Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What in your opinion is the best single handed sword?

KnightOfAtlas

The Broken War is pretty much the most balanced sword in the game imo, not the strongest, but it has a solid crit/status spread and enough base damage to still clean house.

Add in the fact that it's a freebie and has the second highest base crit chance of all swords, which makes it good at its job, it has the same percentage of Slash as the stronger base damage Pangolin Prime (80%) which makes it a good slash weapon. It also is in the second highest bucket of base attack speeds, not the biggest deal since the stances can be hit or miss depending on how much speed they have but it doesn't need a massive buff to be quick thanks to that.

I might be biased, but the Broken War just gets the job done in most situations to me and has the balance of stats to never be too far behind any of its competitors.

Broken war or pangolin prime are good. I was lucky with riven rolls for both of them, but even without riven they are good.

BTW which frame are you playing with ?

Depending on the frame you may want range or not.

Gauss it a strong melee character (speed and damage buff together with RD if you use his 4th and his 3rd), but you'll want range.

The same goes for Valkyr if you don't plan to use her 4th.

Wisp is also not bad at melee as she has HP boost / regen and attack speed with her mote, but you need some range too.

Inaros... don't play Inaros.

Protea with a way to proc' finisher (bronco with augment, subsume a blind or sleep, naramon dash) turns the 4th ability in a nuke for which you stack up damage with finishers. But then a 2 handed hammer is better.

Vauban vortex turns almost all melee into tremendous killing weapons, due to 25% damage from his passive and finisher damages, and without the need for range

unknown.png

I don't even like it. Don't ask me why, just kill me.

unknown.png

What have I done to wrong the melee gods? Why am I being punished? Why won't this sentient eyelash let the world know I am a tonfa blender?

Prisma Skana is prettier. Use Prisma Skana instead. Or be a hipster and fit your playstyle to Iron Phoenix.

depends, all the sowrds have their merits.

in terms of performance, Broken War and Dakra Prime are best for me. Dakra Prime is also a good looker.

in terms of pure appearance, and on lower level missions, Prisma Skana: the simplicity of it's form is what makes it appealing, I just wish it was a little stronger.

I also like Pangolin Sword, NOT the prime, as good as it is, it's ugly as sin, I wish we had had a Pangolin Sword Skin that uses the vanilla form, that would solve the problem for me.

It's really up to preference considering how many are slash based crit weapons with similar range. If I had to say though, Pangolin Prime and Skana Prime are both top notch. The problem is most people can't use Skana Prime to compare with, and I certainly don't have it :( 

38 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's really up to preference considering how many are slash based crit weapons with similar range. If I had to say though, Pangolin Prime and Skana Prime are both top notch. The problem is most people can't use Skana Prime to compare with, and I certainly don't have it :( 

I think Skana Prime is objectively weaker, since it has less status chance and probably less damage. 

12 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

I think Skana Prime is objectively weaker, since it has less status chance and probably less damage. 

If we are looking purely at paper DPS, I do think Pangolin will win out. However Skana Prime has more attack speed, a higher critical multiplier, and around the same percentage of base damage being Slash. It also has a better Riven Disposition which should be considered if you get heavily invested in a weapon and optimizing. Skana Prime looks much more comfortable to use compared to Pangolin, and they will run the exact same build in the end. That is why I said it is up to preference. I personally like Dakra Prime, especially because I have a Riven Mod.

Since Melee 2.9, all melee feel almost identical to me anyway aside from their stance mod. It's the same builds, the same Slash crit weapons, with a change in skin and stance mod.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If we are looking purely at paper DPS, I do think Pangolin will win out. However Skana Prime has more attack speed, a higher critical multiplier, and around the same percentage of base damage being Slash. It also has a better Riven Disposition which should be considered if you get heavily invested in a weapon and optimizing. Skana Prime looks much more comfortable to use compared to Pangolin, and they will run the exact same build in the end. That is why I said it is up to preference. I personally like Dakra Prime, especially because I have a Riven Mod.

Since Melee 2.9, all melee feel almost to me anyway identical aside from their stance mod. It's the same builds, the same Slash crit weapons, with a change in skin and stance mod.

That's all very true. 

Archived