Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will deimos get its repeating event?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

My guess after or as a part of the New War.

DE's financial report suggested they were planning on releasing TNW over the course of the year, capping off with 'a new open world'. Which was most likely Deimos. They mentioned a few times that they 're-jigged' the schedule, likely meaning that the two were in development Simultaneously, but Deimos was making faster progress.

If that is the case that the Deimos we have is probably at least somewhat disconnected to the Deimos any 'repeating event' plans have been set up for.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Vallis and plains have a repeating event with ghouls and fractures when will we see the drifts event and what could it be about?

I had assumed Arcana IsoVaults was intended to take the place of a theoretical repeating event. After all, Ghouls are just bounties, and Arcana is also bounties

28 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

My guess after or as a part of the New War.

DE's financial report suggested they were planning on releasing TNW over the course of the year, capping off with 'a new open world'. Which was most likely Deimos. They mentioned a few times that they 're-jigged' the schedule, likely meaning that the two were in development Simultaneously, but Deimos was making faster progress.

If that is the case that the Deimos we have is probably at least somewhat disconnected to the Deimos any 'repeating event' plans have been set up for.

Well I’m assuming that because of their schedule changes release is gonna go something like this:

lavos and normal mission Necramech 

corpus queen pin/ corpus railjack(and possibly other than changes)

“Finished” Deimos 

Duviri paradox 

The new war.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

lavos and normal mission Necramech 

corpus queen pin/ corpus railjack(and possibly other than changes)

These two in this order is soft-confirmed already, AFAIK.

“Finished” Deimos 

Duviri paradox 

The new war.

highly doubt they'll run Duviri before TNW. Largely because Duviri will inevitably be a major story event (I mean, like... LOOK at it), and I doubt that it can happen - or rather, that DE would be willing to let it happen, before TNW. 

Just now, Loza03 said:

These two in this order is soft-confirmed already, AFAIK.

highly doubt they'll run Duviri before TNW. Largely because Duviri will inevitably be a major story event (I mean, like... LOOK at it), and I doubt that it can happen - or rather, that DE would be willing to let it happen, before TNW. 

I also forgot the third orb.

but unlike TNW Duviri was actually scheduled to be released next year where with the new war has been DElayes till who knows when. So unless we get some kind of announcement I’m gonna stay with what we have. We have no date for when the new war is gonna happen and be done, and when it does it’s probably gonna either A: add a new planet or ship

B: gonna be some moody but cool quest

or C: take us to tau

in any event I think DE is gonna finish everything else before they implement the new war, and Duviri is something that would make sense to be the final prelude before TnW

2 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

When will Deimos get it’s boss fight?

As much as I'd like to see Deimos get a boss, I'm pretty sure the Iso vaults are this open world's version of end-game style content. Eidolons and Orb mothers just happen to be big-boss missions, while Iso vaults have you killing several smaller bosses. That's not to say I agree with it, but I doubt they'll add a real boss any time soon.

There was that big infested dragon looking creature seen before Deimos launched among the leaked glyphs but the description made it sound like it was an early development version of the wyrms so that's unlikely. Hell, I'm not even sure if the Deimos landscape could accommodate a boss battle on the scale of the other open worlds even if they wanted to add one.

I also forgot the third orb.

but unlike TNW Duviri was actually scheduled to be released next year where with the new war has been DElayes till who knows when. So unless we get some kind of announcement I’m gonna stay with what we have. We have no date for when the new war is gonna happen and be done, and when it does it’s probably gonna either A: add a new planet or ship

B: gonna be some moody but cool quest

or C: take us to tau

in any event I think DE is gonna finish everything else before they implement the new war, and Duviri is something that would make sense to be the final prelude before TnW

We already know what they're planned means of telling the New War is. The plan is to tell it over a series of updates and events, as they already had been doing prior to Covid (consider: Rising Tides, the Erra quest, then Scarlet Spear).

Which is to say, it may involve some or even all of those things to some degree. Technically, it already has for one of them, what with the Murex Tileset.

