Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 ppl team of free roam is beyond lame.

(PSN)Benzi08

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

Focusing on the game instead of mesh apparel and mugs. They let us pile up at little Maroo's so why the big eidolon and the rest.

You didn't explain how. It's quite easy to go around saying people should do stuff just because. And last I checked, Maroo's just a hub, not an open world.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

So u telling me u are completely satisfied with the little simple missions on free raom (huge space btw) with the 4 ppl team. Player vs player always beat fighting PC. See how they have INVASIONS, imagine corpus vs grinneer or infested on free roam where u can use ur ship and ur complete archwing. I honestly think this will make the game more intense.

Personally, yeah.  Get too many people in there and it's not the fun kind of chaos.  Personally I'd top out at a total of 8 players in open world, much more than that and most PC's start having issues.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

They let us pile up at little Maroo's

Because relays and the like don't keep track of players in the same way as mission locations.

Ever notice how despite being able to bullet jump in these spaces, you never see anyone else doing it (instead appearing to just fly through the air while playing the run animation)? When you're in a relay, the game only keeps track of your location, and a few context-sensitive actions (such as being open to trading, or playing a mandachord track). Every other action you take is ignored when the game displays what you're doing to other players. This streamlined input transmission is what allows so many people to be in a single space.

1 minute ago, Tchaikovskies said:

You didn't explain how. It's quite easy to go around saying people should do stuff just because. And last I checked, Maroo's just a hub, not an open world.

I don't have the proper term. I just want to be able to kill a fellow tenno on free roam, use my complete arch set and possibly my ship.

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Personally, yeah.  Get too many people in there and it's not the fun kind of chaos.  Personally I'd top out at a total of 8 players in open world, much more than that and most PC's start having issues.

That's a decent amount of players. I  stress having more players only if we have a p vs p option. Otherwise it'll be utter chaos and the weak players would never rank.

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Because relays and the like don't keep track of players in the same way as mission locations.

Ever notice how despite being able to bullet jump in these spaces, you never see anyone else doing it (instead appearing to just fly through the air while playing the run animation)? When you're in a relay, the game only keeps track of your location, and a few context-sensitive actions (such as being open to trading, or playing a mandachord track). Every other action you take is ignored when the game displays what you're doing to other players. This streamlined input transmission is what allows so many people to be in a single space.

Or they can bring the relay out to free roam the same way u can pick another bounty while on fortuna. Get rid of the bazaar keep the ayatan missions. The game have too many stuff to do that aren't actual missions and so many things we can do offline like  mining for instance or the entire foundry.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

I don't have the proper term. I just want to be able to kill a fellow tenno on free roam, use my complete arch set and possibly my ship.

One thing is waht users could want and other things is what the game can handle without being bugged. In our experience, Trials/Radis were a bugfest (I barely played them so I can't profundize on them besides what we univerallly know about them), and Scarlet Spear showed that a system with more than 4 people in a squad it's still bugged.

Maybe someday we will have a pvp/br/mmo experience to make more dynamic the interaction between players, but I can't see any hint that we are coming towards that rather than an eventual trials/radis comeback reworked revisited  maybeusingOPlinkagain 2.0, but in eventual state for various years by now... So we are "stuck" witha  4 man squad until then.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

One thing is waht users could want and other things is what the game can handle without being bugged. In our experience, Trials/Radis were a bugfest (I barely played them so I can't profundize on them besides what we univerallly know about them), and Scarlet Spear showed that a system with more than 4 people in a squad it's still bugged.

Maybe someday we will have a pvp/br/mmo experience to make more dynamic the interaction between players, but I can't see any hint that we are coming towards that rather than an eventual trials/radis comeback reworked revisited  maybeusingOPlinkagain 2.0, but in eventual state for various years by now... So we are "stuck" witha  4 man squad until then.

Sadly! 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

U still not getting it? So we can play vs each other. I agree with u , 95% of the time I don't need a teamate. Let's say 4 vs 4 competing for an objective to me it's more appealing than 4 players going on the same direction all the time. 

Conclave is a thing. A pretty dead thing, but it's there. Maybe try that, since you aren't likely to get what you want elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

Focusing on the game instead of mesh apparel and mugs. They let us pile up at little Maroo's so why the big eidolon and the rest.

Are you just putting together random words now? That has nothing to do with the question that was asked. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

How do you propose they do that without having the majority of the globe lag badly? 

👆

Seriously. Put some serious thought into it. It's not a case of "press magic button, make thing happen". 

Conclave. Try it. 

Or they can bring the relay out to free roam the same way u can pick another bounty while on fortuna.

Either you missed the point or you're being wilfully ignorant.

