Lich Resurrection

General_Durandal

"Arms. Legs. Organs. There is nothing you can take from that I cannot replace. No Hell you can consign me to from which the blood of the Queens cannot retrieve me."

"The dismemberment you subjected me to was not my first. Will not be my last. Death is no solution to the problem of me."

"I am no stranger to the lands beyond Death. It is a sunless place, in a direction you cannot point to. Soon... you shall reside there."

I think Liches that you Vanquish should be able to come back to life occasionally.

Perhaps a new tile in the Kuva Fortress,
some sort of Lich Mausoleum where the "dead" Lichs are stored.

Somewhere there would be a computer you can access,
that you can choose of your vanquished Liches and revive them.

That way you can get their Weapon,
then if you liked them can friend them later too.
Or maybe a friend wants one of your Vanquished liches.

~

I Vanquished Corr Fett, for his Twin Stubbas,
but really wanted to friend him.

A friend also had a Lich they wanted to friend, but killed them for their weapon instead.

I don't know how I feel about this.

The whole thing about choosing to either vanquish or convert a defeated Lich is that it is supposed to be a choice with consequences- either you get the weapon or you get the summon, not both. Letting players get the benefit from the choice they didn't take undermines that and I'm not sure I like that.

Just now, Cobalt313 said:

I don't know how I feel about this.

The whole thing about choosing to either vanquish or convert a defeated Lich is that it is supposed to be a choice with consequences- either you get the weapon or you get the summon, not both. Letting players get the benefit from the choice they didn't take undermines that and I'm not sure I like that.

You could make it that the Kuva Lich isn't a 'true' lich anymore? So you destroyed their Kuva Phylactry, but they're still alive. Maybe they can team up with another lich when you create one as a quirk, tied to their life force and die when they die or become converted; or be a one-time assassin encounter, without the ability to convert them. 

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

You could make it that the Kuva Lich isn't a 'true' lich anymore? So you destroyed their Kuva Phylactry, but they're still alive. Maybe they can team up with another lich when you create one as a quirk, tied to their life force and die when they die or become converted; or be a one-time assassin encounter, without the ability to convert them. 

I was going to say something about how you couldn't have missed my point any harder if you stood on the opposite end of the planet from it and fired into space, but now I kinda like the idea Liches having a possible Quirk that makes it so when they are Vanquished they return as a vengeful "minion" to your next Lich at the cost of being permanently killable.

33 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

I was going to say something about how you couldn't have missed my point any harder if you stood on the opposite end of the planet from it and fired into space,

Can I just take a moment to appreciate this? This is a really fun metaphor.

1 hour ago, Cobalt313 said:

I was going to say something about how you couldn't have missed my point any harder if you stood on the opposite end of the planet from it and fired into space, but now I kinda like the idea Liches having a possible Quirk that makes it so when they are Vanquished they return as a vengeful "minion" to your next Lich at the cost of being permanently killable.

Glad you like the idea.

Archived