Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coed Free-Roam NecraMeching

Canach

Various Questions about Necramechs - Me and my clanmate have just built and are starting to play with Necramechs - I realize this is new content, not fully developed and not well wikied, so wanted to post some general questions:

1. Seems like the fastest way to level/forma them is to do free-roam defense missions in Orb Vallis (like at the Pearl) - solo me and my Umbra-shell had no problem with them, and they seemed about right for me and my clan-mate 2-manned them. Any other leveling advice?
  2. Once you get your mech built - what do you do with them? They seem more suited to OV than to Deimos or PoE, but are people using them mostly in vault runs? They seem pretty awkward.
  3. Why the (whatever) do they not use ArchMelee weapons?!!  Necramech melee - "come here, let me claw at you with my left hand" - it's that whole undead thang, right? 
  4. There seem to be no stats anywhere in-game or in-wiki for their "melee" attack - damage, range, speed - not even for the Boned Widow who is the "melee version"?  Does anyone have this info, or feel like they can approximate?
  5. Seems to me that my maxed Kuva Anyanga is vastly superior to my maxed recoil-cursed Mausolon - are any of  the other NecraMech weapons any better? The stats I'm reading don't impress me...
  6. Is the Boned Widow any better or worse than the Voidrig? How do they compare? - would really like to hear from people who have actually built both of them, looking for in-game 'feel' as much as anything.

Please do not bother responding to say necromechs suck - That's not really helpful information, and not one of the question I asked - thanks! 🍺:redveil:

29 minutes ago, Canach said:
  1. Why the (whatever) do they not use ArchMelee weapons?!!  Necramech melee - "come here, let me claw at you with my left hand" - it's that whole undead thang, right? 

It was stated that the animations were a problem, like the Knux, that uses two hands to hold the weapon, or the Agkuza which is way too big to be held by a mech

1. Seems to me that my maxed Kuva Anyanga is vastly superior to my maxed recoil-cursed Mausolon - are any of  the other NecraMech weapons any better? The stats I'm reading don't impress me...

Idk how the Anyanga performs, as I never bothered with it, but the Mausolon & Morgha are extremely good

1. Is the Boned Widow any better or worse than the Voidrig? How do they compare? - would really like to hear from people who have actually built both of them, looking for in-game 'feel' as much as anything.

Bonewidow is way worse that Voidrig:

Her 1 is useless as you can just equip Umbra with Rejuvenation for health, & you could also put Protea's Dispensary on him for both energy & health

Her 2 is very inconsistant, as it only protects you if the damage hits the shield & not just in the general area in front of you, while Voidrig is a 360° invulnerability

Her 3 is atrocious, the lift status effect they added as a buff isn't worth the energy cost for using it

& her 4 is very slow & does way less damage that Voidrig's Siege Mode

Overall, don't bother with her unless you want the MR points

22 minutes ago, Canach said:

Seems like the fastest way to level/forma them is to do free-roam defense missions

I keep doing Iso Vaults on Deimos for that.

23 minutes ago, Canach said:

Once you get your mech built - what do you do with them?

Live out your WH40K fantasies or just go stomp stuff.

23 minutes ago, Canach said:

There seem to be no stats anywhere in-game or in-wiki for their "melee" attack

I am 100% positive it doesn't even do damage. Like, even Bonewidow, the melee mech, doesn't have a melee weapon. The only thing "melee" about her is her 4.

24 minutes ago, Canach said:

Seems to me that my maxed Kuva Anyanga is vastly superior to my maxed recoil-cursed Mausolon

You're doing something wrong, then. My crit Mausolon's alt fire can deal orange crits beyond a million damage. 500K+ crits are normal for that.

Only thing that's arguably bad about is the primary fire. But, it has 300 shots in the mag and properly modded it's still pretty damn strong. Like, my Mausolon deals what feels like 40 times more damage to the profit taker than any other archgun I own. Only real shortcoming of Mausolon is that primary fire doesn't have any AoE.