What I'm saying is that relay instances can't be integrated into missions because they rely on a totally different pace of info transfer, so saying that "They can do 50 players in a relay so why can't they do the same for missions" shows a gross lack of understanding regarding how these things work.

I'll try to simplify.

When in a mission, the game needs to track where a player is, how fast they're moving, how they're moving (running, sprinting, sliding, jumping, bullet jumping, double jumping, wall dashing, aim gliding or wall latching, among others), what direction they're travelling in (and when in midair, how gravity is affecting them), whether they're attacking an enemy, whether said attack is ranged or melee, whether they're casting a power, the effects of that power on nearby allies and enemies, if they're close enough to any doors to open them. It needs to keep track of all of this (and likely several others that I've missed), and transfer all of that information to all of the other players in the mission (even if they are not nearby). It needs to do that for up to four players at once, multiple times per second (to ensure that all players get accurate info on what their teammates are doing). It also needs to keep track of every single enemy's location (beyond just line of sight, mind you. If it's on your radar, the game has to track it), where each one is going and who they're attacking, and relay this to every player.

Suffice to say, that's a lot of information to transfer. Again, all of these checks and more are happening multiple times per second per player.

In comparison, Relays (and other such social spaces) only need to, as previously mentioned, keep track of where a player is, where they're going, and if they've set up a trading stall (in the bazaar) or started playing tunes (in a relay). And since there's no time-sensitive actions within a Relay, the connection can also get away with only sending this info once every second or so (if you've ever wondered why other players tend to judder and teleport around when moving in a Relay, that's why).

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Either you missed the point or you're being wilfully ignorant.

What I'm saying is that relay instances can't be integrated into missions because they rely on a totally different pace of info transfer, so saying that "They can do 50 players in a relay so why can't they do the same for missions" shows a gross lack of understanding regarding how these things work.

I'll try to simplify.

When in a mission, the game needs to track where a player is, how fast they're moving, how they're moving (running, sprinting, sliding, jumping, bullet jumping, double jumping, wall dashing, aim gliding or wall latching, among others), what direction they're travelling in (and when in midair, how gravity is affecting them), whether they're attacking an enemy, whether said attack is ranged or melee, whether they're casting a power, the effects of that power on nearby allies and enemies, if they're close enough to any doors to open them. It needs to keep track of all of this (and likely several others that I've missed), and transfer all of that information to all of the other players in the mission (even if they are not nearby). It needs to do that for up to four players at once, multiple times per second (to ensure that all players get accurate info on what their teammates are doing). It also needs to keep track of every single enemy's location (beyond just line of sight, mind you. If it's on your radar, the game has to track it), where each one is going and who they're attacking, and relay this to every player.

Suffice to say, that's a lot of information to transfer. Again, all of these checks and more are happening multiple times per second per player.

In comparison, Relays (and other such social spaces) only need to, as previously mentioned, keep track of where a player is, where they're going, and if they've set up a trading stall (in the bazaar) or started playing tunes (in a relay). And since there's no time-sensitive actions within a Relay, the connection can also get away with only sending this info once every second or so (if you've ever wondered why other players tend to judder and teleport around when moving in a Relay, that's why).

I like how everyone miss the key points while letting out their genius and their quadruple digit IQ. Warframe don't make any revenue? I understand if u satisfied with everything the game has to offer. Almost every game I play lags at times although Warframe lags the most that shouldn't be a reason to not make the game better. And the ppl talking about conclave are just useless, who doesn't know about that ?

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Benzi08 said:

I like how everyone miss the key points while letting out their genius and their quadruple digit IQ. Warframe don't make any revenue? I understand if u satisfied with everything the game has to offer. Almost every game I play lags at times although Warframe lags the most that shouldn't be a reason to not make the game better. And the ppl talking about conclave are just useless, who doesn't know about that ?

Sigh. 

How much do you know about making code for something like a video game? How about how the internet actually works? 

As for your lag issues, I am going to hazard a guess that you don't live in a big city in the US or Canada and probably have potato level internet service, that's been sold to you as very high speed. (I live in the third world, and most of the time I don't have much lag playing on the ps4.) If that's the case, then you probably would suffer (or at best see no significant benefits) from a move to dedicated servers. 

And as a person who told you to go to the conclave side, you don't seem to grasp that a lot of players are highly opposed to playing PvP in warframe. So I'd say that you don't know much about conclave, because if you did you'd realise that you probably don't want to be going up against a full squad of fully powered warframes. Do you even realise how much extra balancing goes into conclave? 

You aren't the first person to come up with these ideas, Tenno. Heck you don't even seem to have thought through the suggestions you have made in any great detail. 

Go back to the drawing board and see if you can come up with a way for it to actually work. Many people would probably thank you if you could. Until then, getting upset with the people who are pointing out why it's not really a great plan, isn't going to help you. 

Archived