Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why LOS range nerf on khora?

-Trendy-

1 hour ago, moonfallen said:

Yet another untested brain dead nerf with nothing else to offer straight up aimed to kill frame we love and recommended to play sneakily added post test cluster, well but Deluxe is cashed so screw you guys go play other frames i guess... Next nerf baruuk LoS after he get deluxe i know my plat not going there for sure we already see the pattern.

I don't see how this nerf killed khora. From what I can tell the los is not that noticable. 

And from other players' comments It seems like that's the case and the nerf was ultimately pointless and an annoyance at best.

Seeing a khora on almost every vault run is pretty much a proof of that also.

So if you want to use her go ahead because not much has changed.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

I don't see how this nerf killed khora. From what I can tell the los is not that noticable. 

And from other players' comments It seems like that's the case and the nerf was ultimately pointless and an annoyance at best.

Did you play Khora often before the change? How much have you played her since? 

If it's a noticeable bug it should be fixed. 

I have close to 800h on Khora and it took me less than 2 minutes in a regular mission to realize DE's LoS check was trash. Sometimes enemies stuck in dome against a wall get bugged and are impossible to hit with whpiclaw. Tiny pieces of level geometry totally block a 10m AoE blast. 

In typical DE fashion they just slapped a band-aid on it and called it good. 

Seriously this whiteknighting need to stop how many horses you will need to change to keep it up with praising whatever DE does even if its THAT bad nerf after bad nerf into unannounced nerf on top of nerf to the meta it was abused for in 1st place look no further Ash went from hero to zero and he still can't get proper rework 2 nerfs in scarlet spear none asked for whole ally healing stuff thankfully reverted trinity link nerf on top of previous blessing nerf double whammy to that lobster booty and i'm only talking out of my mind but there sure be more Good changes out there.

5 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Making missions extremely boring is where she ''hurt'' me. Seriously, way too much casualization, even by WF standards. 

Then you should be all aboard getting the LoS replaced with something else, because as it stands nothing you're being "hurt" by has changed. Khora still dominates. I deal the exact same damage, in the exact same range, with the exact same speed as before. All the LoS does is be really goddamned annoying once or twice a minute. And if anything it's only made me whip even harder, because volume of fire makes the crummy LoS mechanics go away.

4 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Making missions extremely boring is where she ''hurt'' me. Seriously, way too much casualization, even by WF standards. 

49 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Nothing changed for you there buddy cambion drift is place where khora change don't affect her that much unlike like normal mission where barrel or small ramp breaks LoS. Also have fun with mag and equinox or ember (that blows your ear drums) players they are just the same. People will just switch to what ever is still left unnerfed you just hurt one frame at the time to anger manage instead make it universal and make bigger riot for this band aid mentality behind these changes.

PS: How's Arcana video L:D rating.

11 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

If you don't like Khora don't play her.

I don't like Trin because she serves no purpose. A year or two ago she was used for eidolons but those days are done. She can pretty much oneshot in index but PT is better credit farm. She's a good leach in ESO and that's about it. 

She's a support frame in a game that has zero content for her to fulfill her roll. I don't want Trin nerfed. DE should buff her in some way to give players a reason to play her or even better release some content where support frames served a purpose. Maybe then support classes wouldn't be hating on dps frames. 

9 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Then you should be all aboard getting the LoS replaced with something else, because as it stands nothing you're being "hurt" by has changed. Khora still dominates. I deal the exact same damage, in the exact same range, with the exact same speed as before. All the LoS does is be really goddamned annoying once or twice a minute. And if anything it's only made me whip even harder, because volume of fire makes the crummy LoS mechanics go away.

I am aware of that. Not the first time I'd quit a mission because of some game-breaking Khora. Not the last. 

Still, good to see some Khora players' slightly salty tears. F that frame. 

29 minutes ago, moonfallen said:

whiteknighting

Ah there it is. The typical "if you don't agree with me you are a white knight" comment. You showed me buddy.

12 minutes ago, moonfallen said:

PS: How's Arcana video L:D rating

Why would that mean anything? No one said that the video got disliked because the khora change.

I actually went through the comments and mostly it was just about the test cluster and such. Very few mentioned khora.

5 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

If you don't like Khora don't play her.

I don't like Trin because she serves no purpose. A year or two ago she was used for eidolons but those days are done. She can pretty much oneshot in index but PT is better credit farm. She's a good leach in ESO and that's about it. 

She's a support frame in a game that has zero content for her to fulfill her roll. I don't want Trin nerfed. DE should buff her in some way to give players a reason to play her or even better release some content where support frames served a purpose. Maybe then support classes wouldn't be hating on dps frames. 

Yeah, I don't play Khora. Of course I don't. There are people out there who like to Sybaris headshot everything they meet. Why would I spoil their fun? I like to headshot everything with Aklex P/Lex P cuz' it's so fing fun, actually. Unless some Khora who doesn't understand that comes along and I have to go to some other room to play the game in a way I enjoy. 

Trin is my main, yeah, and I like playing her a lot. As far as her not having no place in WF... well, I can easily say the same for Khora, Inaros, Saryn and a few other frames. Your point of reference is flawed in that way - it's not something you should be trying to prove.

Other frames I greatly enjoy are Mag and Volt. Neutral Nova is not too bad, as well.  

