Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I could use some advice about killing higher level enemies.

JVargo

Question

I left prior to the melee changes. Been back for a couple days now and I'm really enjoying things so far. However I'm really struggling with anything on the higher end of things such as trying to crack these Requiem Relics in the Kuva Fortress or doing rank 4/5 bounties. I feel like I used to be way better than this. I definitely remember soloing the eidolon, and even sorties on occasion if I liked the mission setup. I think my real problem is my best guns (Tiberon P. and Pyrana P.) don't feel anywhere near as powerful as I remember them being. I'm not saying they don't kill, they totally do. It's just taking way more rounds per enemy than I think it should, and thus more time for me to get blasted by everyone else. It's not unusual for me to even get downed once or twice, or fail to protect an objective because I can't kill everything fast enough. What's the best setup for soloing Requiem Fissures?

Edit: I figured out why my guns feel weaker. I'd kept links to builds on Warframe Builder where I'd worked out some ridiculous dps for them based on my rivens. So I have a record of what they were at during that time. Those rivens got nerfed, hard. They're giving roughly half the damage boost they used to. 

9 answers to this question

Using corrosive as element damage? That still works fine, but heat now takes off 50% armor while active so is more commonly used now (if you can fit it) with viral and slash. 

I don’t know those 2 guns base damage output off top of head, but maybe look thru your Arsenal for slash based weapons. 

Don’t forget about the simulation room fir testing

As for protecting things there are a lot of options. Even operator focus and arcane choice. It is hard to suggest a frame to use instead since idk what you have. 

Tiberon Prime and Pyrana Prime?

For Tiberon Prime take 60 60 cold and toxin to make viral. Take another 6060 heat mod. The rest is serration, crit change, crit damage, split chamber and hunter munitions. If you don't like using viral and killing enemies with DoT, then I guess you could take corrosive instead.

I don't have experience with the pyrana prime, but if its a crit based weapon, take corrosive + heat or viral + heat and crit mods

For melee, anything with viral + slash.

Viral is currently the meta because nothing else scales better in high levels.

Using a Kuva Nukor modded for substantial Radiation and Viral damage, plus any damage enhancing Warframes modded with high strength and survival (e.g. Chroma Prime), are appropriate choices in taking down stronger enemies in the long run. Primaries like Corinth Prime are also viable in clearing larger clusters of enemies with its secondary, provided that prior power boosts makes it easier to accomplish. 

You can try using these builds as a template (the Umbral Mods/Polarities are optional):

Chroma

Kuva Nukor

2 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

Using corrosive as element damage? That still works fine, but heat now takes off 50% armor while active so is more commonly used now (if you can fit it) with viral and slash. 

I don’t know those 2 guns base damage output off top of head, but maybe look thru your Arsenal for slash based weapons. 

Don’t forget about the simulation room fir testing

As for protecting things there are a lot of options. Even operator focus and arcane choice. It is hard to suggest a frame to use instead since idk what you have. 

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Tiberon Prime and Pyrana Prime?

For Tiberon Prime take 60 60 cold and toxin to make viral. Take another 6060 heat mod. The rest is serration, crit change, crit damage, split chamber and hunter munitions. If you don't like using viral and killing enemies with DoT, then I guess you could take corrosive instead.

I don't have experience with the pyrana prime, but if its a crit based weapon, take corrosive + heat or viral + heat and crit mods

For melee, anything with viral + slash.

Viral is currently the meta because nothing else scales better in high levels.

The two of you definitely have me giving some thought to heat now. I just need to figure out where to fit it since my builds on both guns were set to swap between corrosive/viral depending on need, then rivens, damage and multi, crit, and then slash either through the weapon or hunter munitions depending on the weapon's slash value. I'll spend some time redoing things on a build site and see if I can push higher with heat. Also btw I edited it up top to mention this but the reason my guns feel weaker than I remember is because the riven disposition was dropped. They now offer about half the bonus they did when I originally put builds together for them. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Glaive-012 said:

Using a Kuva Nukor modded for substantial Radiation and Viral damage, plus any damage enhancing Warframes modded with high strength and survival (e.g. Chroma Prime), are appropriate choices in taking down stronger enemies in the long run. Primaries like Corinth Prime are also viable in clearing larger clusters of enemies with its secondary, provided that prior power boosts makes it easier to accomplish. 

You can try using these builds as a template (the Umbral Mods/Polarities are optional):

Chroma

Kuva Nukor

Edit: Bad news, looks like Chroma was vaulted. Which is a double bummer because I also have a rubico riven and was going to get one of those too.

