Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't find the "Crash-Handler." Where is it?

Jayxe56

Question

8 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Jayxe56 said:

As of today (12/6/2020) I get this upon opening the launcher, and I cannot play Warframe:
https://imgur.com/a/fbPUjHE

Can anyone help?

Its a pop up window very similar to the ones you see when you install a program. Has a "WAR-(RANDOM NUMBER)" that has vital info for them to track down bugs. If you are testing DX12 beta, maybe you should look into this:  

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Its a pop up window very similar to the ones you see when you install a program. Has a "WAR-(RANDOM NUMBER)" that has vital info for them to track down bugs. If you are testing DX12 beta, maybe you should look into this: 

I don't think that helps, as I get no popup. I switched it back to DX11 but it still just goes right to that window that says to run the Crash-handler, but I don't know where that crash handler is.

Just now, Jayxe56 said:

I don't think that helps, as I get no popup. I switched it back to DX11 but it still just goes right to that window that says to run the Crash-handler, but I don't know where that crash handler is.

What I told you is the crash handler, but ou aren't getting it for some reason. I advice you to contact support explaining this problem in detail (like, tell them you were using DX 12, details help a lot) and giving detail about that crash widow not appearing at all. Maybe they know how to solve this, but it's going to take a while. In the meantime, you are using steam or the standalone version? Check the integrity of the data if you can. I don't know if it's going to help you but maybe you could gather more data to add in your ticket.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

What I told you is the crash handler, but ou aren't getting it for some reason. I advice you to contact support explaining this problem in detail (like, tell them you were using DX 12, details help a lot) and giving detail about that crash widow not appearing at all. Maybe they know how to solve this, but it's going to take a while. In the meantime, you are using steam or the standalone version? Check the integrity of the data if you can. I don't know if it's going to help you but maybe you could gather more data to add in your ticket.

Ya I guess I'm not getting it. I don't know how to find the WAR number they are asking for. I am running it on steam, and the option to verify the files is greyed out, and when I go to optimize/change from DX12 to DX11 it still just goes to that "update failed" window. I tried reinstalling as well, and it just keeps failing to update.

Just now, Jayxe56 said:

Ya I guess I'm not getting it. I don't know how to find the WAR number they are asking for. I am running it on steam, and the option to verify the files is greyed out, and when I go to optimize/change from DX12 to DX11 it still just goes to that "update failed" window. I tried reinstalling as well, and it just keeps failing to update.

This is the only way I found to help you out, I apologize in advance for what your eyes are about to see but...

Sin descripción disponible.

the window kinda look like this but weel done. You need that window to have a WAR number.

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

This is the only way I found to help you out, I apologize in advance for what your eyes are about to see but...

Sin descripción disponible.

the window kinda look like this but weel done. You need that window to have a WAR number.

Lol, I appreciate the determination, but literally the only thing that pops up is that image I linked in my original post. Nothing else, other than this exact text:

Update failed!

The preprocess pass appeared to crash.

If possible please step through the crash-handler and note the WAR-number you were given when it completed.

Please contact support at http://support.warframe.com/ and include the WAR-number for further assistance.

The update will be restarted shortly...

5 minutes ago, Jayxe56 said:

Lol, I appreciate the determination, but literally the only thing that pops up is that image I linked in my original post. Nothing else, other than this exact text:

Update failed!

The preprocess pass appeared to crash.

If possible please step through the crash-handler and note the WAR-number you were given when it completed.

Please contact support at http://support.warframe.com/ and include the WAR-number for further assistance.

The update will be restarted shortly...

I do believe you, that's why you should send a ticket regardless to the support team, since they need to follow your case even if you don't have a WAR number.

Archived