Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Mode should be part of Steel Path. No Opt out.

Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

We're discussing OP's idea, are we not? If there's a Stalker mode with no opt-out, removing pause from solo is necessary.

"Host migration or worse"? Why have a host migration at all? It's not like Stalker player will play the mission instead of host player. Leaving would just kick Stalker player back to his base and score an automatic win.

That is true, but the opt-out vs no opt-out has been hotly debated in several other threads well before this one.  Both sides have valid points, but no matter which way it's sliced forcing opt-in on everyone when there are many who want nothing to do with the system has higher potential to breed toxicity.  Also, you are assuming that it would result in the win for the player stalker, when it's probably more realistic that it would result in the player stalker getting a loss/nothing since they did not kill a target, and therefore be a waste of their time.  Unless it's been blatantly stated somewhere that I haven't seen, I just don't see DE granting them the win for essentially doing nothing - people can't join squads after certain points in missions/bounties, presumably as a means to prevent people from joining and having all objectives mostly/already completed and just have a free ticket to extraction + mission rewards, I don't see why it would be any different for the player stalker.

37 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

Also, you are assuming that it would result in the win for the player stalker, when it's probably more realistic that it would result in the player stalker getting a loss/nothing since they did not kill a target, and therefore be a waste of their time.

Nah, I'm assuming Stalker mode will never be available to players. If it will, it'll most likely be an opt-out.

Everything else is my suggestions for a very unlikely case.

On 2020-12-10 at 8:34 PM, Drasiel said:

Warframe has dark souls-esque invasions in only a technical sense: The devs have access to a system where instead of AI stalker a dev can take control of stalker and play him as you would a warframe with the goal of killing players. It's been used at tennocon and during a couple streams. Players have never had access to it although there have been a lot of requests to have it added to the game. I don't see anything wrong with adding it, as long as it's an opt in system.

Wait...why would any Developer want to play Warframe ? :O

Maybe it's a punishment. Anybody who shows low performance at DE has to wear the Stalker Suit and get gang banged by a bunch of Messa's :O !!!

Why?

Considering how spongey Stalker and the Acolytes can be in Steel Path, probably a lot of players would rather opt for a more squishy, but player controlled Stalker/Acolyte system.

It would be both faster, more fun and less cheesy.

But something would have to be done about operator cheese and broken frame abilities and their behavior while fighting them.

Archived