Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Do these still exist?

I used to average around 2 every 2 months before for a long time, but I havent gotten single one for around a year now if memory serves right. 
So I was curious if any of you guys have received a %75 plat price off coupon recently.

I want to buy platinum to support DE, but cant really afford it at full price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Do these still exist?

I used to average around 2 every 2 months before for a long time, but I havent gotten single one for around a year now if memory serves right. 
So I was curious if any of you guys have received a %75 plat price off coupon recently.

I want to buy platinum to support DE, but cant really afford it at full price.

Yep, I had one a few days ago. Myth says that you need to leave the game a few days and then when you enter you'll have a 75% disc waiting for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Yep, I had one a few days ago. Myth says that you need to leave the game a few days and then when you enter you'll have a 75% disc waiting for you.

Wow, this means my luck with the coupons have run out lol. Even though I did take breaks and indeed received coupons when returning, they were %50 discounts at best

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Do these still exist?

I used to average around 2 every 2 months before for a long time, but I havent gotten single one for around a year now if memory serves right. 
So I was curious if any of you guys have received a %75 plat price off coupon recently.

I want to buy platinum to support DE, but cant really afford it at full price.

For me it's been easy with exam season around the corner. I've just taken some time off the game ready to buy some plat for Christmas. 

Not assuming your circumstances, but I'd recommend having a little time off then coming back

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

I haven't seen one since 2017....

They tend to almost completely disappear the more you use them. I remember getting on about twice or thrice a month until it appeared on my birthday a year and a half ago. I used it and haven't seen one since... 

Edited by --RV--Faras
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience it also depends heavily on where you live. I live in the USA and barely get them at all, while my friends who live in India, the Philippines, (and presumably other lower CoL countries) get one every 2-3 weeks, sometimes a bit longer. Sample size is small, only based on 6 of my friends from those two countries; but all of them login every day and report the same frequency - astronomically higher than mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -NICHE- said:

In my experience it also depends heavily on where you live. I live in the USA and barely get them at all, while my friends who live in India, the Philippines, (and presumably other lower CoL countries) get one every 2-3 weeks, sometimes a bit longer. Sample size is small, only based on 6 of my friends from those two countries; but all of them login every day and report the same frequency - astronomically higher than mine.

Factored in with activity. If you login religiously, your chance is much lower.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They do it's just very random. Been waiting for one for nearly a year myself and then got two within a month.

4 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Yep, I had one a few days ago. Myth says that you need to leave the game a few days and then when you enter you'll have a 75% disc waiting for you.

IIRC how it actually works is that there is a sort of schedule where the game will give you a guaranteed discount as your login and if you don't login on said day then the game will reserve the discount for your next login. If you manage to skip several of these in a row then the game reserves your highest discount.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Factored in with activity. If you login religiously, your chance is much lower.

Can confrirm. I was off by several weeks once and when i got back my 1st login reward was a 75% coupon.
Another time it was just for 3 weeks but when i came back i got a 50%.
So yeah makes sense to me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got one this week, and I have been logging in regularily for the past 2 years.

I think there might be a queue system that if you don't log-in for a long time, all the resource/booster get skipped, but the coupons stay in line.

Edited by Godmode_Ash
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if time away is the factor people think it is. Over the past 5 years I've taken a number of breaks lasting several months to a year. I just came back recently after such a long absence and haven't gotten one. I did get a 20%, but I haven't seen a 75% in a very long time. Now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I've seen once since I got up over 1000 logins.

It's also entirely possible these days that there is a far more advanced algorithm at play here than people think. Like the system may realize I come back, play obsessively for 3 months, then move on, and that I usually try to buy some level of prime access or a plat pack at Christmas or my birthday in January. Maybe it's capable of calculating that offering me 75% isn't to the benefit of the company with that specific spending pattern?

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you log in everyday you have a larger reward pool which is more rewards but at the same time its a more diluted pool of rewards so its harder to get things. If you do not log on for a few days then do its a small reward pool so you more likely to hit coupons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...