Jump to content

Fulmination and Firestorm should be exilus mods


xXMadneXDXx

Recommended Posts

These utility mods not being exilus viable make up to a difficult choice when modding because of the decision of removing a DPS mod for the use of the extra AoE. We really want to use these mods, specially its new primed variants but we probably won't... simply because it may ruin our already tight build. Make fulmination and firestorm exilus viable please...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's fair to trade damage for AoE radius. You're reducing up-front damage in favor of applying that damage to more enemies, which increases practical dps because you can attack more enemies at once and thus may need to fire fewer shots to clear out a group.

God forbid we have some build variety and choices to make in this game, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb Traumtulpe:

The primed versions are very strong actually. Damage falloff is a thing.

Smart person.

People also forget that the Furax Amalgam mod is already a thing. With the new Primed mods we're looking at 86% more blast radius on a few primaries and 66% on secondaries and other primaries. This increases the AoE damage or rather the zones before the damage falls off since falloff is %based. People complained about the Bramma clearing trash and it got nerfed. Meanwhile I played with a Kuva Ogris with Firestorm, the Furax mod and f'n Nightwatch Napalm (the fire fields scale with explosion radius and proc heat btw). I'll expect complaints and nerfs in 3, 2, 1...

Anyone who says these mods are trash has no clue. They are niche but bonkers for that niche. Just wait until a youtuber copy/pastes it. That being said melee and abilities exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb xXMadneXDXx:

These utility mods not being exilus viable make up to a difficult choice when modding because of the decision of removing a DPS mod for the use of the extra AoE. We really want to use these mods, specially its new primed variants but we probably won't... simply because it may ruin our already tight build. Make fulmination and firestorm exilus viable please...

yes.. why not? weapons with uselfull aoe damage need ammo.

and now we need this mod for shotguns (hello bubonico) anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gerade eben schrieb Prexades:

The problem I have with this mod, is that mod capacity is already very, very thight on most primary weapons. Even with every slot formaed it is possible to get to the limit and that was before we got a new primed mod for rifles.

yeah...

maybe its not so horrible for new spore trashgun secondary. radial attack went from 4.98 -> 7.80 range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
vor 27 Minuten schrieb Noxnel:

Would there be people complaining if either mods were already made for exilus slot? What do you think?

Of course not. People complain to get an advantage, not because they care about what makes the game better. They never call for nerfs on themselves, no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Of course not. People complain to get an advantage, not because they care about what makes the game better. They never call for nerfs on themselves, no matter what.

I personally rallied for Hydroid's looting powers to be nerfed back in the day, and they did pretty much what I asked too. :devil:

Nerf his looting, but make it work with kill assists, not just kills... and I LOVE Hydroid, even if I think he can be kind of clunky at times. 

I ask them to nerf me ALL the time. 

I'm too powerful. It makes the game boring. 

I also ask them to buff our enemies. I guess I'm weird idk.

I'm someone who rarely bothers with rivens or arcanes because I already feel overpowered in SP, Sortie and everything up from there without even using such tricks or bothering with operator powers most of the time either. The only regular operator trick I use a lot is vazarin's insta revive because I pug it up a lot and it's convenient when rando's who don't know modding are going down around you and you are trying to keep things going smoothly. But I don't need it either, it's just a tool of convenience, there are so many ways to trivialize danger while reviving too. Rage/Hunter adrenaline is all the energy gimmick you need in most content if you build right, so you don't even need to waste pads. So many other energy tricks, this game is so easy. 

I want all nerfed enemies like Manic, and all nerfed enemy scaling restored to it's former glory, and our energy economy and power in general, especially melee, nerfed hard. I want to stop sleep-walking through missions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I personally rallied for Hydroid's looting powers to be nerfed back in the day, and they did pretty much what I asked too. :devil:

Nerf his looting, but make it work with kill assists, not just kills... and I LOVE Hydroid, even if I think he can be kind of clunky at times. 

I ask them to nerf me ALL the time. 

I'm too powerful. It makes the game boring. 

I also ask them to buff our enemies. I guess I'm weird idk.

