Jump to content

Livestream Schedule: December 7 - 11


Recommended Posts

I really wish I could look under the hood and figure out why these drops sometimes don't work. Just glyphs that I don't care about so it's fine, but just irksome. All the ones from last week worked fine(except the receiver of course). Just seems hit or miss lately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

I really wish I could look under the hood and figure out why these drops sometimes don't work. Just glyphs that I don't care about so it's fine, but just irksome. All the ones from last week worked fine(except the receiver of course). Just seems hit or miss lately.

There's so many things that can go wrong.

Sometimes something is messed up in the Twitch API and nobody gets anything, like the case of last Tuesday.

Sometimes the link gets corrupted - not sure what causes this, but it happens sometimes. Solution is to unlink (from both sides!) and re-link. Important to follow the steps you can find on the support page.

Sometimes the twitch page glitches out for whatever reason and the user doesn't show up in the list of chat users. I've had that happen where I had to log out and back in and kill and reopen the page a few times before it registered me again. Note that not appearing in the list of chat users doesn't prevent you from tossing out messages in chat; but because you don't appear in the list, you're not being registered as watching. I haven't seen this happen with a fresh tab, only on tabs that I've left open from previous streams. It certainly doesn't happen every time and because I've only had it happen twice I can't even say that it can't start on a fresh tab.

Sometimes twitch just logs you out for no reason.

There's a bunch of potential user errors as well:

  • not watching the stream live - some people watch the pre-recorded streams and think that qualifies them for the drop. It doesn't.
  • not logged in to twitch or logged on with a user not linked to their WF account
  • account not properly linked, or if there was a problem not properly unlinked before re-linking
  • user has multiple WF accounts; wrong WF account is linked to twitch account (you could be getting drops, just on the wrong account)
  • watching the stream from the homepage instead of from *in* the stream (i.e. you need to be able to see chat or it doesn't detect you)
  • not watching for full 30 minutes
  • leaving old tab open and not "checking in" when stream starts (I did this once and since I could hear the stream I assumed it was working fine and I missed out on the Harrow Neuroptics).

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. 

If you want to be really sure: 

  • unlink your account from both sides (warframe and twitch) and re-link as per instructions on DE's support page, and that if you have multiple twitch or warframe accounts, you've linked the correct accounts.
  • verify you're in early enough to qualify for your drop. If you pop on with 10 minutes left, sorry, you missed it.
  • make sure you're logged in and you can see the chat pane AND VERIFY YOU CAN FIND YOUR USER NAME IN THE LIST OF CHAT USERS. This is super important. If you're not there, you're not getting the drop.

Do all this, and provided there's no hiccup with DE or Twitch that would cause everybody to miss out, you should get the drop.

 

Edited by fastlane37
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-06 at 9:50 PM, _KINGSLAYER said:

The official calendar is a really cool feature, but sadly the stream timings on Tuesday and Thursday are off by 24 Hours for me. Timezone is GMT +6. Probably because the day changes at 12 AM, so I have 2 streams on Wednesday, one at 3 AM(Tuesday Stream) and the other at 9PM(Wednesday Stream) and Thursday stream is on Friday 6 AM. Hope the provided info helps if willing to fix the calendar. Thanks 🙂

 

7 hours ago, fastlane37 said:

yeah, it's... weird. I'm in Pacific time (GMT-8, so 3 hours behind DE's Easter Time, which is GMT-5) and the Wednesday and Thursday streams are at the right time (7AM PT/10AMET and , but the Monday stream is showing an hour early (9AM, when 1PM ET is 10AM PT) and Tuesday is showing an hour late (2PM, when 4PM ET is 1PM PT). Today's starts an hour early, of course, but unless it starts at 12ET each week going forward - for two hours, at that - it's messed up.

