Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

%75 off coupon

_Euphoria_

Do these still exist?

I used to average around 2 every 2 months before for a long time, but I havent gotten single one for around a year now if memory serves right. 
So I was curious if any of you guys have received a %75 plat price off coupon recently.

I want to buy platinum to support DE, but cant really afford it at full price.

2 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Do these still exist?

I used to average around 2 every 2 months before for a long time, but I havent gotten single one for around a year now if memory serves right. 
So I was curious if any of you guys have received a %75 plat price off coupon recently.

Yep, I had one a few days ago. Myth says that you need to leave the game a few days and then when you enter you'll have a 75% disc waiting for you.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Yep, I had one a few days ago. Myth says that you need to leave the game a few days and then when you enter you'll have a 75% disc waiting for you.

Wow, this means my luck with the coupons have run out lol. Even though I did take breaks and indeed received coupons when returning, they were %50 discounts at best

8 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Do these still exist?

For me it's been easy with exam season around the corner. I've just taken some time off the game ready to buy some plat for Christmas. 

Not assuming your circumstances, but I'd recommend having a little time off then coming back

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

I haven't seen one since 2017....

They tend to almost completely disappear the more you use them. I remember getting on about twice or thrice a month until it appeared on my birthday a year and a half ago. I used it and haven't seen one since... 

In my experience it also depends heavily on where you live. I live in the USA and barely get them at all, while my friends who live in India, the Philippines, (and presumably other lower CoL countries) get one every 2-3 weeks, sometimes a bit longer. Sample size is small, only based on 6 of my friends from those two countries; but all of them login every day and report the same frequency - astronomically higher than mine.

1 minute ago, -NICHE- said:

In my experience it also depends heavily on where you live. I live in the USA and barely get them at all, while my friends who live in India, the Philippines, (and presumably other lower CoL countries) get one every 2-3 weeks, sometimes a bit longer. Sample size is small, only based on 6 of my friends from those two countries; but all of them login every day and report the same frequency - astronomically higher than mine.

Factored in with activity. If you login religiously, your chance is much lower.

They do it's just very random. Been waiting for one for nearly a year myself and then got two within a month.

4 hours ago, vanaukas said:

IIRC how it actually works is that there is a sort of schedule where the game will give you a guaranteed discount as your login and if you don't login on said day then the game will reserve the discount for your next login. If you manage to skip several of these in a row then the game reserves your highest discount.

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Factored in with activity. If you login religiously, your chance is much lower.

Can confrirm. I was off by several weeks once and when i got back my 1st login reward was a 75% coupon.
Another time it was just for 3 weeks but when i came back i got a 50%.
So yeah makes sense to me

I'm not sure if time away is the factor people think it is. Over the past 5 years I've taken a number of breaks lasting several months to a year. I just came back recently after such a long absence and haven't gotten one. I did get a 20%, but I haven't seen a 75% in a very long time. Now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I've seen once since I got up over 1000 logins.

It's also entirely possible these days that there is a far more advanced algorithm at play here than people think. Like the system may realize I come back, play obsessively for 3 months, then move on, and that I usually try to buy some level of prime access or a plat pack at Christmas or my birthday in January. Maybe it's capable of calculating that offering me 75% isn't to the benefit of the company with that specific spending pattern?

Archived