28 minutes ago, Canach said:

Is the Boned Widow any better or worse than the Voidrig? How do they compare? - would really like to hear from people who have actually built both of them, looking for in-game 'feel' as much as anything.

Bonewidow*

I got both. Voidrig's 4 is still pretty much the closest thing to a Nuke Launcher you'll get in this game. And his 2 (the shield) is also great.

Bonewidow on the other hand has a front facing shield with infinite duration but limited health (about 4K once modded iirc). However, her 1 can restore health, her 3 stuns stuff and lines it up for you, and your 4 can shred anything that's not a Eximus Jugulus since it has great Crit potential.

Overall I think Bonewidow is better. Looks better, feels better, and I just really like spamming my Mausolon while holding up the shield like i'm some Spartan holding a very long spear.

25 minutes ago, Canach said:

Seems like the fastest way to level/forma them is to do free-roam defense missions in Orb Vallis (like at the Pearl) - solo me and my Umbra-shell had no problem with them, and they seemed about right for me and my clan-mate 2-manned them. Any other leveling advice?

None I'm aware of for now, but they're going to be usable in regular missions very shortly (there's going to be a special devstream likely including this on the 16th), so that will likely make things smoother.

Once you get your mech built - what do you do with them? They seem more suited to OV than to Deimos or PoE, but are people using them mostly in vault runs? They seem pretty awkward.

I've largely been using mine as extra firepower and an extra health bar. Again, the use will be expanded pretty shortly. 

Why the (whatever) do they not use ArchMelee weapons?!!  Necramech melee - "come here, let me claw at you with my left hand" - it's that whole undead thang, right? 

Why? Animation limits probably, since Arch-melee's have quite a few setups (you have a scythe, a couple 'arm attachments', regular swords, dual fists...)

As for why their melee is so pathetic... good question.

Bonewidow gets an exalted sword though.

30 minutes ago, Canach said:

There seem to be no stats anywhere in-game or in-wiki for their "melee" attack - damage, range, speed - not even for the Boned Widow who is the "melee version"?  Does anyone have this info, or feel like they can approximate?

No idea for the regular version, aside from it being a weak pat that the enemy throws themselves away from out of pity.

Bonewidow's sword does have a lot of damage though.

31 minutes ago, Canach said:

Seems to me that my maxed Kuva Anyanga is vastly superior to my maxed recoil-cursed Mausolon - are any of  the other NecraMech weapons any better? The stats I'm reading don't impress me...

I personally use the Mausolon primarily, but that was before they fixed up reloads. Primarily for aesthetics, though.

I tested the Grenade Launcher in the PTC, and whilst I didn't give it very thorough testing, it seemed alright.

32 minutes ago, Canach said:

Is the Boned Widow any better or worse than the Voidrig? How do they compare? - would really like to hear from people who have actually built both of them, looking for in-game 'feel' as much as anything.

Bone widow definitely started as the weaker of the two, by a long shot. I'm not sure where she stands overall though.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Any other leveling advice?

I don't know about any.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

what do you do with them? They seem more suited to OV than to Deimos or PoE, but are people using them mostly in vault runs?

Use them for whatever. It really isn't all that different from a warframe. It's bigger and less mobile but due to the infinite ammo archgun they can dish out damage pretty reliably. Mostly I use them in vaults and as I saw it other players do the same. Not surprising since infested come in big numbers and Both mechs can easily deal with them.

Anyways they are usable for pretty much any mission types. Not the best. But they get the job done.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Why the (whatever) do they not use ArchMelee weapons?!!  Necramech melee - "come here, let me claw at you with my left hand" - it's that whole undead thang, right? 

Simply because DE has to remake the animation for them and that would be a lot of work. So we have only guns.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Seems to me that my maxed Kuva Anyanga is vastly superior to my maxed recoil-cursed Mausolon - are any of  the other NecraMech weapons any better? The stats I'm reading don't impress me...

