Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I noticed something about LoL players

Hierarch777

I never heard them say "I love League of Legends", "LoL is a good game" or "League is fun".

I have a feeling they only play it out of necessity rather than personal desire. As if they don't want to look like losers for not playing the hottest game out there, or because their friends don't want to play any other Multiplayer game.

What's your take on the matter? 

En 5/12/2020 a las 8:06, Hierarch777 dijo:

I never heard them say "I love League of Legends", "LoL is a good game" or "League is fun".

I have a feeling they only play it out of necessity rather than personal desire. As if they don't want to look like losers for not playing the hottest game out there, or because their friends don't want to play any other Multiplayer game.

What's your take on the matter? 

I've heard "League is entertaining", which happens to many games, that they don't love it or like it much but it is entertaining and time consuming which is something that appeals to many people.

Only positive memories I have of LoL was playing Taric in absurd ways.

You ever see a guy with a gem hammer and fuzzy pink legwarmers come charging out of the jungle to the tune of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"?

I lived that life for a while and it was always hysterically funny to get double/triple kills, type "I AM YOUR GOD NOW" in the all chat, buy an Iceborn Gauntlet, and run down mid like a steamroller.

I play league casually and you definitely wouldn't hear me telling anyone its a great game or that you should play it it. The actual gameplay is mostly trash, what I like about it is the huge amount of things to know about it. I'm the type of person who enjoys wikiing a game as much as actually playing it, so with the sheer amount of depth there is to the game I don't ever find myself bored of learning new ways to play it more optimally. For me, its almost more like a testing ground of what you know rather than an actual game. That's also partly why I like warframe. I've spent over 700 hours in game, and I'm sure I've spent twice that just watching videos about it or on the wiki. I always seem to enjoy games as long as I can keep learning them.

It was really good back at release. Evolving priorities and feature bloat ran the fun out of the game. 

I really wish there was a much more diverse market for the genre, but every company that pursues these genres has to be Supreme, or they just quit. Even the features the successful developers offer are limited to the most engaged content only, with no respect for things like a quality training/story mode, or alternate arenas. It's really sad. 

I think all live service games have a vice though. There's an industry incentive to harass players endlessly for more profit rather than making an experience which respects the enjoyment of the game as king. 

Archived