Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Golden Armada [Spoilers for The Second Dream and everything after]

Supercilious_Bucket

Does anyone from DE even glance at these posts? I feel like there are a few good ideas hidden among this heap of data...

In any case, here's my idea for a potential quest or Operation which could expand the game a little more

Ok, so every time Baro comes in with his subpar inventory of products, I think of this conspiracy I think could become a pretty neat quest which could open up potential alternate farms. Here's how it goes:

We don't know what Baro Ki'teer does with the prime parts/blueprints we give him in exchange for ducats. Some theorize they're melted into the ducats, others believe they're just recycled and redistributed in the relic economy. What if Baro kept these prime parts? What if he's been creating an army of prime Warframes for the sole purpose of defeating the grineer, corpus, and infestation, and bringing stability to the system?

Of course, these prime frames would be without operators, and without operators to keep them calmed and docile, would go feral as Chroma did in The New Strange (and supported with evidence given in The Sacrifice). They'd fight everything indiscriminately. So, in order to keep the system from falling to these void terrors, the Tenno must shut down any feral prime warframes.

How would this work, mechanically? Well, one option could be to have these prime frames to be another form of Acolyte event, in the sense where players must discover where the frame is before being able to hunt it and damage it. Completing the mission could reward ability augmentation mods for the warframe fought, ducats from Baro, or even prime parts/blueprints?

Another option would be adding a new faction to fight in the invasions tab. Similar to infestation outbreaks, You cannot side with the warframes. However, rather than reward players with an Alad V coordinate, it'd reward them with something from a similar loot table to the Acolyte option.

I get this isn't a perfect idea, and it'd drastically change the prime part economy, but I think it's a fun idea to think about. If you have any ideas to expand this, or clarifying questions to have me ponder or answer, please let me know

1 hour ago, Supercilious_Bucket said:

How would this work, mechanically? Well, one option could be to have these prime frames to be another form of Acolyte event, in the sense where players must discover where the frame is before being able to hunt it and damage it. Completing the mission could reward ability augmentation mods for the warframe fought, ducats from Baro, or even prime parts/blueprints?

Considering how many prime parts he gets given surely we should just have a mission where everything (or crossfire style) is a frame. I am not sure exactly what you are talking about with the invasions tab, but that may be what I mean.

I really like this idea, could give more lore and fun gameplay (both of which are my favourite parts of the game), and this idea could also give an alternative and more interesting way to collect prime parts/bps.

Archived