 

I'll look into this, see if I can get it to behave. Thanks for letting us know!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the stream up all afternoon, received nothing. Don't particularly care about the glyphs but considering I only got one part last week and didn't get anything today I'm not liking my CHANCES of landing the receiver rerun.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Цитата

I've got 9(2 dupes)

Surprise Ivara, Jingle Kavat, Caroling Octavia, Ski Gauss, Winter Glyph IV, Winter Glyph VI, Winter Glyph IX, Winter Glyph XVIII(Xmas Nef Scrooge) x2 = 9(1 every 24-25 min)

Спойлер

8c9ce1f536601eed1f31ff47aac46e28.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fastlane37 said:

There's so many things that can go wrong.

Sometimes something is messed up in the Twitch API and nobody gets anything, like the case of last Tuesday.

Sometimes the link gets corrupted - not sure what causes this, but it happens sometimes. Solution is to unlink (from both sides!) and re-link. Important to follow the steps you can find on the support page.

Sometimes the twitch page glitches out for whatever reason and the user doesn't show up in the list of chat users. I've had that happen where I had to log out and back in and kill and reopen the page a few times before it registered me again. Note that not appearing in the list of chat users doesn't prevent you from tossing out messages in chat; but because you don't appear in the list, you're not being registered as watching. I haven't seen this happen with a fresh tab, only on tabs that I've left open from previous streams. It certainly doesn't happen every time and because I've only had it happen twice I can't even say that it can't start on a fresh tab.

Sometimes twitch just logs you out for no reason.

There's a bunch of potential user errors as well:

  • not watching the stream live - some people watch the pre-recorded streams and think that qualifies them for the drop. It doesn't.
  • not logged in to twitch or logged on with a user not linked to their WF account
  • account not properly linked, or if there was a problem not properly unlinked before re-linking
  • user has multiple WF accounts; wrong WF account is linked to twitch account (you could be getting drops, just on the wrong account)
  • watching the stream from the homepage instead of from *in* the stream (i.e. you need to be able to see chat or it doesn't detect you)
  • not watching for full 30 minutes
  • leaving old tab open and not "checking in" when stream starts (I did this once and since I could hear the stream I assumed it was working fine and I missed out on the Harrow Neuroptics).

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of. 

If you want to be really sure: 

  • unlink your account from both sides (warframe and twitch) and re-link as per instructions on DE's support page, and that if you have multiple twitch or warframe accounts, you've linked the correct accounts.
  • verify you're in early enough to qualify for your drop. If you pop on with 10 minutes left, sorry, you missed it.
  • make sure you're logged in and you can see the chat pane AND VERIFY YOU CAN FIND YOUR USER NAME IN THE LIST OF CHAT USERS. This is super important. If you're not there, you're not getting the drop.

Do all this, and provided there's no hiccup with DE or Twitch that would cause everybody to miss out, you should get the drop.

 

See, this is the thing. I get all this. Let's go back to the week with the 4 mech parts and the warframe slot.

Monday I forgot about, whatever.

Watched all 4 other days, no changes in how I do it. No drops on Tuesday or Wednesday, got it fine Thursday. No drop Friday. Unlinking and relinking would of made no difference after Tues/Wed, because it actually worked normally. Got all the Brandal parts too, except the obvious receiver issue on Tuesday. This is why I want more info on the system to be visible to people, so they can tell if something they are doing, or not doing, is causing the problem.

I do nothing different, make sure it's not muted, showing online and not away, though that shouldn't generally matter at all. I'm not new to this rodeo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

See, this is the thing. I get all this. Let's go back to the week with the 4 mech parts and the warframe slot.

Monday I forgot about, whatever.

Watched all 4 other days, no changes in how I do it. No drops on Tuesday or Wednesday, got it fine Thursday. No drop Friday. Unlinking and relinking would of made no difference after Tues/Wed, because it actually worked normally. Got all the Brandal parts too, except the obvious receiver issue on Tuesday. This is why I want more info on the system to be visible to people, so they can tell if something they are doing, or not doing, is causing the problem.

I do nothing different, make sure it's not muted, showing online and not away, though that shouldn't generally matter at all. I'm not new to this rodeo.

