Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Chance To Make It Right

AladV

Every faction is a warmongering, unsympathetic machine. Because of how bad the writing is at DE, they had to flat out tell us the Tenno were the good guys. Like thousands of other people, after hearing "You have amnesia, but you should totally trust me" I was wary of the Lotus' intentions. The writing for this game is akin to  a Saturday morning cartoon and that is just sad to see. The Tenno are murderous thugs, they garner no sympathy. But NOW~! We gotta stop the Grinner from spreading...into what? The only 3 factions that consist of humanoids are the only 3 that matter. There are no civilians that we know of, we are not trying to bring balance or peace. Lotus uses us like mercenaries for hire, we end up helping both sides all the time.

So this entire lazily done event has presented two options.

1. Help the Corpus and fail to uphold the only purpose given to the Tenno by DE, which is to save Tenno

2. Help the Grineer and get our fellow Tenno back. Then use the awakened Tenno to fight back the Grineer.

A Tenno is worth 20,000 Grineer or Corpus, maybe more. If every single mission is extermination or whatever the Corpus missions are (I wouldn't know since I am not a traitor), this event is a bust. There is nothing to these missions. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was more than single mission runs. Have large flowing fights, Have you fight along side a Champion like Vor/Kril or a pack of Hyenas/Jackle. Have some interactions with Vor to show the uneasiness between us, that he vehemently hates us for foiling the Sling-Stone operation. Maybe have some Fomorian ship missions to get the Infested involved in a different capacity. There is no reason this event could not have been a combination and expansion of concepts and ideas previously explored. I was hoping for more free-form choice driven levels, having multiple objectives; to interact with the enemy. You know, have it go all out. This event is reward heavily, but light on content. You know, the stuff that matters. It introduces no new concepts for game modes/the way we play, just more needless grind.

I will say it again. If you create compelling and fun gameplay, you don't need 1000 weapons or 300 Warframes. The ideas here were nice, the delivery of information was botched and the logic is just stupid. This coupled with the fact it is the same game being played, just with window dressing. This event does not create or give off the feeling of being "epic" (hate that word). It is just a means to show off new content and does nothing to promote creating player-driven choices that resonate in the gameplay. It is still running up and down the same interchangeable hallways killing the same enemies. This event shows off how stupid the A.I. is. Instead of moving as a unit with them, they all just cluster F*** around. I was picturing boarding parties, squads of structured/diverse units, you know make it seem like it wasn't just the A.I. being dragged along by a sting. I was expecting to maybe encounter Vor in the field. If you are working with the Grineer, he pelts you with scathing remarks, but asks your team to take out a generator and gives you some men and a bomb to do so. Then you return to him for a final push. Break up these more structured missions with the samey rushed oriented crap and you got yourself a truly grand event in scope. The allied Corpus/Grineer are not even helpful. It is a novelty at best. They get in the way and the number of enemies present do not warrant the number of Tenno or allied faction present. So you have a "huge battle" happening within the same confined areas all other missions take place in, yet you jam more people in there (a majority of which you cannot shoot); the number of enemies does not require so many allied soldiers like I stated. If you were to spawn with a boarding party or a Champion unit and a party, then proceed to work through the level with a clear objective in mind; that would be way more compelling and something actually different(granted not much different, but still). You would have less clutter and a more directed flow to the mission.This event wreaks of laziness or lack direction/imagination, maybe both.

To break this down into being about telling your story for the sake of telling your story, that is not the way to approach this. You are only looking to create means to an end in which you tell the story of the Berserker; which will become stale if it is presented in a similar way the current lore is. To run through a level and hear the same dialogue over and over and over again sucks, it lessens the impact of what is said. If we have to grind for Berserker prints and a story is attached to the levels in the form of "words words words words words" of the same 5 or so lines of dialouge, you have screwed something up.