But also consider this - Duviri was scheduled for after TNW. We've always known that. Especially when we consider Deimos has that Duviri teaser and a big ol' void gateway and was originally intended to come out afterwards. Duviri is most likely a sequel to, or at most a late-stage component of, the New War, narratively speaking. And you can't really leverage a sequel to be a prequel.

33 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We already know what they're planned means of telling the New War is. The plan is to tell it over a series of updates and events, as they already had been doing prior to Covid (consider: Rising Tides, the Erra quest, then Scarlet Spear).

Which is to say, it may involve some or even all of those things to some degree. Technically, it already has for one of them, what with the Murex Tileset.

But also consider this - Duviri was scheduled for after TNW. We've always known that. Especially when we consider Deimos has that Duviri teaser and a big ol' void gateway and was originally intended to come out afterwards. Duviri is most likely a sequel to, or at most a late-stage component of, the New War, narratively speaking. And you can't really leverage a sequel to be a prequel.

Duviri was scheduled to be after the new war BEFORE they decided to stretch it out. Originally when they said that the new war was supposed to be one big thing, instead it got stretched out into multiple things. Also when you say Deimos has that Duviri teaser do you mean the big gateway in the Hod quest or the worm?

2 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

You gather 200 samples for Latrox Une

waynes world GIF

as long as it's not defending yet another damn thing from hordes of infested and nothing else. that's already about 90% of Deimos' gameplay right there. maybe something like hunting down special Infested Specimens, or exploring more hidden Entrati ruins. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

waynes world GIF

as long as it's not defending yet another damn thing from hordes of infested and nothing else. that's already about 90% of Deimos' gameplay right there. maybe something like hunting down special Infested Specimens, or exploring more hidden Entrati ruins. 

Or finally getting the mass effect romance options for daughter 

Duviri was scheduled to be after the new war BEFORE they decided to stretch it out. Originally when they said that the new war was supposed to be one big thing, instead it got stretched out into multiple things.

Why would an internal change to how the story is being told affect the order of release?

The Duviri Paradox is most likely still a sequel.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Also when you say Deimos has that Duviri teaser do you mean the big gateway in the Hod quest or the worm?

The worm's the overt teaser, but the big gateway is probably going to be involved if we're being honest with ourselves.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Why would an internal change to how the story is being told affect the order of release?

The Duviri Paradox is most likely still a sequel.

The worm's the overt teaser, but the big gateway is probably going to be involved if we're being honest with ourselves.

Because the infested open world wasn’t supposed to be here until after the tennocon 2019 releases yet here we are.

Or it’s gonna be railjack involved if we’re going by the actual trailer shown

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Because the infested open world wasn’t supposed to be here until after the tennocon 2019 releases yet here we are.

Deimos was being developed in tandem with the New War proper though, or would have to have been. We know this because of the financial report, which mentioned a new open world - which is almost certainly Deimos. There's no way DE would have reported that to Leyou if it wasn't already in development. 

Besides, I'm not sure if you noticed, but 2020's update schedule getting re-arranged wasn't due to a shift in artistic decisions. It was because there was global health crisis which changed the realities of the development. But we must assume that, where they can, they'll stick to trying to release things in their intended order whenever possible, or fill in time with non-narrative updates. Which we can assume is why we're getting the Queenpins. And since we have no reason to believe that the intended order of release for Duviri has changed, we have no reason to believe DE is planning on bringing it out first.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Vallis and plains have a repeating event with ghouls and fractures when will we see the drifts event and what could it be about?

2021 for what I understand DE its now in vacation , we shouldn't have any update until at least April 2021 if we follow their trend from past years, if you're done with the content this its the perfect moment to try other game or complete any content you need in game.

My wishlist would be

1. The New War story quest, with resolution to the Lotus story

2.  Railjack additions, including rebalancing of avionics. (no instant killing of squadrons of fighters without even using guns, tactical avionics more useful)

3. Modular Archwing, also content were the Archwing is actually useful except for fast travel on open worlds

4. Duviri Paradox. while I am looking forward to it and hopefully an option for mature operators, the other things would be a priority.

What I don't want:

1. More Necramechs. Without a game mode tailored to them, they will remain niches.

Archived