Did you verify you could see your name in the list of chat users? Because that's the list they use to check who's watching. Twitch will randomly just not show you in the list even when you're happily throwing out messages in chat. It doesn't matter if you're showing online and not away, muting/volume definitely doesn't matter, but you do have to be logged in on the Twitch account linked to the desired WF account and you do have to show up in the list of chat users, which most of the time just works.... until it doesn't, Twitch can still just randomly bug out and not show you in the chat user list. It's not even like you'd notice otherwise, as you can still chat. It still shows you as logged in and not away. Literally everything else looks normal until you search for your username in the list of chat users.

Twitch is buggy AF. If you're worried about missing a drop, you should be checking the list of chat users for your user name after the stream starts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fastlane37 said:

Did you verify you could see your name in the list of chat users? Because that's the list they use to check who's watching. Twitch will randomly just not show you in the list even when you're happily throwing out messages in chat. It doesn't matter if you're showing online and not away, muting/volume definitely doesn't matter, but you do have to be logged in on the Twitch account linked to the desired WF account and you do have to show up in the list of chat users, which most of the time just works.... until it doesn't, Twitch can still just randomly bug out and not show you in the chat user list. It's not even like you'd notice otherwise, as you can still chat. It still shows you as logged in and not away. Literally everything else looks normal until you search for your username in the list of chat users.

Twitch is buggy AF. If you're worried about missing a drop, you should be checking the list of chat users for your user name after the stream starts. 

Maybe this is my problem, or at least part of it. Did not even realize the user list was a thing until you mentioned it the first time, got in just now and fiddled around for a second until I found it, discovered I was not in it, fiddled around with some other things and refreshed until I showed up. Maybe it was a fluke, but it was the refresh after disabling my adblocker that did it. We'll see if that helps make my drops more consistent, though I'm unsure why it would have been such a sporadic problem up to this point if that were the case, as opposed to consistently not working. At the very least it's nice to uncover a new aspect to poke at to hopefully make some progress in that direction. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

who do i c ontact about twitch chat ban for n o reason?? I transfered money so I could donate, was getting rdy to change name to something funny for 200 donate, video stream said to type !donate to donate, but when i went to do it, it said i was  banned from chat??? wth?? no reason was given at all. Would love to know why since i didnt spam and dont type in all  caps or post links or anything like that. so i could not even donate, gj. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fastlane37 said:

Did you verify you could see your name in the list of chat users? Because that's the list they use to check who's watching. Twitch will randomly just not show you in the list even when you're happily throwing out messages in chat. It doesn't matter if you're showing online and not away, muting/volume definitely doesn't matter, but you do have to be logged in on the Twitch account linked to the desired WF account and you do have to show up in the list of chat users, which most of the time just works.... until it doesn't, Twitch can still just randomly bug out and not show you in the chat user list. It's not even like you'd notice otherwise, as you can still chat. It still shows you as logged in and not away. Literally everything else looks normal until you search for your username in the list of chat users.

Twitch is buggy AF. If you're worried about missing a drop, you should be checking the list of chat users for your user name after the stream starts. 

Yes, I was in the list. Still no drop today, not that I need it. When I first set it up, I had no issue with any drops for a long time. Now it's intermittent no matter what I do. If it had just stopped completely at one point I would of already re-linked it all, but it didn't, it's seemingly random. Even during the prex card drops, it mostly worked fine, but sometimes randomly didn't.

I don't expect you to believe some rando on the internet and that's fine, but I've worked in support for a long time. I'm not here asking for tips.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IspanoLFW said:

Yes, I was in the list. Still no drop today, not that I need it. When I first set it up, I had no issue with any drops for a long time. Now it's intermittent no matter what I do. If it had just stopped completely at one point I would of already re-linked it all, but it didn't, it's seemingly random. Even during the prex card drops, it mostly worked fine, but sometimes randomly didn't.

I don't expect you to believe some rando on the internet and that's fine, but I've worked in support for a long time. I'm not here asking for tips.

Honestly, I'm more willing to believe my extensive list of things that can go wrong with a drop is incomplete than someone clearly frustrated with lack of drops legitimately looking at a potential problem that's easy to check and fix and is yet unwilling to give it a try. I hope they get you sorted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • [DE]Helen locked, unlocked, locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...