If you are only focused on telling one story, focusing on what is best for your story; you are doing it wrong. You need to tell your story in the best way possible for the good of the product as a whole. If that means compromising your story to let the players make a choice, so be it. If you are going to game the system to try and force a Corpus victory to tell the story of the Beserker, again that is dumb. This sudden interest in lore is just that. Instead of taking the time to think this out and present it a compelling way, you rushed it out the door. You had to change the stipulations at the last second to make the event even make any kind of sense, which it still doesn't.

This has become an extension of the grind with window dressing and not the awesome event it was made out to be.

adxy.png

That's the most beautiful painting of what I've been doing for two days straight to get a potato and pistol.

TheGreatZamboni deserves a spot on the Plot and Events Committee of an extremely successful game. DE has found out what grabs the most attention from gamers for the lowest cost to them: new gear. Let's be honest, rewriting and upgrading AI just for an event doesn't seem near as appealing when there are tons of Tenno out there that will be satisfied with a potato, a slot, and a new handgun. I don't blame DE, (and I am taking full advantage of the "gifts") but getting a little closer to TheGreatZamboni's Ideals wouldn't hurt. The Survival Event was such a hit, you'd think they would attempt to make another sort of mission type instead of just exterminate with enemies you can't kill wandering aimlessly.

Honestly I'm extremely bored with this event, and almost wish the rewards weren't as good, because I'd rather be in Orokin Derelict or hunting Void Keys. Warframe in general is right on the edge of being an epidemic and fantastic ground-breaking game, but the current business plans are holding it back to a mere profitable good game.

Edited by CaptainDobby

You'd think they would have tinkered with his status and made him and OP or something.. Noob forum initiate Alad.V in the house!

Btw : You, your toasters, and the toaster stroking Tenno betraing their own kind are LA-HOOO-SING. 

Better luck never..

Tenno, I see it is difficult to persuade you. You are smart, I know this, help me take back Quirinus from the oppressive Grineer, for there is no telling what horrors they’ve done to the innocent!

How about you give us some reactors, the grineer have been giving us bad rewards recently like orokin cells, mutegen samples, etc. Because your units are so much easier to kill, people side with the grineer. But if you give us more blueprints and maybe a vauban chassis, we'll side with u

Well, I'm staying loyal to my shield drone friends.

That's fine - I'm not trying to get people to join any particular side. I just see a lot of conflicts won or lost based purely on the rewards they offer rather than a loyalty to either faction.

Playing for the Corpus is fine. Playing for the Grineer is fine. It's just, people need to stop going turncoat for the other faction's items.

That's fine - I'm not trying to get people to join any particular side. I just see a lot of conflicts won or lost based purely on the rewards they offer rather than a loyalty to either faction.

Playing for the Corpus is fine. Playing for the Grineer is fine. It's just, people need to stop going turncoat for the other faction's items.

Well, an ability to shift the balance would be nice too, otherwise we could as well just press a choice button once and be done with it.

This is the Tenno that deserves a spot on the Plot and Events Committee of an extremely successful game. DE has found out what grabs the most attention from gamers for the lowest cost to them: new gear. Let's be honest, rewriting and upgrading AI just for an event doesn't seem near as appealing when there are tons of Tenno out there that will be satisfied with a potato, a slot, and a new handgun. I don't blame DE, (and I am taking full advantage of the "gifts") but getting a little closer to TheGreatZamboni's Ideals wouldn't hurt. The Survival Event was such a hit, you'd think they would attempt to make another sort of mission type instead of just exterminate with enemies you can't kill wandering aimlessly.

Honestly I'm extremely bored with this event, and almost wish the rewards weren't as good, because I'd rather be in Orokin Derelict or hunting Void Keys. Warframe in general is right on the edge of being an epidemic and fantastic ground-breaking game, but the current business plans are holding it back to a mere profitable good game.

Well the idea is to advance what your AI can do. I understand this takes time, they did leak the idea of AI types during the stream. This is another case of jumping the gun ala U10. Put it off til it is ready. If they did this event with the new AI types, it would have been a great way to show off all the types at once.