I have the Ayanga but compared to the mausolon it feels pretty weak to me. Especially on Deimos. The mausolon has a lot of ammo and damage and the alt fire is very powerful. Tho that is true about any of the Entrati weapons.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Bonewidow can be tankier since it has more health and armor. And it also has health regeneration, which is cheaper than StormShroud and on top of that it doesn't need to soak up damage. I didn't have any problems on SteelPath missions with Bonewidow.

When it comes to Voidrig, damage vise, it's hard to compete with it. But Storm Shroud is really not great. Costs more than MeatHook and It has to soak up some damage to be truely useful. And even after that it won't protect you for long unless you fight an other Voidrig and soak up the reflected damage.

I think if Bonewidow would do as much damage with IronBride as Voidrig does with the Arquebex, Bonewidow would be better.

2 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

It was stated that the animations were a problem, like the Knux, that uses two hands to hold the weapon, or the Agkuza which is way too big to be held by a mech

I wish they hadn't teased us with it, then. The dioramas at Digital Tennocon had at least one Necramech using the Veritux

3 hours ago, Canach said:

Various Questions about Necramechs - Me and my clanmate have just built and are starting to play with Necramechs - I realize this is new content, not fully developed and not well wikied, so wanted to post some general questions:

1. Seems like the fastest way to level/forma them is to do free-roam defense missions in Orb Vallis (like at the Pearl) - solo me and my Umbra-shell had no problem with them, and they seemed about right for me and my clan-mate 2-manned them. Any other leveling advice?
  2. Once you get your mech built - what do you do with them? They seem more suited to OV than to Deimos or PoE, but are people using them mostly in vault runs? They seem pretty awkward.
  3. Why the (whatever) do they not use ArchMelee weapons?!!  Necramech melee - "come here, let me claw at you with my left hand" - it's that whole undead thang, right? 
  4. There seem to be no stats anywhere in-game or in-wiki for their "melee" attack - damage, range, speed - not even for the Boned Widow who is the "melee version"?  Does anyone have this info, or feel like they can approximate?
  5. Seems to me that my maxed Kuva Anyanga is vastly superior to my maxed recoil-cursed Mausolon - are any of  the other NecraMech weapons any better? The stats I'm reading don't impress me...
  6. Is the Boned Widow any better or worse than the Voidrig? How do they compare? - would really like to hear from people who have actually built both of them, looking for in-game 'feel' as much as anything.

Please do not bother responding to say necromechs suck - That's not really helpful information, and not one of the question I asked - thanks! 🍺:redveil:

6 - Bonewidow is much weaker than Voidrig that it isn't even funny to joke about it. It is just cruel.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Canach:

The main purpose of the Voidrig is probably to serve as a weapon platform for arch guns and give them unlimited ammo. Also the Guard Mode can be absurdly powerful.

The main purpose of the Bonewidow is to serve as a bad example to others.

16 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I wish they hadn't teased us with it, then. The dioramas at Digital Tennocon had at least one Necramech using the Veritux

They were most likely still figuring things out at that time, until they realised how complicated or impossible it was to make all archmelees work with mechs

The Veritux could also have been a placeholder for Ironbride

1. when the thermia event comes up, do a 4 canister run. You will lvl up fairly quick.

6. Voidrig is WAY better, bonewidov even after changes and improvements stills fels powerless compared with voidrig. But i cant say yet is bad, suposedly there will be an event or at last we will able to spawn them in regular missions(still in dev, thats why to the first question is still the thermia)

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

You're doing something wrong, then. My crit Mausolon's alt fire can deal orange crits beyond a million damage. 500K+ crits are normal for that

Build please?

TBF, I built for primary fire, below is my current build:

• Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel [R9], Dual Rounds,
  • Automatic Trigger, Sabot Rounds
  • Parallax Scope, Hollowed Bullets
  • Electrified Barrel, (Polar Magazine OR Venomous Clip)

Also, when you say orange crits, on a gun with a 50% (alt-fire) crit chance, and only one crit +30% mod available, your orange crits are coming form where?

