Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why LOS range nerf on khora?

-Trendy-

21 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

The real question is, "in a game about murdering hordes and hordes of enemies as quickly as possible how can anything WF or weapon ever over perform?" 

Bramma. Easy to get easy to use needs at max 2 forma one shots almost everything. Compare it to anything else. You can't because we don't have such weapons. 

Old Mag, Mesa, saryn and ash. Easy to mod one button tap kills enemies within seconds. Again compare it to other frames.

23 minutes ago, moonfallen said:

Some who need couple of minutes to identify who i deal with to me seems like you are drama seeker my friend. Also rephrase your statement to address whom you talked about in your 1st post.

you're bring post from a different thread that's not even related to this threads topic?  I never addressed you in this thread i still have no idea who you are. Seems like you're the drama seeker here, im here cause i think khora nerf wasn't a big deal and it's being hit with mass overreaction cause of essence farmers.

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

And it tends to suck when used there, too. LoS in Warframe isn't reliable enough to be used like this and it never has been.

perhaps. maybe with raytracing tech LoS could be improved, though I doubt its anywhere on the to do list

8 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Bramma. Easy to get easy to use needs at max 2 forma one shots almost everything. Compare it to anything else. You can't because we don't have such weapons. 

Old Mag, Mesa, saryn and ash. Easy to mod one button tap kills enemies within seconds. Again compare it to other frames.

Everything you listed was doing its job as intended killing the enemies as fast as possible. I am not saying any of those should have been released in the state that they were but the manner that this game is set up to be played in nothing can ever "over perform" and that is something DE needs to take a long hard look at prior to releasing them. Most players with in an hour or so can build out and tell if a weapon is going to just wreck stuff and we have to take the time to put several forma into it, the devs can just click them in and test out them with any mods they want there is no reason for stuff to get out the door only to be like "opps not working as intended".

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

perhaps. maybe with raytracing tech LoS could be improved, though I doubt its anywhere on the to do list

It's an interesting thought, but I don't know if you'd be able to support that on all devices. The problem with the LoS checks has less to do with the accuracy and more to do with how it behaves in practice. For example:

giphy.gif

The explosion originates on the left face of the box and misses the Ancient Disruptor, because the Disruptor is on the right side of the box. LoS is blocked and correctly reported as such. But even though LoS was correctly blocked, it still appears to the player like it should have hit. For a shot taken while flying sideways through the air, I think I landed pretty close to my target. I should have hit. Instead it did nothing and I had to do it again.

No matter how accurate the LoS check is, it can still result in a poor user experience.

53 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Pub matches at a take what you get kind of situation. You might get some try hard Gauss speeding through mission killing everything, You might get a MR2 running their first relic and have to wait for them to get to extract. You might get that guy that rage quits mid mission because you are stealing all the kills and they can't headshot everything. By entering that mission you accept the fact that you have no control over who you are getting paired with.

I play solo or with friends most the time because i don't want to have to deal with randoms. The only thing I run pub is fissures and I'm only there to crack relics so I'm running Thermal Sunder Titania because there is nothing faster. In and out as quick as possible. If someone wants to take their time and explore the map and pick up ayatan starts they are slowing me down and keeping me from playing the game the way I enjoy. That's the risk I took when I decided to join a pub match though. 

Don't really know why you're saying half the stuff you're saying, to be honest... I don't mind randoms as long as they are at least vaguely aware of my existence, which, considering which game we're talking about, happens less than what's reasonably comfortable. 

And I believe a certain line in your post would reveals much concerning that phenomenon. Lower MRs slowing you down, lol. As though you're winning something in WF, dude, get real. 

One of the last enjoyable bits left to do in WF is reviving lower MRs who still haven't gimped themselves to the level of high fantasy boredom the likes of you seem to be endlessly pursuing. Before you even choose to comment on that - I use primarily single target weapons these days, thank you. 

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

I really don't think it is blown out of proportion. I've played her a lot though. There are certain tile sets that I will just never use Khora on ever again because of the changes. She works fine in open areas but the majority of the game isn't a nice open area. 

What gets me is I see people that don't play Khora saying she's fine and still playable. 

I don't play Chroma but I know people were raging when self damage was removed because he couldn't reliably self buff anymore. That sucks. Someone enjoyed the time they spent playing a frame and it no longer functions the way it use to. Why would I chime in and say it's not a big deal I don't even notice because I don't play the frame and it doesn't effect me.

Or even worse why would I be happy that someone's favorite frame gets nerfed. That's not healthy normal human behavior. It's accepted as normal behavior here here though. 

Well I went ahead tried out Khora on different tilesets. And I didn't run into any problems. Granted I'm not aiming at the ground but the enemy instead.

I'm not saying that's what YOU're doing but I usually see khoras slamming the ground rather than the enemy so... No I don't see what is so problematic here. As I said it's almost like nothing. The only time I saw an enemy survive a whiplash is when it was standing behind cover or when I missed my shot and I slashed behind the enemy.

19 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

And that's why you see all those Khoras aiming at the ground.

Well out of the hundreds of castings there were a few slashes that didn't land exactly on the enemy. 

And in this case I didn't even use the other abilities. Strangle dome will deal damage to all enemies that are chained and ensnare will boost the ever living out of your damage output. So git gud or whatever I guess.

Khora is still fine. I'm not saying that the los is good but it's really really blown out of proportion. It's comically blown out of proportion I would say.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Khora is still fine. I'm not saying that the los is good but it's really really blown out of proportion. It's comically blown out of proportion I would say.

