Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neutral Nova Exists

(PSN)DrGrib

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Perhaps you should continue reading the thread where I covered it all then.

Kind of weird to not cover it in your original post

edit: and I am speaking about how to level mastery faster than helene/hydron

On 2020-12-04 at 2:32 PM, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

This is a really good point OP. It's why I don't use Nova, if I opt for the safe logical route defense takes forever and if I opt for speed I eventually will end up needing to stop using my 4 because it's too dangerous for the pod. I'll definitely take this into consideration for a future build.

With Helminth you can do both speed & slow version (not extreme afair).

On 2020-12-04 at 1:25 PM, (PSN)DrGrib said:

This will not be news to most people here but I've encountered a few people on Hydron and Helene accusing me of using a Slowva because I'm not using a Speedva. The current Google results for neutral Nova don't seem great to me, so I thought I would make a dedicated post.

It is possible to make a neutral Nova. That is, a Nova with 70% power strength that results in a Slow 0% value for Molecular Prime. Most builds I see use Nova Prime, which is currently vaulted and not easy to access for new players. So here is the basic, no forma build I use:
https://overframe.gg/build/109958/

The key is a fully ranked Overextended (which brings power strength down to 40% and Slow down to -30%) plus a fully ranked Intensify (which brings power strength back up to 70% and Slow up to 0%).

Why not just use Speedva? Sometimes Speedva makes the enemies too dangerous in later rounds of Hydron and Helene, especially for squishy frames. I'm talking about Heavy Gunners, Hyekka Masters and their Kavats, and of course Nox. You don't want those enemies sped up if you have a squishy frame. I have seen Speedvas get squishy frames who could have survived normal speed enemies killed (and ironically killed my own Speedva).

Why use Molecular Prime at all if you aren't going to change the speed? This is probably obvious but in case it isn't: it makes the enemies weaker and makes them explode. Which is very useful, especially if you or your teammates are leveling a weak weapon as many people on Hydron and Helene are.

I would vehemently advise against using this build.

First, Why Neutral when either Speedva or Slowva are better in every use case possible. Need to fight tough enemies in normal missions, go for Slowva, need to do defense, or farm in survival, go speedva. Neutral gives nothing but a bit of extra damage, which can be better obtained elsewhere.

Not only that, but overextended MAKES YOU SQUISHY! Unlike what OP claims. Because #1 skill gives up to 90% DR, but that won't happen if your stars keep getting yeeted because of the extended range from Overextended.  What you want is negative speed and a ton of duration on ALL nova builds, and then work out the rest of the stuff for speed or slow.

Basically, no pros, only cons.

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

With Helminth you can do both speed & slow version (not extreme afair).

Start with speed, and use Empower to get the slow effect? That's not a bad idea, but it won't be that slow, will it?
I should try this out.

4 hours ago, -Trendy- said:

Kind of weird to not cover it in your original post

edit: and I am speaking about how to level mastery faster than helene/hydron

Not really considering it's not really on topic. I covered it when asked to elaborate. Besides most new players won't use those methods because they can't afk doing it and have to actually play the game. But they'll become a better player if they do.

27 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Start with speed, and use Empower to get the slow effect? That's not a bad idea, but it won't be that slow, will it?

Yeah, it's only 50% ability strength but I guess it's nice to have both novas. And I guess you can go from/to something in the middle (like mentioned 70% strength).

Archived