinese overlords whatever happened to China warframe 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb -Trendy-:

The reason doesnt sit well with me. If your aim was truly to weed out afk macroers who sit on the steel path afking nodes with khora

My opinion on this matter is that it's impossible to understand why Khora was used for the Steel Essence grind and not get why she was nerfed. So in my view, anyone claiming that the Khora nerf was a roundabout way to make Steel Essence harder to get (which is not the reason DE gave but something that was invented on this forum) is automatically disqualifying himself from the conversation. You either don't understand anything about grinding Steel Essence with Khora and should therefore not talk about it, or you know damn well why Khora was nerfed and should stop lying about it.

• Like 6
vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)isbergen:

Or 3. However they nerfed the endless steel essence grind, and that alone would have stopped the Khora meta. So why did they nerf Khora on top of it? Because it's DE and all they know how to do is nerf. Or their new strategy since Xaku -- make the initial release the absolute worst kit possible and then say "look, look! we buffed this piece of crap -- praise us now!". (See Bonewidow too.)

Yeah, let's just continue to limit the design of the entire game and work around one stupidly overpowered frame instead of changing the one thing that is the problem. That makes sense.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 6
38 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, let's just make add a mechanic that has never been well-received any of the times it has been implemented and is known to be buggy and inaccurate instead of changing the one thing that is the problem. That makes sense.

FTFY. The LoS is completely indefensible.

giphy.gif

Nerfs are fine if they work. The LoS doesn't. DE needs to replace it with something else.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

all they know how to do is nerf

Interesting because the last time I read the patchnotes Bonewidow got some fat buffs.

Also Railjack was deemed too weak and it got buffs.

And melee weapons also got buffs.

Some frames got changes not too long ago and they were all buffs and or little reworks.

Maybe you should think through what you're saying.

• Like 15
58 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

FTFY. The LoS is completely indefensible.

giphy.gif

Nerfs are fine if they work. The LoS doesn't. DE needs to replace it with something else.

If they didn't fix this on other frames they won't fix it on khora...

Edited by JackHargreav

De has no idea how to balance the game, they always do stuff like this. I bought khora deluxe and tennogen, 1 week later they nerfed her in this way, this was the last time that i spent my money in this game, i refuse to give my money to a company that don't play their own game and have no idea what they are doing, they nerfed khora because of the macro users, and didn't punished this players. i think i will just find other game to play, maybe a game that fun is allowed.

GG DE.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Interesting because the last time I read the patchnotes Bonewidow got some fat buffs.

Also Railjack was deemed too weak and it got buffs.

And melee weapons also got buffs.

Some frames got changes not too long ago and they were all buffs and or little reworks.

Maybe you should think through what you're saying.

You ignorant [expletive censored]!! Those are nerfs to ENEMY SURVIVABILITY!

• Like 8
Il y a 4 heures, Battle.Mage a dit :

she is very hard to get and i bought her with plat in 2019... this nerf is very strange!...

You don't see khora in game because people who play khora don't need anyone so will tag solo or with nekros or stuff, especially in SP where the spawning is maxed at 1 player already... Popularity wise, just look at the price of her unrolled stastick rivens to get an idea, it's luxury and it's not even necessary to dish out extreme damages. Also popularity is not a decent metric at all, there are lots of things that are absolutely busted balance wise and don't get lots of exposure in public parties because these are mechanically complicated and/or require expensive things to work out. It is not the case with khora, d1 of SP in later planets there was khora everywhere and the first strategies that involved steel essence farming were ALL using a khora because it is that overwhelmingly strong, borderline completly unfair at all levels.

I think that you failed to understand the mechanics, it's like Gara, those spellcaster statstick frame have an additionnal layer of depth that is kind of impossible to fully understand by yourself.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1

The thing is she already had hitbox bug where you cant half the time hit the enemy in front of you while using only her 1 and not pairing it with her 2 or 4 or both together ... so we didnt lose much on that one , funny enough they didnt bother the fix her 1 issue before , nerfing its mobile usability was pointless but anyway her damage is the same , you should be more concerned about upcoming status changes and a possible kuva nukor nerf .

Edited by killerJoke66
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, killerJoke66 said:

you should be more concerned about upcoming status changes and a possible kuva nukor nerf .

*rummages through impossibly large arsenal of weapons, loud banging and clanging sounds made*

Nah I reckon we'll be right, just as we always have been. DE nerfs us, we un-nerf ourselves again.

• Like 4

I find it hilarious how people always complain about nerfs when the game is already a snoozefest 9 times out of 10.

We already have no shortage of /killall buttons in most of the game's content, as a result the content has been cheapened so much we're now stuck as discount Diablo because of it.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I find it hilarious how people always complain about nerfs when the game is already a snoozefest 9 times out of 10.

We already have no shortage of /killall buttons in most of the game's content, as a result the content has been cheapened so much we're now stuck as discount Diablo because of it.

Even Diablo is discount Diablo now. 

Diablo 2 was a way better game that 3.

Edited by Berzerkules
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, let's just continue to limit the design of the entire game and work around one stupidly overpowered frame instead of changing the one thing that is the problem. That makes sense.

The problem is the modding system, not Khora. And that cannot be quickly changed. The LoS nerf wasn't a good fix, but band aids are the only solution on the table unless you want to rework the entire foundation of the arsenal without potentially screwing over every single player in the game.

• Like 2