I have a definitive solution for Residual and Theorem arcanes.

Cerikus

Issue 1: Nobody will use theorem arcanes on warframe EVER.
Issue 2: They are not worth the players time AT ALL. 
Issue 3: Residuals do basically NOTHING and only sometimes, and then the Theorem can happen to do basically NOTHING.

This would all be 100% fine, if we didn't have to sacrifice our already good arcanes and be obliged to use kitguns.

SOLUTION:

- Add 2 arcance slots to ALL primaries and secondaries. 1 for Residual, 1 for Theorem.
- Make an "exilus-like" thing to unlock those (1 exilus to unlock both), add it to vault bounties and maybe father shop for 100k standing. Make it expensive to build.

RESULT:

If I like a weapon, I can invest (my time and resources) into a permanent unlock for this specific weapon to use these specific arcanes. Let's be honest... the dmg/effect upgrade is so minimal, it actually doesn't change power of nothing, but it it a cool bonus.

It would change residuals and theorems from USELESS TRASH into a miniscule upgrade for some favorite weapons.

There is no reason to not do this, it would be a solution. It would be a player progression. 

I like this idea if the expensive unlock is comparable to the Arcane. Even now, nobody would spend 100,000 Entrati standing or Exilus slots on an Arcane that does nothing of value for the arsenal.

DE needs to rethink the effects and give them more meaningful adjustments.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I like this idea if the expensive unlock is comparable to the Arcane. Even now, nobody would spend 100,000 Entrati standing or Exilus slots on an Arcane that does nothing of value for the arsenal.

DE needs to rethink the effects and give them more meaningful adjustments.

Well I meant thet the main source would be the bounties. The buy option would be an extra way to burn your Entrati rep, but yeah, maybe it should be less.

I peronally would not mind investing into a very small upgrade for my favorite weapons, if it would cost me resources I already have by playing. At that point, I wouldn't even need and buffs to the arcanes. 

Even if DE added 2 zeros to ALL stats in the theorem arcanes, I still would not use them EVER. I will always have a better arcanes to use. That's why I think giving us an extra slot is the only solution.

I am all for giving all weapons Arcanes slots, but I'm not sure about making them locked to two types like that. Having a Warframe and Weapon Arcane interact with each other is a neat idea, the effects just need to be there to back it up.

I get that it would turn them into a "I have this Arcane and it is better than nothing, guess I'll use it" but eventually more Arcanes would be added to out-compete them. Furthermore, this is Warframe, nearly everything we grind for has the potential to have a massive impact on our gameplay. One of the best things about the game is that your gear matters.

I appreciate this as an "easy" solution, but I'd rather DE go with the right solution and rethink the buffs given by these Arcanes. It was a cool idea.

This wouldnt solve anything. Even if it was completely free and didnt take any slots I would still not use it because the payoff the residuals and theorems have isnt even worth the time equipping them in the first place. An unmodded mk1 braton is stronger than the residuals, I tried.

The residuals are fixable however:

• Make their trigger chance 100%.
  • Instead of 200 flat damage, it's 200% of the shot that triggered it as electric damage. (Similar values for the other arcanes of course, so 40% of the shot that activated it as cold dot, etc)

Keep in mind that pax seeker exists and is not overpowered.

The Theorems are unfortunately an unfixable failure. They do nothing on their own so there is no reason why they are not part of the residuals in the first place. This is the worst kind of synergy: forced synergy.

18 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This wouldnt solve anything. Even if it was completely free and didnt take any slots I would still not use it because the payoff the residuals and theorems have isnt even worth the time equipping them in the first place. An unmodded mk1 braton is stronger than the residuals, I tried.

The residuals are fixable however:

• Make their trigger chance 100%.
  • Instead of 200 flat damage, it's 200% of the shot that triggered it as electric damage. (Similar values for the other arcanes of course, so 40% of the shot that activated it as cold dot, etc)

Keep in mind that pax seeker exists and is not overpowered.

The Theorems are unfortunately an unfixable failure. They do nothing on their own so there is no reason why they are not part of the residuals in the first place. This is the worst kind of synergy: forced synergy.

I think the poster's idea is more about making them work within what DE is willing to do with them, which they showed they are not willing to make them actually synergy; but rather dependent. I agree making the residuals and theorem better and consistently useful base is a better solution first but I think this idea might open up later opportunities

On 2020-12-06 at 4:33 PM, Cerikus said:

Issue 1: Nobody will use theorem arcanes on warframe EVER.
Issue 2: They are not worth the players time AT ALL. 
Issue 3: Residuals do basically NOTHING and only sometimes, and then the Theorem can happen to do basically NOTHING.

This would all be 100% fine, if we didn't have to sacrifice our already good arcanes and be obliged to use kitguns.

SOLUTION:

- Add 2 arcance slots to ALL primaries and secondaries. 1 for Residual, 1 for Theorem.
- Make an "exilus-like" thing to unlock those (1 exilus to unlock both), add it to vault bounties and maybe father shop for 100k standing. Make it expensive to build.

RESULT:

If I like a weapon, I can invest (my time and resources) into a permanent unlock for this specific weapon to use these specific arcanes. Let's be honest... the dmg/effect upgrade is so minimal, it actually doesn't change power of nothing, but it it a cool bonus.

It would change residuals and theorems from USELESS TRASH into a miniscule upgrade for some favorite weapons.

There is no reason to not do this, it would be a solution. It would be a player progression. 

That is a realy a nice solution actually

Archived