Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why LOS range nerf on khora?

-Trendy-

46 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

and that's why I immediately ask about the build etc. because everybody can say a lot. and fairy tales don't interest me.
your move.

They usually involve primed faction damage mods, and your basic mods that go in every weapon. That's serration, point strike, vital sense etc. Then you have your choice of element depending on the faction you're fighting (edit like Primed cryo). It's not rocket science. 

On 2020-12-04 at 9:18 PM, PublikDomain said:

It's an interesting thought, but I don't know if you'd be able to support that on all devices. The problem with the LoS checks has less to do with the accuracy and more to do with how it behaves in practice. For example:

giphy.gif

The explosion originates on the left face of the box and misses the Ancient Disruptor, because the Disruptor is on the right side of the box. LoS is blocked and correctly reported as such. But even though LoS was correctly blocked, it still appears to the player like it should have hit. For a shot taken while flying sideways through the air, I think I landed pretty close to my target. I should have hit. Instead it did nothing and I had to do it again.

No matter how accurate the LoS check is, it can still result in a poor user experience.

i mean .. even before the LoS change , without flipping in air and some box blocking the whipclaw or something no no no , i have tested multiple times in simulacrum that half the time legit it doesnt hit in front of the enemy , i dont know whats the situation now but it just appears funny at best to me that they ever touched whipclaw without fixing an old and annoying bug , could take a screenshot but im sure its a known thing and i have no warframe left in me to even go to simulacrum rn lol.

Edit : before you piss yourselves off , yes i know that whipclaw guaranteedly works if you pair it with her 2 or 4 or 2 and 4 together , im talking about single and isolated usage of whipclaw . 

29 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

i mean .. even before the LoS change , without flipping in air and some box blocking the whipclaw or something no no no , i have tested multiple times in simulacrum that half the time legit it doesnt hit in front of the enemy , i dont know whats the situation now but it just appears funny at best to me that they ever touched whipclaw without fixing an old and annoying bug , could take a screenshot but im sure its a known thing and i have no warframe left in me to even go to simulacrum rn lol.

Edit : before you piss yourselves off , yes i know that whipclaw guaranteedly works if you pair it with her 2 or 4 or 2 and 4 together , im talking about single and isolated usage of whipclaw . 

I've seen this claim about this "old and annoying bug" around multiple times, but after 875,000+ kills spanning 2+ years of play I've literally never seen this happen. Whipclaw had absolutely no problem hitting everything in its path regardless of terrain or level geometry. And yes, I mean with "single and isolated usage of whipclaw". That's exactly how I've always used her and I've never had this happen.

31 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I've seen this claim about this "old and annoying bug" around multiple times, but after 875,000+ kills spanning 2+ years of play I've literally never seen this happen. Whipclaw had absolutely no problem hitting everything in its path regardless of terrain or level geometry. And yes, I mean with "single and isolated usage of whipclaw". That's exactly how I've always used her and I've never had this happen.

After reading your reply , i did some testing and weirdly enough it worked consistantly with no issues .. seems like they totally fixed it , but i trust on my memory that half the time it didnt 'used to' hit the enmy on front , but i guess thats irrelevant now since it just works now.  

17 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

After reading your reply , i did some testing and weirdly enough it worked consistantly with no issues .. seems like they totally fixed it , but i trust on my memory that half the time it didnt 'used to' hit the enmy on front , but i guess thats irrelevant now since it just works now.  

What's the timeframe for this? I know before she had range scaling added to Whipclaw that it could be tough to hit enemies, but that's pretty ancient news. Is it a host/client thing? Latency? Genuinely curious, because I've seen this mentioned a lot here and there and it's a totally foreign experience for me.

29 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

What's the timeframe for this? I know before she had range scaling added to Whipclaw that it could be tough to hit enemies, but that's pretty ancient news. Is it a host/client thing? Latency? Genuinely curious, because I've seen this mentioned a lot here and there and it's a totally foreign experience for me.

for the timeframe ? well ive been using khora for 3-3.5 months since thats the time i was lucky with the parts , personally have no idea about before that timeframe , guessably thats been a longer issue .

Archived