Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does it take to 'complete' orb vallis?

SaucyTuckermax

Trying to unlock the last few things in my star chart. I've been to orb vallis but have only done the very first mission and now it wants to send me back out to do something else. I would just play it however my rig struggles so hard with ANY of the free roam maps that it's not even fun to play. I'm just trying to do the bare minimum that it takes to 'complete' orb vallis so it satisfies my star chart and i can start doing arbitrations.

So how much more exactly is that? I literally have about as much interest in the free roam missions as i do archwing missions which anyone that knows me would tell you that means exactly none. anyway maybe @DE should also remove the free roam missions from the star chart completion/ arbitration requirements since It literally just about crashes my PC when playing and I can't be the only one.

16 minutes ago, SaucyTuckermax said:

I've been to orb vallis but have only done the very first mission and now it wants to send me back out to do something else. I would just play it however my rig struggles so hard with ANY of the free roam maps that it's not even fun to play. I'm just trying to do the bare minimum that it takes to 'complete' orb vallis so it satisfies my star chart and i can start doing arbitrations.

By that bolded point, it sounds like you haven't finished the introductory Vox Solaris quest yet. To complete a free-roam node you need to finish any actual bounty, which for the Orb Vallis and Cambion Drift also require the completion of their respective intro quests before bounties are available.

From what I recall, you have to complete a bounty in the Plains of Eidolon to even trigger the Saya's Vigil quest to show, so that node is completed sooner than the other two open areas.

Can sympathise with you having problems in those areas (and yet somehow they're still better than the standard Earth tileset) as I get various problems there myself nowadays, with overheat throttling and such. I assume you've gone through all the steps for minimising settings, including capping your FPS down? 

10 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

By that bolded point, it sounds like you haven't finished the introductory Vox Solaris quest yet. To complete a free-roam node you need to finish any actual bounty.

First off thank you for your response and I think it is likely that I'm just still on the introductory part. I did something and found caches, then went back to fortuna and it did the mission complete screen but now its sending me back out to do something else. {facepalm}

Anyway yes my settings are all turned way down and my rig still can barely hang. Too be fair to DE's my rig is old however any of the standard sandbox maps it plays just fine, it's really only the free roam maps and occasionally on earth missions ill get some awful FPS. Anyway guess I'm back to the Vallis :)

Archived