You hold science and knowledge in high esteem - I respect Corpus for that. However, as the Confucius said, the real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. In your ignorance you have forgotten that, at the core, we, Tenno, are soldiers and the essential duty of soldier is loyalty. Thus we shall not leave our kin in your greedy hands

Edited by xGryphus

Tenno, I see it is difficult to persuade you. You are smart, I know this, help me take back Quirinus from the oppressive Grineer, for there is no telling what horrors they’ve done to the innocent!

Although you desecrate our brethren, I cannot allow the Grineer to expand farther.  I side not with you, but against the Grineer.  So here's my offer:  Give us the pods, stop dissecting our brethren, and I'll help you, forget the rewards.

To be honest I'm supporting the Corpus due to the fact that I consider the Grineer the more powerful faction. They are essentially to a man Soldiers. The Corpus has never struck me as being that big on military might, so if the corpus win this, the grineer are left that much weaker. But while the corpus may gain that military advantage, they do not gain that much man power. We are the man power and the deciding factor in this war. So, Fight the grineer then wipe out the corpus at our leisure. Besides. The grineer have bad dental hygene.

Oh wait, this is a public corpus channel and not to my Fellow Tenno? Ignore what I said, "Rawr Grineer Bad!" is what I meant.

Edited by Dalis918

That's the most beautiful painting of what I've been doing for two days straight to get a potato and pistol.

TheGreatZamboni deserves a spot on the Plot and Events Committee of an extremely successful game. DE has found out what grabs the most attention from gamers for the lowest cost to them: new gear. Let's be honest, rewriting and upgrading AI just for an event doesn't seem near as appealing when there are tons of Tenno out there that will be satisfied with a potato, a slot, and a new handgun. I don't blame DE, (and I am taking full advantage of the "gifts") but getting a little closer to TheGreatZamboni's Ideals wouldn't hurt. The Survival Event was such a hit, you'd think they would attempt to make another sort of mission type instead of just exterminate with enemies you can't kill wandering aimlessly.

- That's deep.. I agree on so many levels.  

I had hyped this up in the community and amongst my clan like it was going to be WARRR!!!! Alas, it's just extermination missions on a sliiiightly changed ship map ooooover, and oveerrrr, and ooooveeerrr..

This isn't a war.

This is kill farming slider pushing. Almost a tug of war if you close your eyes and imagine it, but the event gets way better when you do that. ;)

Alright here's our list of demands

1.give us all the pods

2.pay us alot of mats(cause credits are easy to come by)

3.give us all your research you have done in your project so far 

4.give us more bule prints

Do this and not only we'll help you we'll lead the charge. For retaking/defending your bases. Or don't and have all your bases go to the Grineer your pick.

Detron, Detron! Rly, how can you like the "Brakk" - grineers reward? There r one billion of similar pistols. And "Detron" is the guy that have soul, guy that i like but cannot acquire. :L Thx you, Grineer lovers. :(  Dunno, why there r same reward in the end of bouth sides...I helping Corpus, not Grineer! It's kinda weird and sad at all.  Just look at him, he is sad too.  250px-Detron.png :P

Just like you said Alav V, nobody wants to be a slave. I rather be a Warrior for hire than a Grineer slave.

The original reason for signing up to help you guys out is so i can regain a Prova that i once lost due to a, sall i say, unforseen glitch in the system when i originaly tried to sell my Orthos.

But dont you guys worry, my Blade is at your side, as long as you keep your promise. (plays a heroic music in the backround)

By the sardonics of my brethren, you, Alad-what-s-your-number, might have noticed that you are not much loved among the Tenno. 
You might convince us not to want to put your head on several pikes simultaneously for one and only price: our people.

There is no other option. 

Convey to these terms or be crushed.

Edited by Huitzilopoltchi