I'm someone who rarely bothers with rivens or arcanes because I already feel overpowered in SP, Sortie and everything up from there without even using such tricks or bothering with operator powers most of the time either. The only regular operator trick I use a lot is vazarin's insta revive because I pug it up a lot and it's convenient when rando's who don't know modding are going down around you and you are trying to keep things going smoothly. But I don't need it either, it's just a tool of convenience, there are so many ways to trivialize danger while reviving too. Rage/Hunter adrenaline is all the energy gimmick you need in most content if you build right, so you don't even need to waste pads. So many other energy tricks, this game is so easy. 

I want all nerfed enemies like Manic, and all nerfed enemy scaling restored to it's former glory, and our energy economy and power in general, especially melee, nerfed hard. I want to stop sleep-walking through missions. 

I dare you play without mods on your weaponry or frames for 365 days . But I know you are not going to make it. I mean you have the option of not being OP, but I guess you really like being OP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Noxnel:

I dare you play without mods on your weaponry or frames for 365 days . But I know you are not going to make it. I mean you have the option of not being OP, but I guess you really like being OP.

I will never understand how people like you can a play a looter shooter without comprehending at any level that gear choice is actually part of the gameplay.

Sure, you can artificially make the game harder by playing without mods or intentionally using bad gear. But at that point, why would you bother playing Warframe at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Noxnel said:

I dare you play without mods on your weaponry or frames for 365 days . But I know you are not going to make it. I mean you have the option of not being OP, but I guess you really like being OP.

Hmmm.... this gives me an idea for a tiered mod point challenge. Something people could challenge themselves for fun. 

Say, up to a certain level you use no mods/arcanes/operator powers, etc. 

Then, once you reach a level where it starts to become next to impossible without super specific cheese, you allow a certain number of mod points, then upwards of that, and so on -- and the points you are allowed are spread between all your gear so you have to really think about your choices. I might try to work out what makes sense, it would be a fun challenge. See how high level missions I can do without mods (without too much cheese, so it's more of a universal challenge), and then what the next "tier is" and so on. 

This game is boring. Might be fun. Thanks for the inspiration. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Krankbert said:

I will never understand how people like you can a play a looter shooter without comprehending at any level that gear choice is actually part of the gameplay.

Making the mod available for exilus slot, doesn't outright force everybody to use it on that slot. I just want the option to put it there. I don't want my opinion to rule for everyone else. You can still use it on a regular slot, I'm not taking that from you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Hmmm.... this gives me an idea for a tiered mod point challenge. Something people could challenge themselves for fun. 

Say, up to a certain level you use no mods/arcanes/operator powers, etc. 

Then, once you reach a level where it starts to become next to impossible without super specific cheese, you allow a certain number of mod points, then upwards of that, and so on -- and the points you are allowed are spread between all your gear so you have to really think about your choices. I might try to work out what makes sense, it would be a fun challenge. See how high level missions I can do without mods, and then what the next "tier is" and so on. 

This game is boring. Might be fun. Thanks for the inspiration. 

 

I know you would never make it without me. I was born with great imagination. Tho I presume my arsenal is not as humungus as yours, I can get by with a little help from my friends.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Noxnel said:

Making the mod available for exilus slot, doesn't outright force everybody to use it on that slot. I just want the option to put it there. I don't want my opinion to rule for everyone else. You can still use it on a regular slot, I'm not taking that from you.

 

As far as a min/maxer is concerned, if you make it exilus, that slot now says "Primed Firestorm" and nothing else fits in it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gerade eben schrieb Noxnel:

Making the mod available for exilus slot, doesn't outright force everybody to use it on that slot. I just want the option to put it there. I don't want my opinion to rule for everyone else. You can still use it on a regular slot, I'm not taking that from you.

 

What you want is the mod for free. That’s the only reason why you’re angling for the ability to put the mod in a slot where the alternatives are comparatively useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

As far as a min/maxer is concerned, if you make it exilus, that slot now says "Primed Firestorm" and nothing else fits in it. 

Isn't it the same for Prime Sure Footed? I use it on an exilus mod on my frames.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...