Small change to Nezha's Chakram

z3us32610

Right now, if the player presses 2 (or the 2nd ability button) while Nezha's Chakram is in the air, Nezha is teleported to that spot. Instead of teleporting, it would be really nice if the player to detonate the Chakram. This would apply heat procs and damage in an AoE, but it would also apply the debuff. 

The ability right now makes at a tad tedious to apply the debuff to a large group. A ~10m AoE detonation would make the debuff application much easier and might even clear low level groups fairly easily. The recent glaive changes inspired this thought.

You can "detonate" the chakram midflight, it just doesn't do any damage to enemies. I think it uses glaive detonate controls for that post-glaive rework but it still may use melee heavy attack for it. It would be cool if detonating it actually did something like apply the proc.

Edit after double checking: it no longer even fake detonates it just quick returns when you heavy attack with a melee equipped and does not use glaive controls.

1 hour ago, KCToxic said:

You can "detonate" the chakram midflight, it just doesn't do any damage to enemies. I think it uses glaive detonate controls for that post-glaive rework but it still may use melee heavy attack for it. It would be cool if detonating it actually did something like apply the proc.

Edit after double checking: it no longer even fake detonates it just quick returns when you heavy attack with a melee equipped and does not use glaive controls.

yeah just for the fun it should do something , the fx is cool though

the more mechanik with skills the better game is

but

i could also see power trow mechanik added to charged chakram , would be really cool

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

i'd rather have the Teleporting.

I know the teleporting seems neat, but I honestly can't think of anything I would do with it that the bullet jump and Void Dash don't already do. I mean half the time I end up bullet jumping so far so fast, by accident, that the chakram is maybe five feet in front of me anyway; not much distance gained by teleporting. Maybe get past a couple Spy mission shortcuts with it? That's about it, in all other circumstances Void Dash is easier and cheaper

26 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I know the teleporting seems neat, but I honestly can't think of anything I would do with it that the bullet jump and Void Dash don't already do. I mean half the time I end up bullet jumping so far so fast, by accident, that the chakram is maybe five feet in front of me anyway; not much distance gained by teleporting. Maybe get past a couple Spy mission shortcuts with it? That's about it, in all other circumstances Void Dash is easier and cheaper

Also the chakram is so random in its movement that the teleport is rarely useful anyway. I throw it out and then go to teleport to it and whoops, I'm 20m straight up in the air. Not to mention when it bounces in his ult there's absolutely no telling where you'd end up.

I would leave the teleporting as is and add a augment to change the function to maybe make it proc a boom that way people who like him as is don't lose out and those that want something different get that also, sorta like the great augment that gets rid of his "slip and slide". I do not use the teleport to travel per say but more to pop into groups and drop a nice big fire ring onto them, then smack them with the chakram a few times and melt them with whatever toys I brought with me.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

all i have to blame on that is that the maximum distance it can be Thrown is so-so.

I actually enjoy the teleportation mechanic.

It does detonate when you teleport so it's a near guaranteed heat proc to all within 10 m.

I also use it to bypass the ocassional spy vault (holding the ability button makes it not bounce) as i can get past lasers and magnetic barriers with ease.

The only change I would accept is if the teleportation only happens on charged throws and only detonation occurs (no teleport) on regular throws.

Nezha is one of my most used frames cause of the versatility it brings. Including its combination mechanics.

Archived