Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm curious

(NSW)Waaaaaaluigi420

Hi guys I'm kinda curious about the community s opinion on something so I'm just gonna ask.  Do you think the ban for people who say stuff like the word that starts with an n but with b's instead and other type of words like that should be lowered from 15 years or do you guys think its fine how it is right now? Thanks in advance and this is a neutral question all opinions are fine with me. 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Waaaaaaluigi420 said:

Hi guys I'm kinda curious about the community s opinion on something so I'm just gonna ask.  Do you think the ban for people who say stuff like the word that starts with an n but with b's instead and other type of words like that should be lowered from 15 years or do you guys think its fine how it is right now? Thanks in advance and this is a neutral question all opinions are fine with me. 

Being black I think you should be banned for life for saying those things.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Waaaaaaluigi420 said:

Just because you change some letters doesn’t make it ok. Also don’t make thread bringing up the same topic because your other one got locked. It’s a good way to get warning points/ banned on the forums. Also considering the other thread you made now we know why you got banned. What you said isn’t a curse: It’s a racial slur, which as per the user agreement racial slurs and harassment is subject to the zero tolerance policy and therefor a ban. Curse words or forbidden phrases just get you a week suspension that can be resolved with support. However this isn’t something that’s just gonna go away that easily.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Waaaaaaluigi420 said:

Do you think the ban for people who say stuff like the word that starts with an n but with b's instead and other type of words like that should be lowered from 15 years or do you guys think its fine how it is right now?

I fully support banning for 15 years the people who use the n-word, the b-word, the f-word, who make jokes about something that might remind you of Admiral Ackbar, and... well, I forget, but there's loads of stupid jokes out there.

Yup. All of them banned until 2034, as far as I am concerned.

Just now, (NSW)Waaaaaaluigi420 said:

Oh my other one wasn't blocked because of this it was a different question. Its just that I've never talked to the whole community before and I'd like to know the does and don't as well as the most popular opinions 

I doesn’t matter if it s a different question, it’s ultimately the same topic: your ban for using a slur.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Just because you change some letters doesn’t make it ok. Also don’t make thread bringing up the same topic because your other one got locked. It’s a good way to get warning points/ banned on the forums

Oh it was a different question that I asked in the other topic. It involved how to get in touch with developers. 

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

I fully support banning for 15 years the people who use the n-word, the b-word, the f-word, who make jokes about something that might remind you of Admiral Ackbar, and... well, I forget, but there's loads of stupid jokes out there.

Ok the f word and b word aren’t as bad that tolotrable as it is more of an insult. However the other two (nice rhyme censor) I definitely agree should be 15 years

Just now, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Ok the f word and b word aren’t as bad that tolotrable as it is more of an insult

I agree they are not that bad. The n-word, as far as I am concerned, is the absolute worse.

But I have very little patience for those other words as well.

Just now, (NSW)Waaaaaaluigi420 said:

I mean being banned for saying S#&$ seems a bit excessive but to everyone their own opinion. 

Well I’ll never know what that word is so I’ll have to assume it’s something worth getting banned for. Also DE has a zero tolerance chat policy for reasons that although not everyone means harmful intent or just using it in a conversation, there are people who may take advantage of something like changing a few letter to use it to be derogatory and as a result DE cracks down on it and will make work arounds on a case to case basis. They have chat logs in order to see what exactly happened and will decide how to handle it on their own. If they deem what you did to be not harmful they will probably unban you. However if not then suffer.

I might sound a bit controversial, but if a slur/curse/taboo word is used in the appropriate context, like having a civilized discussion on the matter (like now), I think its fine.

Also comedy, for me, gets a free pass. As its always should. I believe, in my (non-expert) opinion, that it is a fundamental right of freedom of speech.

Then again, i'm no expert on the matter, but at the end of the day, all that matters to me is to not be "$&*^s" to each other.

As Vash the Stampede form Trigun used to say, "LOVE AND PEACE!" :-)

Archived