Suggestion: setting to skip end mission cut scene and results.

And_Sum

Hi I do a lot of star chart missions per day in Warframe and I realize that I see the ending cut scene and mission results a lot. You know the one where you get into the pod? It was great when I was new to the game but it gets annoying seeing the same scenes over and over again. Hence I think it would be great if we get a setting in interface settings to skip cut scene and the mission results.

What if some times you want to see the mission results? Well in that case the game already has a last mission result button when you press escape.

What about for new players? Well by default you can turn the setting to skip cut scene and mission results off and people can turn it on when they feel like they have a good understanding of how the game works.

Why is this even important?

You see, I play the game in solo single player mode most of the time and I have a really fast SSD like 2400mb read and 2200mb write. Oh and my internet is pretty fast too. For this reason my load times are usually around 1-2 seconds long. In comparison the cut scene and results are 15 plus seconds which makes it unbearable to watch them over and over again.

Also, some missions I do just for quests and I am left sighing while I spam the escape key to have the result window go away before I start next mission. This pulls me out of the game and is very immersion breaking.

Lastly, I think it would be very easy to implement since the old Warframe system had an option to skip the cut scene.

Implementing this suggestion would make Warframe a more appealing game for anyone using SSDs or playing on PS5/Xbox in the future so please consider it.

17 minutes ago, Ayepple said:

Hi I do a lot of star chart missions per day in Warframe and I realize that I see the ending cut scene and mission results a lot. You know the one where you get into the pod? It was great when I was new to the game but it gets annoying seeing the same scenes over and over again. Hence I think it would be great if we get a setting in interface settings to skip cut scene and the mission results.

What if some times you want to see the mission results? Well in that case the game already has a last mission result button when you press escape.

What about for new players? Well by default you can turn the setting to skip cut scene and mission results off and people can turn it on when they feel like they have a good understanding of how the game works.

Why is this even important?

You see, I play the game in solo single player mode most of the time and I have a really fast SSD like 2400mb read and 2200mb write. Oh and my internet is pretty fast too. For this reason my load times are usually around 1-2 seconds long. In comparison the cut scene and results are 15 plus seconds which makes it unbearable to watch them over and over again.

Also, some missions I do just for quests and I am left sighing while I spam the escape key to have the result window go away before I start next mission. This pulls me out of the game and is very immersion breaking.

Lastly, I think it would be very easy to implement since the old Warframe system had an option to skip the cut scene.

Implementing this suggestion would make Warframe a more appealing game for anyone using SSDs or playing on PS5/Xbox in the future so please consider it.

I am pretty sure this feature exists already. If you play solo, you can press spacebar (I think any button works, but I am not sure) to skip most of the cutscene. It is possible to do few seconds after the cutscene starts.

Important thing to point out:
- It is probably not possible to make it sooner, because there is a hidden loding there, so we cannot skip it right away.
- It is not possible to do while playing in a squad, because all players have to load into the orbiter at the same time, so the game won't let you skip it.

Biggest reason to want to skip it:

Your UI gets broken if a squadmember selects a new mission vote while your game is still loading all the Graphical Garbage in the Cutscene/Results Screen.

A simple, fast loading TEXT based results summary would suffice; I have no need to bog down my console with loading and rendering every squadmates High Detail Mode Model.

14 hours ago, Cerikus said:

I am pretty sure this feature exists already. If you play solo, you can press spacebar (I think any button works, but I am not sure) to skip most of the cutscene. It is possible to do few seconds after the cutscene starts.

- It is probably not possible to make it sooner, because there is a hidden loding there, so we cannot skip it right away.
- It is not possible to do while playing in a squad, because all players have to load into the orbiter at the same time, so the game won't let you skip it.

Pressing spacebar automatically goes to the search window in the ending results screen and filters the rewards because the game thinks you are typing something instead of skipping the cut scene. It is 50/50 chance that it will actually skip the cut scene because I have seen it work on some missions and not on others. Also pressing space does not skip the results screen after you are out of the game. Most of the time I am spamming space and then spamming escape so everything shuts off faster.