Also, also:

Anybody got any feedback on the Cortege or Morgha?

21 minutes ago, Canach said:

Build please?

TBF, I built for primary fire, below is my current build:

• Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel [R9], Dual Rounds,
  • Automatic Trigger, Sabot Rounds
  • Parallax Scope, Hollowed Bullets
  • Electrified Barrel, (Polar Magazine OR Venomous Clip)

Also, when you say orange crits, on a gun with a 50% (alt-fire) crit chance, and only one crit +30% mod available, your orange crits are coming form where?

KmCZv8G.jpg

My alt fire has a 100% crit chance. So I always am guaranteed yellow crits. However, I occasionally get orange ones that have multiple times more damage.

As for where exactly those come from, I honestly don't know. Actually I think it's the Critical Focus mod. +60% crit when aiming.

Thanks!  - yeah, I didn't know we had 60%/60% mods for the archguns now - will need to get the set! Critical Focus I have, but haven't used yet...

I will give the Mausolon another chance - any thoughts on the Cortege or Morgha?

Just now, Canach said:

any thoughts on the Cortege or Morgha?

I never bothered with the Cortege - seems like a copy/paste of the Ignis to me, only less cool.

As for Morgha, I'm trying to build it, but RNGesus won't give me the stock and receiver. Stats-wise, I heard it's basically a weaker Ayanga, but the alt-fire is absolutely lethal.

Also, those sounds, man.

4 minutes ago, Canach said:

Thanks!  - yeah, I didn't know we had 60%/60% mods for the archguns now - will need to get the set! Critical Focus I have, but haven't used yet...

I will give the Mausolon another chance - any thoughts on the Cortege or Morgha?

Cortege is fodder at best

As or the Morgha vs Mausolon, I tested both in the simulacrum just yesterday:

Morgha does more damage & is way better on Mechs, while the Mausolon is better against single heavily armored units, since getting headshots with the Morgha is a pain

(I didn't try Corpus)

In short, I prefer the Morgha on Mechs, & the Mausolon on foot/archwing

Oh yeah I forgot one thing.

Currently Bonewidow is bugged and often the sword uses up extra energy when you swing it.

So I would advise you to not get or use her yet because the melee doesn't work as it should. Once they give it an other round of buffs and fixes she should be fine.

Currently her cc and tankines is not a problem. If you know what you're doing. Looking at other comments people really don't know how to handle her.

6 hours ago, Canach said:

1) and 2) . There is a good reason you see everyone leveling their mech at iso vault, as enemy would continually respawn over and over in the period between after all enemy necramech killed and loid cracking the vault. That is why a farming exp party would first kill enemy mech, then keep killing stuff without activate Loid or leaving the area. You can basically stay there till your mech maxed

3) . yes normal mech melee suck right now, just ignore it.

4) Bonewidow have her (it's her right?) melee weapon as an exalted weapon, which mean you do not see it until she's rank 10+, the same with all exalted weapons in the game, Voidrig also have his insane gun "hidden" this way.

5) I haven't really dwell into stats of the gun yet, but from my experience, it is somewhat preferable to have mausolon while doing iso vault simply because it projectile flying faster and secure the defense pod better from those "sniper" purple infested crawler than ayagan. The exalted gun you gonna have with Voidrig is gonna out damaged both anyway.

6) Bonewidow .... do not feel good to use at all currently, she have better defense stats yes, but ironically also squishier than Voidrig in a lot of case. You would need to play Bonewidow in a very precarious way right now because if you ever forget to deactivate her 4th before transferring out to operator, it will bug, and you will need to cast her 1 and 2 to fix the bug stem from her having 3 different melee mode. .... just ... just stick with voidrig

Thanks for all the responses, Cheers! 🍺

Hopefully we'll get Archmelee eventually, in the meantime I will claw at anyone who get too close!

(If anyone else feels like posting please do, I'll be watching the thead for a while yet.)

