DOJO Decoration Ideas and how DE could implement them

The-Primordial-One

Just thought I'd drop these here because I've recently returned to warframe after a couple months break, and I've wanted to put more time into my dojo as I have some new ideas due to the new decorations I see here, but no way to really push them to the potential I envision.

So to list some suggestions for stuff that could be added, as I know DE loves to play around with their lighting and QOL so much...

1. Custom Skyboxes:
I'm not sure if anyone else thinks about this, but for those of us who run solo/small clans, a Dojo is pretty much your own personal housing scheme, and in other games, particularly mmo's, the housing sometimes comes in a manner of "location". for example, in star wars the old republic we have houses we can purchase and decorate, these houses and their environments consist of the "house" itself and the outside area, a basic template in theory for a house and a yard, all of which can be decorated, but not to the extent that a game like warframe allows with coloring and lighting effects and what not. Anyway, if you're wondering where I'm heading with this, I'd like us to be able to change the outside location of our dojo, instead of just having it floating around in the middle of empty space, what if we could perhaps select an "outside" atmosphere, as a skybox, such as for example, jupiter, that would make a lovely skybox especially for my dojo's color scheme, its clouds and sunlight outside would provide a lot more use for the additions of the Open Space "rooms".  We could even have one on earth for example, and down below if you were to look down, perhaps you could see a massive backdrop of grassland and water bodies, how this "physically" would make sense for the dojo when looking down could be left up to us and our imagination. It would also provide a lot more quality of "life" to our dojos themselves as it gives voluntary context to how we decorate and complements the insides.

2. Ground/Wall/ceiling custom texturing and individual coloring.
What I'm referring to by this is, I've noticed upon my return that we now have an infested and orokin Room tileset, these 2 in particular are what I've personally needed, despite some of the blue lighting not changing to what color I set (please fix this). This made me think, if we will now be receiving dojo rooms that are themed like this, what if we got "texture" packs for our rooms, for example, textures we could apply to existing room/hall templates, such as "soil" "ice" "rock" "sand" etc. 
Furthermore what would be very convenient is being able to individually color each part of the room, so perhaps, applying said textures only to the walls or floor if we need to, as well as coloring the "accents" a certain color without it affecting parts of the room we don't want it to. This would make a lot of sense for those of us putting grass on our floors, it really looks clunky when you have grass just coming up out of....metal? Hopefully you see my point.

3. Customizing object colors
This one speaks for itself, Lets say for example I like the design of an object but dont particularly like its colors, this would provide a lot more use for items some of us would otherwise discard, I'm sure you've seen it, dojos with a cluster of objects being used together because they make sense in concept, but in appearance just loses credibility in terms of what they want us to think they're building. the same way I can customize everything on my frame so I'm not suck looking at a color I don't like, would be highly appreciated If I could feel the same way about my dojo and the decorations I put a lot of resources, plat, and time into. Rooms like that new Orokin room as well, maybe you like gold, maybe I'm not as big a fan, simply being able to tweak that factor would really provide so much more room for experimentation and artistic potential.

4. Music/atmospheric sounds.
I'm sure this also speaks for itself, but we're able to play themes from maps and what not, even octavia, in our orbiters, and our friends who visit them can also hear it, imagine how much aesthetic potential would be brought to the table if we could also add ambient sound, like the sounds of infested to go with that room template, or the orokin music, the sound of crowds chattering from fortuna/cetus, the michael bay noises from infested ships, or just the music from any of these, we could apply them to rooms or the entire dojo as a whole, preferably of course, both options would be delightful. Finally for those of us who love to throw parties or lounge around, It'd be nice to be able to blast our octavia music there as well, even better if the implementation of this isnt a physical object that needs to be placed.

5.  Animated ally/enemy npc decorations
I think you guys know this one is very possible, lets say you're a small clan, the only one decorating, and when you're done, it looks good but feels empty, DE loves quality of life so much, picture your dojo with grineer/corpus/infested/sentients, whatever enemy or ally unit/npc you can think of busily roaming around your dojos the way you have those "workers" for the railjack dock. It'd really be nice to just pull something from the simulacrum and plant it in my dojo, maybe set it to "hostile/friendly" for immersive purposes. I'd love to have some of those infested deimos enemies roaming around my dojo, or sentients floating around.

Anyone else share the enthusiasm of how far our dojos could be taken with these ideas?

Hi there @The-Primordial-One^^
Since you are sharing some interesting Dojo-Decoration ideas here, I wanted to take the opportunity to remind you of this thread:

So in short: DE is already looking into different Dojo QoL improvements (e.g. NPC-decorations, more Skybox options) and so far it already looks pretty promising imo! That said, I wouldn't mind to have even more options when it comes to filling an empty dojo with a little bit more flair&life :)

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

20 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

Hi there @The-Primordial-One^^
Since you are sharing some interesting Dojo-Decoration ideas here, I wanted to take the opportunity to remind you of this thread:

So in short: DE is already looking into different Dojo QoL improvements (e.g. NPC-decorations, more Skybox options) and so far it already looks pretty promising imo! That said, I wouldn't mind to have even more options when it comes to filling an empty dojo with a little bit more flair&life :)

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Ah! I dont use forums here often, didn't know about this thread, thanks for sharing

Archived