Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when are we buffing atlas??

Shadjini

other than the Energy Cost of Petrify still being rather questionable, not sure what you'd even really want. other than maybe converting Ability Weapons into having their own separate Modding, with some minor Stat adjustments to compensate for that.

43 minutes ago, taiiat said:

other than the Energy Cost of Petrify still being rather questionable, not sure what you'd even really want. other than maybe converting Ability Weapons into having their own separate Modding, with some minor Stat adjustments to compensate for that.

I mean, there are certain things like: Bulwark not being a good defensive tool even with the recent buff since it's barely noticeable most of the time, Boulder barely functioning in a tool in any sense, Rumblers not feeling worth to cast most of the time due to their dependence on Duration and lack of utility (besides solo Rubble build), and not just regarding the energy cost of Petrify but also the angle of which Atlas is restricted to not being affected by Range. Heck, even the discrepancies regarding the aspects of Rubble regarding healing and the decay could be addressed too. Sure, while Atlas is mostly usable, and some minor buffs and changes could bring him to a better point, it's definitely not just Petrify that is holding him back.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

All I'd want is for his rubble to cap at 1,800 instead of 1,500. Only having a 100 rubble window for Rubble Heap is a minor pain.

And maybe make Rumbled less bad.

41 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

I mean, there are certain things like: Bulwark not being a good defensive tool even with the recent buff since it's barely noticeable most of the time

Boulder barely functioning in a tool in any sense

Rumblers not feeling worth to cast most of the time due to their dependence on Duration and lack of utility (besides solo Rubble build)

true, Bulkwark as a defensive thing was best at original release when you could troll AI with it. but that got nerfed. best improvement, let us troll AI with it again. it's not big anyways, so it's a good tradeoff to me. bubble shields, or an AI obstacle.

the Boulder doesn't do anything useful and would be better off not existing, but currently it being there isn't actively hampering the Warframe. not currently.

Rumblers are acceptable enough distractions. passable Damage and enough EHP. if they could help create more Rubble, then the Ability would be well rounded enough, some of this some of that.

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

Heck, even the discrepancies regarding the aspects of Rubble regarding healing and the decay could be addressed too. Sure, while Atlas is mostly usable, and some minor buffs and changes could bring him to a better point, it's definitely not just Petrify that is holding him back.

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

All I'd want is for his rubble to cap at 1,800 instead of 1,500. Only having a 100 rubble window for Rubble Heap is a minor pain.

And maybe make Rumbled less bad.

okay, i definitely forgot about that part, yes. Rubble decays at an alarming rate, even if you are pretty continuously Killing Enemies.

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Boulder doesn't do anything useful and would be better off not existing, but currently it being there isn't actively hampering the Warframe. not currently.

It should katamari the enemies that it touches and when it explodes it deals damage equal to base damage x number of enemies and petrifies all enemies within its small blast radius.

4 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It should katamari the enemies

and when it explodes it deals damage equal to base damage x number of enemies and petrifies all enemies within its small blast radius.

is that that uh, that cursed PS2 game that you rolled a Magnet Ball around in?
okay, you got my vote.

hmm. i guess Damage * Enemy Count is acceptable. provided that you moved atleast most of the Damage from the rolling phase into the Explosion, so that it deals 0 Damage to Enemies while rolling, in favor of a more effective Explosion.
bonus points if the Explosion also weakens Armor, and perhaps other debuffs that maybe could temporarily disable Enemy Abilities. i'd prefer that over Petrifying them infact, since Atlas already has multiple ways to do that.

5 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It should katamari the enemies that it touches and when it explodes it deals damage equal to base damage x number of enemies and petrifies all enemies within its small blast radius.

I always thought Grendel should be Katamari frame. Never thought about a potential Bulwark Katamari.

4 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

if you build a corrosive secondary stat stick , his 1 deals quite the damage  ,and with ensnare subsume he has everything atlas wants 

I mean, I can 1-2 shot the majority of SP Grineer with Landslide, and Petrify is a great ability, especially when combined with his solid passive, so I get where you're coming from, but 2 out of his 4 usable abilities are pretty bad.  His 4 provides a decent distraction and can do okay damage in mid level content, but it's still not really great, and also doesn't really build into his kit the way other frames have good kit synergy.  Tectonics is outright one of the worst abilities in the game though, unless you're trying to corral a defense target, which...  You don't actually need to do if you show up to the mission prepared for a moving, living defense target.

He does need some work, but I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list on "needs to be buffed asap."

Atlas is not lacking on damage. I think many people agree on that front, and those that disagree arent playing atlas correctly. His issues stem from some inchorerent gameplay and the trend of one/two strong abilities and 2 weak/useless abilities. His 1 and 3 are almost perfect, althought Id like an energy reduction on 3 (we can argue about a proper semi/exalted build space later for landslide), but bulwark needs help, as does rumblers. Also, DE, for the love of god make atlas’ rubble passive work with fashion frame plz!

Archived