Just now, JackHargreav said:

That's not how it works. In a public match a khora would put down a dome and you would just stand there doing nothing. You not playing the frame doesn't solve the problem. What kind of reasoning is this?

And now with the changes she's bugged and can't damage those enemies....sometimes. How is that good for the game?

34 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Well that's what I'm kinda pointing at. Khora players are crying because my god she's destroyed but not #*!%ing true.

So yeah do something else. It was shown many times that Los is not a very good way to keep a warframe's power in check. Like Hildryn for example has los on her 2 and 4 and #*!%ing annoying when a slight elevation stops your ability from being effective. Part of the reason why don't play her that much.

Gerade eben schrieb JackHargreav:

That's not how it works. In a public match a khora would put down a dome and you would just stand there doing nothing. You not playing the frame doesn't solve the problem. What kind of reasoning is this?

don't you like reality? live in fantasies!
Do not you have any money? paint your own!

there are strange comments on the internet. unfortunately too often I think that there is wifi even in insane asylums.

and khora is nothing special to me. this "nerf" is completely out of place. especially because you have to farm forever for this warframe!

13 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

And now with the changes she's bugged and can't damage those enemies....sometimes. How is that good for the game?

I didn't say good for the game. I pointed it out already that Los a bad way to control warframes but I already wrote that down. 

But this nerf is as I said an annoyance at best. And it won't stop anyone from using her.

The entire nerf is just blown out of proportions.

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Khora players are crying because my god she's destroyed but not #*!%ing true.

Right, it's called hyperbole and you're supposed to weed that out. It happens every time there's a change to the game. But that doesn't mean the LoS isn't a real problem and it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be reverted or replaced.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

This is barely is a nerf what so ever.

When i first heard nerf to whipclaw I thought damage, range, aoe, or scaling off of rivens got removed but then i heard it can't go through walls and was "oh given how people acting i thought it was a real nerf" not something that only affect kuva addicts

Yeap thx for lumping me with them while i simply enjoyed the way she played that let me complete solo defence missions that was simply dayli check marks unlike playing limbo or frost to cheese them out. Also she was my 1st pick for syndicate mission for double pet loot radar.

3 minutes ago, moonfallen said:

Yeap thx for lumping me with them while i simply enjoyed the way she played that let me complete solo defence missions that was simply dayli check marks unlike playing limbo or frost to cheese the out.

I didn't adress you? Seriously who are you? I was talking about steel essence farmers in their 3 hour survs where they just tap whipclaw. 

7 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Yeah, I don't play Khora. Of course I don't. There are people out there who like to Sybaris headshot everything they meet. Why would I spoil their fun? I like to headshot everything with Aklex P/Lex P cuz' it's so fing fun, actually. Unless some Khora who doesn't understand that comes along and I have to go to some other room to play the game in a way I enjoy. 

Trin is my main, yeah, and I like playing her a lot. As far as her not having no place in WF... well, I can easily say the same for Khora, Inaros, Saryn and a few other frames. Your point of reference is flawed in that way - it's not something you should be trying to prove.

Other frames I greatly enjoy are Mag and Volt. Neutral Nova is not too bad, as well.  

Pub matches at a take what you get kind of situation. You might get some try hard Gauss speeding through mission killing everything, You might get a MR2 running their first relic and have to wait for them to get to extract. You might get that guy that rage quits mid mission because you are stealing all the kills and they can't headshot everything. By entering that mission you accept the fact that you have no control over who you are getting paired with.

I play solo or with friends most the time because i don't want to have to deal with randoms. The only thing I run pub is fissures and I'm only there to crack relics so I'm running Thermal Sunder Titania because there is nothing faster. In and out as quick as possible. If someone wants to take their time and explore the map and pick up ayatan starts they are slowing me down and keeping me from playing the game the way I enjoy. That's the risk I took when I decided to join a pub match though. 

life of rio would be the last thing to use for criticism against DE, he is money first and nothing else click bait titles, 10 min vids to milk that ad revenue and 9:30 minutes of rambling before getting to the point for the last 30 secs. Life of rio is just milking ad revenue from people with confirmation bias 

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

I didn't adress you? Seriously who are you? I was talking about steel essence farmers in their 3 hour survs where they just tap whipclaw. 

Some who need couple of minutes to identify who i deal with to me seems like you are drama seeker my friend. Also rephrase your statement to address whom you talked about in your 1st post.

14 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I didn't say good for the game. I pointed it out already that Los a bad way to control warframes but I already wrote that down. 

But this nerf is as I said an annoyance at best. And it won't stop anyone from using her.

The entire nerf is just blown out of proportions.

I really don't think it is blown out of proportion. I've played her a lot though. There are certain tile sets that I will just never use Khora on ever again because of the changes. She works fine in open areas but the majority of the game isn't a nice open area. 

What gets me is I see people that don't play Khora saying she's fine and still playable. 

I don't play Chroma but I know people were raging when self damage was removed because he couldn't reliably self buff anymore. That sucks. Someone enjoyed the time they spent playing a frame and it no longer functions the way it use to. Why would I chime in and say it's not a big deal I don't even notice because I don't play the frame and it doesn't effect me.

Or even worse why would I be happy that someone's favorite frame gets nerfed. That's not healthy normal human behavior. It's accepted as normal behavior here here though. 

Archived