Why is there so many toxic players in this game?

(PSN)minimee1712
Message added by Letter13,

If you believe someone else in-game is being toxic and violating the community rules, then take a screenshot and submit a support ticket or right click (or open the context menu on their name) in chat and report them, followed by placing them on your ignore list. Engaging users you believe are acting toxic or are violating the rules never ends well, and is not recommended as it could result in you violating the rules in kind; your best option is to report & ignore.

Lastly, if or when DE Customer Support takes punitive action against other players, you will not be notified whether the player has been punished or not, just as if you are punished the person who reported you is not notified. This is because punishments and actions taken against users is considered a private matter, and in an effort to respect all users' privacy, such information is not disclosed to others.

Locking.

Question

Everytime I put the setting on public to join someone else they are extremely toxic in voice chat, no wonder no one plays this game, its fun but too many toxic players and i've done reports of this and nothing! No action no nothing just nothing. I'm deleting the game, toxic players are everything that is wrong with multiplayer games especially in co-op mode, you host a farm and you get lots of stuff but they didn't cuz they lazy and then they threaten you. That's how I feel, I get threatened everytime by mastery 14s or 16s they are so damn toxic. And the worst part is ive gotten reported twice for reporting them and all the action has gone against my account, it has been reset twice and ive had to get everything back. This is why I consider this game bad 👎. If you can handle toxic players that threaten you all the time and your account gets reset and you have to do everything again, you would be as mad as me.

13 answers to this question

In my 3+ years of playing, I've probably bumped into maybe 4 randoms who used voice chat. Of all the randoms I've ever played with (which is a lot, since I always play pub), I've been fortunate and had only 1 bad experience (and it was actually lag causing issues, somehow they thought it was me causing it).

You mentioned that you've been reported and had your account blocked or something, suggests you might be part of the issue, unfortunately. Hard to know without any details. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)minimee1712 said:

Everytime I put the setting on public to join someone else they are extremely toxic in voice chat, no wonder no one plays this game, its fun but too many toxic players and i've done reports of this and nothing! No action no nothing just nothing. I'm deleting the game, toxic players are everything that is wrong with multiplayer games especially in co-op mode, you host a farm and you get lots of stuff but they didn't cuz they lazy and then they threaten you. That's how I feel, I get threatened everytime by mastery 14s or 16s they are so damn toxic. And the worst part is ive gotten reported twice for reporting them and all the action has gone against my account, it has been reset twice and ive had to get everything back. This is why I consider this game bad 👎. If you can handle toxic players that threaten you all the time and your account gets reset and you have to do everything again, you would be as mad as me.

Simply ignore and report, if you insult them in anyway then their report becomes valid aswell, don't do that

As for the why, well, it's similar to racism, you are not born that way, you become that way, there are factors that certainly increase this, from my experience 2 come to mind.

• unregulated or poorly moderated warframe chat areas, like discords, clan chats and other public areas, if you see something using an odd conversation method and getting away with it, that's a huge red flag, indicating that the mods or admins are ok with with and the reason for that is because those entities might even be worse.
  • clans that like the previous reason, incentivate poor conduct ingame and don't really care about their clanmates, their own opinion becomes sort of a global reason to hate someone and the hive mind will join in order not to feel apart, not everyone will join in, but part of the issues are indeed certain clans who promote the wrong behavior.

1 час назад, (PSN)minimee1712 сказал:

man if only there was a button to like mute voice chats or something. if only. if only. if only.

I've played switch, pc, and playstation and I have never ever played with a single toxic person. I've only seen about 3 toxic people in region chat in the two years I've been playing. I think you've just been seeing the bad side because the community is barely toxic. All I can say is ignore these toxic people and try to find good people who play or play alone.

Been playing on Ps4 over 3 years now, and in my over 3k hrs in the game I have never run into toxic people like you are talking about. Now granted, I don't voice chat with strangers, I have that crud turned off. Of the maybe 5 or 6 times I have run into truly toxic people in that amount of time, i just hit ignore and moved on. I mean if you engage with them in an argument, you are just giving them what they want. Since they were able to report you as well and action was taken against you, I can see that you engaged in counter-toxcicity. Two wrongs don't make a right.
That being said, I think the nomination for best community was quite representative of my overall experience in Warframe. There are many more totally cool people in this community then the bad apples.

Archived