Sure. But it's definitely not nothing. These are all from the same game:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And that's not all of them from that game, those are just the clear ones I bothered to pull out for my bug report.

Some people are exaggerating the impact of the LoS, sure, but you're being overly dismissive. None of the examples I have shown are "fine". It's broken.

18 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Some people are exaggerating the impact of the LoS, sure, but you're being overly dismissive. None of the examples I have shown are "fine". It's broken

Well some of those examples are not exactly convincing. But yeah you can run into problems sometimes. 

Anyways since there's a pretty loud crowd I doubt de will keep the changes.

Did they even address this or they are all silent about it?

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Well some of those examples are not exactly convincing.

The enemies are touched* by the shockwave every time and the actual hit range is double that. It's got a 10m radius, none of those should have been missed shots and before the LoS they wouldn't have been.

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Did they even address this or they are all silent about it?

I've heard nothing so far. Granted I don't watch streams unless it's a devstream, but no forum posts or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I've heard nothing so far. Granted I don't watch streams unless it's a devstream, but no forum posts or anything like that

Hmm. Is it true that the patchnotes didn't mention the changes?

Because I can easily imagine this being something unintended. Or I should say "unintended".

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Hmm. Is it true that the patchnotes didn't mention the changes?

Because I can easily imagine this being something unintended. Or I should say "unintended".

The mention it in a one-liner, the change was intended. They didn't explain why they made the change and haven't yet acknowledged complaints. You might be seeing comments about the change not being in the PTC patchnotes, as it was added after the test cluster weekend had ended. DE made the change after open testing for that patch had concluded, which got people (probably rightly) upset.

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

The mention it in a one-liner, the change was intended. They didn't explain why they made the change and haven't yet acknowledged complaints. You might be seeing comments about the change not being in the PTC patchnotes, as it was added after the test cluster weekend had ended. DE made the change after open testing for that patch had concluded, which got people (probably rightly) upset.

Well that's weird.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb PublikDomain:

yeah, that's really weird. because technology doesn't work as intended either. and this LOS mechanics has to be revised first.
besides, khora is still extremely difficult to get and many, like me, probably bought it with plat and invested a lot of forma etc. so actually it's epic fail. the same with bramma. bow is a joke now. 🤔
I've been playing since 2013 and that doesn't really interest me. only i can understand very well that new players with overpriced mele riven are very angry and demotivated.

16 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

If they change stuff because of us then that means they listen to feedback then.

They listen to the numbers of players leaving and the comment section loaded with constant complaints.  It's why they issued an apology after Liches and Railjack released in the state they did.  You guys can make excuses for them, or believe the excuses they put out about how "people like me" forced them to release all these things in awful states (if they could actually balance a game, they wouldn't have to worry about that, now would they?) if you want to.  That's not what listening looks like, that's what being forced into doing the right things looks like.  Listening to feedback would mean univac was in the game, and basic QOL wasn't locked behind mods.  It would mean that necramech mod drop chances weren't closer to 0% than 1%.  It would mean fixing and reworking the actual game and all the myriad of broken parts instead of stacking yet another open world full of grind on us.  They listen to feedback?  Their response to feedback about the Latrox bounty was to make it worse.  Being forced into doing the things your players want because they're taking a dump all over your game all over the internet or just flat out quitting isn't listening.  Because if they had listened, they wouldn't be forced into anything and there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

They listen to the numbers of players leaving and the comment section loaded with constant complaints.  It's why they issued an apology after Liches and Railjack released in the state they did.  You guys can make excuses for them, or believe the excuses they put out about how "people like me" forced them to release all these things in awful states (if they could actually balance a game, they wouldn't have to worry about that, now would they?) if you want to.  That's not what listening looks like, that's what being forced into doing the right things looks like.  Listening to feedback would mean univac was in the game, and basic QOL wasn't locked behind mods.  It would mean that necramech mod drop chances weren't closer to 0% than 1%.  It would mean fixing and reworking the actual game and all the myriad of broken parts instead of stacking yet another open world full of grind on us.  They listen to feedback?  Their response to feedback about the Latrox bounty was to make it worse.  Being forced into doing the things your players want because they're taking a dump all over your game all over the internet or just flat out quitting isn't listening.  Because if they had listened, they wouldn't be forced into anything and there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

As I said you can come up with some made up reasons to discredit them. But they listen and that's it.

Not always, yes. But they listen. Just because you have an agenda against them it doesn't mean they should be discredited.

I mean S#&$, you talk like De is EA or Blizzard who don't give a zero #*!% ever about their players while that's not true.

16 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

yeah, that's really weird. because technology doesn't work as intended either. and this LOS mechanics has to be revised first.
besides, khora is still extremely difficult to get and many, like me, probably bought it with plat and invested a lot of forma etc. so actually it's epic fail. the same with bramma. bow is a joke now. 🤔
I've been playing since 2013 and that doesn't really interest me. only i can understand very well that new players with overpriced mele riven are very angry and demotivated.

The Bramma with max rank forma+ and the right mods isn't a joke. I just used it in a 2 hour steel path. The things that people say are nerfed into the ground usually aren't. They just had lazy or bad builds.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

The Bramma with max rank forma+ and the right mods isn't a joke. I just used it in a 2 hour steel path. The things that people say are nerfed into the ground usually aren't. They just had lazy or bad builds.

and that's why I immediately ask about the build etc. because everybody can say a lot. and fairy tales don't interest me.
your move.

Archived