They definitely both look appealing. I've got no issues farming up primes right now. I mean I know it takes time but I have time. However the Kuva Nukor would need to wait a bit because that's the content I'm currently struggling to get up to. Although when I do get my current Lich beaten he at least has a Kohm, which I hear is also good. So that's a plus. Anyway though I'm totally down for farming for Chroma. I haven't really looked into what people like about him but I know he's been used both as tank and as an eidolon killer. Mind if I ask what makes him stand out from the other defensive options for you?

Best focus on the frame you use to boost your effectiveness for a specific objective.  No need for prime frames, regular ones can pretty much dominate rank 5 Lich owned nodes.

You mentioned soloing eidolons before, was it tricap or just teralyst?  How much useful focus school have you unlocked and arcanes have you gathered?  If you want to solo without using any items at all, it'l depend on your previous eidolon hunt spoils.

If you really want to solo rank 5 lich level kind of content, maybe have a look at my tried and used setup for no forma/reactor frames.  Be aware that you must have protective dash at max though(i thnk 400k focus or 3 runs of tricaps).

Mag with stretch, streamline, flow and intensify, remaining slots is up to you.  I've solo killed rank 5 liches with Skiajati and broken war with this set up.

Nekros with despoil and equilibrium(what ever rank you can make/afford), and your preferential survival mods for the other slots.  This is good for defending something and general purpose.

1 hour ago, (PSN)FISSIONoMAILED said:

Best focus on the frame you use to boost your effectiveness for a specific objective.  No need for prime frames, regular ones can pretty much dominate rank 5 Lich owned nodes.

You mentioned soloing eidolons before, was it tricap or just teralyst?  How much useful focus school have you unlocked and arcanes have you gathered?  If you want to solo without using any items at all, it'l depend on your previous eidolon hunt spoils.

If you really want to solo rank 5 lich level kind of content, maybe have a look at my tried and used setup for no forma/reactor frames.  Be aware that you must have protective dash at max though(i thnk 400k focus or 3 runs of tricaps).

Mag with stretch, streamline, flow and intensify, remaining slots is up to you.  I've solo killed rank 5 liches with Skiajati and broken war with this set up.

Nekros with despoil and equilibrium(what ever rank you can make/afford), and your preferential survival mods for the other slots.  This is good for defending something and general purpose.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on what things are called sometimes, but it was the weakest eidolon. I think I may have capped it once but I seem to recall that was an awful lot of trouble solo. I pretty much just killed it, like 20 times or something using Trinity with a Lanka. Edit: Maybe I'm wrong, was using 2 balloon robot things a capture? I used them every time so maybe they weren't kills even though he vanishes after being shot in face repeatedly.

My focus tree is kind of a mess. During focus 1.0 the game suggested Unairu, but I quickly switched to Naramon until I had that melee invisibility, the Zenurik until I had the energy stuff I wanted. When 2.0 hit I jumped right into Madurai, but when I got around to actually doing the eidolon I went heavy on Vazarin. So far I have the 2 waybounds from Vazarin and the run speed from Naramon unlocked, and main Vazarin for the heal on dash.

Truthfully I haven't made much progress at all now that melee channeling is gone because the only time I came close to daily cap was through Sanctuary Onslaught. I used to use a Warcry Valkyr with a crit slash zaw and just tap the channel button for lifestrike whenever I lost any health. Now that I need to heavy attack to lifestrike I usually get killed trying to do that build, and even when it works I'm burning combos and thus dropping my crit from blood rush.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to slow me down though, the Vazarin passives along with the operator arcanes for health and armor from the Quills seem to get the job done. As for warframe arcanes, I don't have anything worth writing home about. Just some resistances to elements, shotgun fire rate boosts, and I think maybe sniper fire rate too.

I had no idea Nekros was useful for defense. I haven't touched the poor guy in a very long time, but he is already set up for despoil. I'll have to look into this, you've got me interested. And the wiki says equilibrium comes from Lephantis, who I also haven't seen in years. I wonder if they changed that fight? If not it should be a very easy farm. I don't mean to imply I'm not also willing to check out Mag again, it's just that I actually got some use out of her back in the old days. Nekros basically sat in mothballs unless I ran low on polymer bundles. 

Now the meta is slash and viral (+ heat if you wanna go even further).
ips no longer has x4 priority, status can go above 100% and that's...about everything in terms of relevant changes
Now higher level enemies are much easier to beat then before(even if you use the old corrosive meta), so I don't know why you have problems.

try 1h nikanas with blind justice its combo is 360 degree aoe and also has 100% slash procs you dont even need status mods also has insane mobility and knowing how DE is lazy to rebalance stances you are safe to abuse it.

also check bullet dance STROPHA on heavy attack build with either radiation or corrosive if u prefer being slow and steady.

Archived