Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Scanner *CHIRP* causes FPS stutter

WildPenguin82

Since the last few days, I've noticed this annoying stutter. It didn't use to be there before.

Whenever one uses the Synthesis Scanner, there's this chirp ... chirp ... -sound, and during the chirp all the scannable objects flash more brightly. That's fine but now it has just started to make an annoying stutter at every chirp, i.e. the game stops for 0.1-0.2 seconds or so.

Anyone else having this issue?

Otherwise the game works just fine. But this jerk while using the scanner is annoying, makes more difficult to find the stuff you want to scan, and even causes slight nausea / dizzines if I need to use the scanner a lot (the jerking motion is not something ones eyes is expecting).

I have a hunch the stutter (in my case) is caused by certain in-game objects only, while other don't cause it. There are situations where there is no stutter at all, where there is only slight stutter and then severe stutter (and indeed: at the "CHIRP"/flashy effect).

One example: I certainly got more stutter in a session yesterday (even up to 0.5+ seconds, so it was very/extremely long stutter in this cse) when Orokin Death Orbs are nearby. But if I changed the room in the Orokin Tower tileset, the stutter went away. I could repeat by going back to the problematic area with the Orbs, and then stutter comes back. I can not confirm it was actually the Death Orbs, though, since there were a lot of enemies in the rooms, and other objects  - and it is not possible to list what objects/enemies are "in range" at any given moment.

I've noticed similar problems in some other situations / maps, but haven't taken notes (maybe I should start taking screenshots and notes when the problem occurs?). The main point in this theory is, that certain models are problematic (with the yellow or green flash visible trough the scanner), while some other models are not problematic at all.

8 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

I've noticed similar problems in some other situations / maps, but haven't taken notes (maybe I should start taking screenshots and notes when the problem occurs?). The main point in this theory is, that certain models are problematic (with the yellow or green flash visible trough the scanner), while some other models are not problematic at all.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! A list of places you've had this occur (or even specific objects) would be very helpful. Before you do that, you might want to try verifying and optimizing your download cache. Just so we can rule out the possibility of this being caused by misplaced or corrupt game files. This can be done by clicking the little cogwheel located at the corner of the Warframe launcher.

verf5.png

If that doesn't help, then please feel free to let us know what you find. We're in the process of trying to track down this issue, however we have yet to reproduce it. So any additional information you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Hi @[DE]Linkski,

I've Verified and Optimized the Download Cache, and after that reproduced this on the Orokin Tower and Corpus Ship tilesets after your reply.

But during last few days I've been playing mostly on Deimos/Cambion Drift and a bit on Orb Vallis. I know that neither of these areas seem to get any stuttering whatsoever when using the scanner. For example, today I was scanning extensively on Cambion Drift (there's a lot of stuff I haven't scanned to complete Codex - besides it is easier to find resources that way, as I was gathering some at the same time).

So, it seems it happens only in Orokin Tower / Corpus Ship tilesets consistently on my system (but even them - only if there are many enemies around, but even then not always). But I've not played on either one the last few days ;-)

I should probably mention I'm playing via Proton/Wine (DX11 renderer). These windows layer implementations are quite good these days, they are so good we can even run the same bugs as Windows Gamers ;-). In any case, there's always the possibility this is introduced by the compatibility layer somehow (but, in case other players are experiencing this also on Windows, then there's a real problem/bug...).

Cheers! I will get back to this thread if/when the problem re-occurs (and take screenshots this time...).

Archived