(Lore Questions) How are the Entrati even alive and why are they okay with Tenno being around?

How are the Entrati alive if they got assimilated by the infested? Does the infested not consume any living thing it touches like the regular enemies that we find among the infested? I get why Salad V wasn't fully assimilated because he was more valuable to the infested alive rather than as extra biomass, but if that's the case what value to the Entrati have to the infested? Surely once the son allowed the infestation to spread and get out of control he would have out lived his usefulness and been consumed by the infested along with all life on the planet.

Another thing is why are the Entrati cool with Tenno running around? The Tenno carried out a system wide genocide of the Orokin, so why are they not even remotely concerned about a disembodied armored death machine with space powers rolling up to their door? Sure they may be a dysfunctional family, but you'd think if a terminator that tried to end their species just showed up they'd all be on the same page of not wanting anything to do with it.

Maybe I'm missing something and it all makes sense, but I just don't understand how this scenario even came to be. Going off what we know the Entrati wouldn't even be alive by the time we arrive, let alone the animals that we find on the planet. The infested consume all life and assimilate the body and consciousness of its victims, so how is their even still life on Deimos? I could see small holdouts of survivors that aren't infested like we saw in the Nidus questline, but they weren't already assimilated.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The Son mentioned that he was getting married during right before the empire's collapse. But then the Tenno came along and ruined everything. But he moved on from that because it was "a life time ago".

Has wedding ruined by an ongoing genocide* "Nah man we're cool now", that's VERY generous lmao.

Edited by --Councilor_Vay_Hek--
  • Like 11
Just now, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Has wedding ruined by an ongoing genocide* "Nah man we're cool now". That's VERY generous lmao.

Sometimes, you just have to move on. Also infested influence on them also messed up their memory. They even forgot their real names.

• Like 9

"Aww... that's kind of sweet. But look at us. We are beyond help. The disease vectors are too complex, changing faster than I can study them. We can only prolong the inevitable. Look, if you help me get back some of what my brother shredded, I'd be happy to return the favor. Deal?"

They can keep themselves okay using... Something.

• Like 12
Just now, DrivaMain said:

Sometimes, you just have to move on. Also infested influence on them also messed up their memory. They even forgot their real names.

Still it doesn't make sense how they got off as lightly as they did by the infested. Just some amnesia and not having both body and mind consumed and assimilateed like everything else that has touched the infested prior to Deimos being released doesn't make much sense. Assuming the infested Ancients are Orokin that only furthers how impossible it is that they are alive. The only way it would make sense is if they had something of significant value that the infestation could not do or take on it's own without them; like Salad V he offered augments which granted the infested the ability to assimilate robotics and likely the promise of further developments which is why he was only partially consumed.

I suspect that they are not the part of the various atrocity Orokin Empire have committed, thus they are not in our list in the first place. Not all Orokin are evil bastards, as you know. Our mother, who was murdered by foul Orokins, is an Orokin as well.

• Like 13
3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

"Aww... that's kind of sweet. But look at us. We are beyond help. The disease vectors are too complex, changing faster than I can study them. We can only prolong the inevitable. Look, if you help me get back some of what my brother shredded, I'd be happy to return the favor. Deal?"

They can keep themselves okay using... Something.

This I missed. Although they must've been fairly quick or had something on standby as I doubt there would've been enough time to develop something while being ensnared by the infestation. Maybe Deimos was like some bug out bunker during the Orokin genocide and they had something tucked away for such an occasion?

I think it is because of the strain. This is a different variation of the normal infestation. And as to why they let the tenno in, I guess either a leap of faith or they just dont remember the tenno betrayal right away. And with the way the WF story is set up, everything that happens only happens to a single tenno, so there really is just one tenno that interacts with the Entrati and somehow they trust that one tenno, possibly to the extent of letting him/her show other tenno where the entrati reside.

4 minutes ago, killerJoke66 said:

also did the infested bloated them so they appear bigger than normal orokin ? but then why it didnt bloated alad v ..

By far Salad V got it the lightest, he only had that mark on his face and that's it if I recall correctly. Judging by the infested Grineer, Corpus and Ancient that make up Lephantis and the Plague Star boss I guess the infestation sometimes increases the scale of its victims depending on available biomass. Maybe the difference is the infestation was not trying to assimilate Salad V fully, while it is actively trying to with the Entrati.