I've been hitting up enrichment labs on Venus. Might as well get a few toroids while levelling this stuff. 

I'd hang around in Deimos vaults but infested just shreds your mech and they're too damn slow to dodge and react to keep them away from you.

I dont even bother using Bonewidow abilities. Much easier to just mow stuff down with a Mauselon with a fire rate mod equipped

Fastest way to rank up Necramechs that I'm aware of are quadruple Thermia Fissures. I typically bring Nekros to desecrate and use Vazarin to recover the Mech, Umbra probably offers more support though, IDK if Wuclone will attend you. I've considered bringing Slowva or Saryn to boost damage too. 

By the time you acquire all the Necramech stuff and rank it all up though, you'll probably have exhausted all the content you can use it on, after I finished Bonewidow, I was ready to drop the game as a whole. Five reformats of a wonky mech was enough...

They need to get the Archmelees on there, honestly the Necramech melee is a joke, don't use any of the mods, they only affect the little arm swings, not the Ironbride. IDK what they were thinking when they made those mods, now that we have more mods and better access, they are useless. You have unlimited ammo on mechs, so there's never an acceptable reason to swing your Necraclaw. Even fully modded it's trash. 

It's really not that complicated to add archmelee, they can just use the same animations as Ironbride, use only one Knux, and prohibit any problem choices till later. At the very least, they should give the Necraclaw the Garuda treatment and make it a separate moddable weapon till you can equip a proper one. But than, Bonewidow also has a shield, I suppose it could copy the claws mods. 

I'll have to try Anyang. As for comparison, Voidrig is tremendously superior. Bonewidow just doesn't have enough tactical movement to keep up with Arquebex. That said, with Ironbride out, your slide attacks adopt your melee attacks damage, so the best way to deal damage with Bonewidow is to equip the general and slide efficiency mods, then do a bunch of slide bys on the enemy. You can even line them up then do a slide. 

Bonewidow and Necramechs in general still need a lot of work, at least Bonewidow is usable now. But they both need some method or tactic to handle Steel Path. And the Archmelees are definitely desired. Beyond that, Ironbride needs more interesting effects and melee combo entertainment. And they need to find a way to make Meathook and Shield Maiden function together, I've been asking for an extra arm or two on Bonewidow, just for Meathook. 

On 2020-12-07 at 3:37 AM, Canach said:

If anyone else feels like posting please do, I'll be watching the thead for a while yet.

Welp, I got my hands on Morgha now.

Can confirm it's basically a worse Ayanga, but the alt-fire is brutal.

Overall I'd say it's great for mechs but in AW I'll stick to Mausolon because Morgha in AW has horrible projecticle speed, making you miss shots at point-blank.

Le 07/12/2020 à 08:09, BahamutKaiser a dit :

Fastest way to rank up Necramechs that I'm aware of are quadruple Thermia Fissures. I typically bring Nekros to desecrate and use Vazarin to recover the Mech, Umbra probably offers more support though, IDK if Wuclone will attend you. I've considered bringing Slowva or Saryn to boost damage too. 

This. Nekros (desacrate) + Vazarin while leveling in Fortuna is ok, it provides health, energy and toroids

For leveling, I'm still running an Orb Vallis defense circuit

• Orokin Digs
  • Central Maint
  • Grow Site
  • Fab Temple
  • Pearl

It's a nice-paced circuit that gets me about 15 levels in (guessing about 20 minutes?) I like the open areas and ranged combat so much better than trying to use this guy on Deimos.

I've come up with a build plan, but I still have a few forma to go:

• Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber
  • Flow
  • Thrusters, Efficiency, Sliding, Efficiency, Jump Height
  • Pressure Point, Reach, Fury

I know I might get more mileage out of Intensify, Stretch, and Duration, than the Melee mods, but 30% is pretty underwhelming improvement vs maybe I can improve my left-handed-scratch a little bit - in case I encounter infesteds...

Archived