Jump to content

4 ppl team of free roam is beyond lame.


(PSN)Benzi08

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if you know this, but the matchmaking in warframe.. it leaves a lot to be desired, shall we say.

given how often host migrations can occur with just 4 people., I'd hate to think what would happen if dozens of players were all in the same instance, so no, I'll have to pass, at least as long as we have P2P instead of dedicated servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 Players in Deimos is especially lame because objectives scale with squad size, but the bonus doesn't. It's way better to do Deimos alone or in a duo squad than to have a full party. More players actually slow you down in most cases and it's annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed, their open worlds would really benefit from actually being open instead of a remote hosted squad of 4. Imagine Fortuna with like 50 tenno running around causing chaos and it's server side, so if people leave you won't get host migrated into oblivion. Destiny styled time events happening and it's just conventional mission types with minibosses. Everyone would be in fortuna all the time. But I get why it's not a thing yet. To make that happen, they would have to completely rewrite their net code and constantly host at least a 100 instances of open worlds for each one. That's a huge investment of time and money.

I hoped they would realise this and work on it in the background but their philosophy behind Deimos shows they don't see it that way. Deimos is not an open world. It has some great mission design now with Arcana, but it's more like a tileset. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That wouldn't work without dedicated servers non what so ever.

And those cost way too much compared to what they can offer to the game.

Spending millions just because host migration is not exactly worth it. And the game wasn't built around 20 member squads. One player is already powerful enough for any mission. 20? You would have to make really big changes to the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

Imagine having about 20+ players on Free roam (Deimos, orb, eidolon) and railjack missions with the options of teaming up or playing vs each other. I don't understand having 4 players on Gabii or Tessera but on orb vallis it makes no sense. 

Are you currently unable to complete the content of the free roam zones in a 4 person squad? 

Typically even with a 4 person random squad I'll normally see one or two people doing most of the work, and the rest of the squad is almost superfluous. 

Putting 20 people would probably mean that most had better be really into mining and fishing, or at least standing around trying to look cool by playing random emotes. 

And the whole vs thing usually gets shot down really quickly, outside of the few people who insist that conclave is an actual thing (it really isn't). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

That wouldn't work without dedicated servers non what so ever.

And those cost way too much compared to what they can offer to the game.

Spending millions just because host migration is not exactly worth it. And the gane wasn't built around 20 member squads. One player is already powerful enough for any mission. 20? You would have to make really big changes to the game.

It also won't fix the underlying host migrations, which is that the internet is a vast and complex network outside of individual control, and catastrophic failures can happen at any time, and at any point in the network, resulting in the client devices being dropped from the game. 

YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc all have dedicated servers, and they still manage to crash and burn from time to time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

I mean they would have to (and I know they can) fix the host migration issue like get rid of it completely. Just have sessions where ppl join and quit freely. 

To make things more expedient next time, it's called a dedicated server. Yes, we would want dedicated servers instead of having one player try and host the whole session

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warframe's "open worlds" ideally should function like Destiny's "shared worlds" because the latter provide a much better experience mainly due to their seamless nature. Yes, it would need dedicated servers and a brand new network code for it to function. If you just want to mine or fish, for example, you don't need to create a solo instance but simply enter the plain. After you finish it, you can take a bounty on the plain and you will be automatically grouped with the others seamlessly.

Taking it further, imagine if each of Earth's nodes is connected to Plains of Eidolon and you can go anywhere seamlessly. In other words, a planet is really a giant interconnected maps. Maybe in Warframe 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nailclipper said:

Warframe's "open worlds" ideally should function like Destiny's "shared worlds" because the latter provide a much better experience mainly due to their seamless nature. Yes, it would need dedicated servers and a brand new network code for it to function. If you just want to mine or fish, for example, you don't need to create a solo instance but simply enter the plain. After you finish it, you can take a bounty on the plain and you will be automatically grouped with the others seamlessly.

Destiny's open world tech really is fantastic. I got into it late so my experience was a bit different than launch, but it was really cool being able to go into an area and have 5-8 other people you don't know all going about their day. Then some event happens and everyone comes together to solve it. And the best part is that strikes can seamlessly run through an active open world section, so you can go into a strike, wander through an open world event, and then keep going through your mission. And the transition in/out of these instances is all seamlessly done.

Unfortunately DE would need to do significant work to get something similar. Not just from a technical perspective, but from a design perspective. DE's design philosophy for the open worlds is the same "load in, load out" gameplay loop that's been in the game since launch. Deimos is a great step forward design-wise but it's still not enough to elevate these zones from "big tiles" to "open worlds" that you'd want to visit and stay at for hours. Without making a cleaned-up Warframe 2 I don't think DE could pull it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah open worlds could surely use 8 players. But then they need to be reworked because they don't pose much of a challenge as a 4 man squad.

Also devs need to improve their coding by a whole lot because game significantly slows down as more players are added in. I rarely get stutter or fps drops in a solo game or a squad of 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They never should have put giant open world maps unless they were willing to pay for dedicated hosting. 

Warframe is P2P. 

A P2P game can at best create a bad imitation of a real open world, free roam experience with others. 

But I can't imagine what hole they would pull that money out of to ever make something like that happen... that's why I think more than one more "open world" is a mistake, and they should get back to core warframe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So u telling me u are completely satisfied with the little simple missions on free raom (huge space btw) with the 4 ppl team. Player vs player always beat fighting PC. See how they have INVASIONS, imagine corpus vs grinneer or infested on free roam where u can use ur ship and ur complete archwing. I honestly think this will make the game more intense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Have you ever had a back to back host migration? It takes like 3 minutes....

Now imagine 1 host leaving....then the next host leaving because "well, that guy's leaving, so I will too"...then the next host and the one after that.

When that happens I just turn off the game but that's something that can be eliminated from the game completely if they want to. It would be crazy to have a host among 20+ players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

So u telling me u are completely satisfied with the little simple missions on free raom (huge space btw) with the 4 ppl team. Player vs player always beat fighting PC. See how they have INVASIONS, imagine corpus vs grinneer or infested on free roam where u can use ur ship and ur complete archwing. I honestly think this will make the game more intense.

Why would having more that 4 of us be a good idea, when 4 pretty much dominate anything they can throw at us? 

It's like how I can light my stove burner with one match, why would using 10 be better? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

They never should have put giant open world maps unless they were willing to pay for dedicated hosting. 

Warframe is P2P. 

A P2P game can at best create a bad imitation of a real open world, free roam experience with others. 

But I can't imagine what hole they would pull that money out of to ever make something like that happen... that's why I think more than one more "open world" is a mistake, and they should get back to core warframe. 

Or they can even have junction between the maps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Why would having more that 4 of us be a good idea, when 4 pretty much dominate anything they can throw at us? 

It's like how I can light my stove burner with one match, why would using 10 be better? 

U still not getting it? So we can play vs each other. I agree with u , 95% of the time I don't need a teamate. Let's say 4 vs 4 competing for an objective to me it's more appealing than 4 players going on the same direction all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...