I think it would be easier to just turn it all off permanently. Like I said there is a view last mission results button if I ever want to check results.

For the loading issue, for me it takes 1-2 seconds to load but then waiting for the animation cut scene and results to finish takes longer than my loading time. If there were a way for it to not display the results or just use a black loading screen until everything is ready then it would work a lot better.

3 minutes ago, And_Sum said:

Pressing spacebar automatically goes to the search window in the ending results screen and filters the rewards because the game thinks you are typing something instead of skipping the cut scene. It is 50/50 chance that it will actually skip the cut scene because I have seen it work on some missions and not on others. Also pressing space does not skip the results screen after you are out of the game. Most of the time I am spamming space and then spamming escape so everything shuts off faster.

I think it would be easier to just turn it all off permanently. Like I said there is a view last mission results button if I ever want to check results.

For the loading issue, for me it takes 1-2 seconds to load but then waiting for the animation cut scene and results to finish takes longer than my loading time. If there were a way for it to not display the results or just use a black loading screen until everything is ready then it would work a lot better.

I wouldn't personally use it, but I agree that some kind of a toggle to don't display it after you load in could be a good QoL addition for people that don't want to see it. 

The issue with the searchbar being active and you typing in it is a new issue. It is probably unintended, because it appeared with the last hotfix. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

I am not sure about the 50/50 chance for skip of the cutscene. For me it works 10/10 times when I am in a solo mode.

23 hours ago, Cerikus said:

The loading is actually complete before the results screen even shows. I've had occasions where the ship loaded into view very briefly (a fraction of a second) before it threw up the results screen anyway, and if I spam the spacebar when the results screen is loading, I can sometimes hear my frame jumping in the background.

17 hours ago, And_Sum said:

Pressing spacebar automatically goes to the search window in the ending results screen and filters the rewards

there is an argument to turn that off completely - who needs search in the rewards screen, how many different reward drops does anyone have? 2 "pages" at most, ever for me. Single scroll, you can see them all. No need for search whatsoever.

Im sure that ending cutscene is there to "hide" the fact that the game is loading, so it cant be skipped even if you wanted to.

Even if you could hear your warframe move inside the orbitter during the loading screens, it doesnt necessarily mean game has loaded up properly. Could be it hasn't loaded up any textures or models in the orbitter either.

14 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Im sure that ending cutscene is there to "hide" the fact that the game is loading, so it cant be skipped even if you wanted to.

Even if you could hear your warframe move inside the orbitter during the loading screens, it doesnt necessarily mean game has loaded up properly. Could be it hasn't loaded up any textures or models in the orbitter either.

No, it's definitely loaded. I've seen it show me the full orbiter (no missing or blurry textures or models) for a brief fraction of a second before it throws the end of mission crap in my face. We already have a loading screen complete with progress bars before it appears.

7 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

No, it's definitely loaded. I've seen it show me the full orbiter (no missing or blurry textures or models) for a brief fraction of a second before it throws the end of mission crap in my face. We already have a loading screen complete with progress bars before it appears.

Textures etc might not be the only thing its loading though. 

7 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Textures etc might not be the only thing its loading though. 

What else could it be loading? Models and textures will be the largest things by far, then sounds coming shortly afterward (and I know they're loaded because I heard my character jumping). Scripts will be absolutely tiny in comparison and seeing as how the mandatory end of mission crap takes about as long as the entire loading screen beforehand, it can't be that.

On 2020-12-07 at 9:58 AM, Cerikus said:

On 2020-12-08 at 9:20 PM, xombob89 said:

don't think that's right because immediately after that Extraction Cutscene you go right into the Actual loading Screen so I doubt there's some background Loading while that's happening....

Even if there was...

An Option to disable the Background Loading in favour of the Actual Loading Screen would still be nice for Players such as OP...because the Loading Screen doesn't have a fixed Duration like the Cutscene does.

In any case if they can make it optional then there's no reason not to give him/her what he/she wants...

Archived