• Like 1

It is also possible that they are technically dead already.

Also, since Necralisk is a 'city' attached to an open world, like as Cetus and Fortuna, I don't think that only one Tenno was welcomed. Each of us are the only person to play the first quest, perhaps, but the others are allowed to enter the city somehow.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Personally if an unstoppable godlike killing machine dropped in to say hi on my planet and then opted to help me instead of destroying me down to my every last cell, I would welcome them too.

Fair point, but in our circumstance we have a very rocky history, crashing weddings and slaughtering everyone to be specific. If I recall correctly we also show up unannounced, so they'd have no idea what our intentions are for all they knew we could've been coming to finish the job.

typo
1 minute ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Fair point, but in our circumstance we have a very rocky history, crashing weddings and slaughtering everyone to be specific. If I recall correctly we also show up unannounced, so they'd have no idea what our intentions are for all they knew we could've been coming to finish the job.

I feel like they are powerless to stop us either way and have to simply hope that our intentions are benign.

5 minutes ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

That servo skull...I mean, Loid; invited us...I think.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I feel like they are powerless to stop us either way and have to simply hope that our intentions are benign.

That may be so, but you'd think they'd show more concern instead of continuing to quarrel with each other they could've been mustering a cautionary defense with the local Necramechs in case the Tenno's intent is to carry out an extermination run.

40 минут назад, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- сказал:

Still it doesn't make sense how they got off as lightly as they did by the infested. Just some amnesia and not having both body and mind consumed and assimilateed like everything else that has touched the infested prior to Deimos being released doesn't make much sense. Assuming the infested Ancients are Orokin that only furthers how impossible it is that they are alive. The only way it would make sense is if they had something of significant value that the infestation could not do or take on it's own without them; like Salad V he offered augments which granted the infested the ability to assimilate robotics and likely the promise of further developments which is why he was only partially consumed.

But they are consumed though. They are, quite literally, part of Infestation now. They even complain about hearing the hivemind at some point. What they did manage to keep was their personalities, at least partially. 

4 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

But they are consumed though. They are, quite literally, part of Infestation now. They even complain about hearing the hivemind at some point. What they did manage to keep was their personalities, at least partially. 

What I was confused about was that while yes they are infested the infested always consume both body and mind rendering its victims mindless twisted globs of zombie flesh. The Entrati appeared to have miraculously survived with only amnesia although as someone mentioned above they're using something to stave off the infestions grasp on them, but it seems that whatever it is will only work for so long before the infestion eventually consumes them regardless.

30 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Personally if an unstoppable godlike killing machine dropped in to say hi on my planet and then opted to help me instead of destroying me down to my every last cell, I would welcome them too.

I wish we didn't lose 'haha' reaction.

And it makes sense.

• Like 5
11 минут назад, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- сказал:

What I was confused about was that while yes they are infested the infested always consume both body and mind rendering its victims mindless twisted globs of zombie flesh. The Entrati appeared to have miraculously survived with only amnesia although as someone mentioned above they're using something to stave off the infestions grasp on them, but it seems that whatever it is will only work for so long before the infestion eventually consumes them regardless.

Well, it's complicated. We've never seen a true Orokin consumed by Infestation before - only regular humans and archimedeans.

See, there's that thing called "oro". A soul, basically. It's whatever the #*!% is keeping Orokin and, presumably, Liches immortal. Supposedly, Tenno have it too, and we have at least one example of infested hivemind being explicitly afraid of Tenno. Helminth doesn't call you void demon for nothing.

That "oro" is what Orokin transfer around when they change bodies. Transferable mind, able to replace original personality of body completely - that's definitely something more resilient than regular human mind. I assume that's why Entrati's minds at least partially survived for so long. Another example of this "mind resilience" could be Nihil - notice a difference between him and how most cephalons behave.

Or maybe it's all just a big #*!%up of DE's writers. Who knows.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Has wedding ruined by an ongoing genocide* "Nah man we're cool now", that's VERY generous lmao.

well the time span is unclear. but i think warframe takes place a few thousand years after the fall of the orokin. plus they have lost parts of themselves due to the infestation.