Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please decrease volume of Xaku's Grasp of Lohk

Berzerkules

I have not played Xaku since he was initially released because the sound of Grasp of Lohk. Since he was recently reworked I've decided to give him a second try. I really like his kit but I can't play them more than 20 minutes at a time unless I turn audio down to almost inaudible volumes.

It's just too loud.  I don't see the point of having one ability that drowns out almost all other in game sounds. It also sounds like a dozen people all playing the drums at the same time but not a single one has any rhythm.

It already takes up the left side of my screen so it's visually busy, when paired with the audio it's too much to handle.

The only audio options that effect it are master volume and sound effects volume. If I adjust either of those I'm just turning everything down and Grasp of Lohk is still the only thing I can hear. 

9 hours ago, chaotea said:

I've made him my main frame, and i have to say i've not noticed it being any louder than other warframe abilities.

Really? Maybe it's just the fact that it's a constant sound with no rhythm that makes me hear nothing else. It just drowns out every other sound. I can't notice anything else.  

13 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Really? Maybe it's just the fact that it's a constant sound with no rhythm that makes me hear nothing else. It just drowns out every other sound. I can't notice anything else.  

Constant? It only sounds when you activate the ability, and using the ults mechanic shouldnt need refreshing more than every 5 min.

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Constant? It only sounds when you activate the ability, and using the ults mechanic shouldnt need refreshing more than every 5 min.

It's the constant fire of the weapons not the casting of the ability. 

I've been playing xaku a lot recently (about 40h total play time) and I have to turn in game sound down and have music on to drown it out. The gun fire of Grasp is way louder than regular gun fire and it's just constant. There is no pattern to it. 

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

It's the constant fire of the weapons not the casting of the ability. 

I've been playing xaku a lot recently (about 40h total play time) and I have to turn in game sound down and have music on to drown it out. The gun fire of Grasp is way louder than regular gun fire and it's just constant. There is no pattern to it. 

Oh ok, my miss understanding. I will confess the sound of the guns can be alittle louder than usual, and wouldnt hurt to make the sound of the shots quieter.

On 2020-12-07 at 4:01 AM, Berzerkules said:

I have not played Xaku since he was initially released because the sound of Grasp of Lohk. Since he was recently reworked I've decided to give him a second try. I really like his kit but I can't play them more than 20 minutes at a time unless I turn audio down to almost inaudible volumes.

It's just too loud.  I don't see the point of having one ability that drowns out almost all other in game sounds. It also sounds like a dozen people all playing the drums at the same time but not a single one has any rhythm.

It already takes up the left side of my screen so it's visually busy, when paired with the audio it's too much to handle.

The only audio options that effect it are master volume and sound effects volume. If I adjust either of those I'm just turning everything down and Grasp of Lohk is still the only thing I can hear. 

I agree. It does seem a little too loud.

EDIT: I'm not bothered so much by the replicas shooting... just the initial cast to steal weapons seems unusually loud.

Actually there are so many weapons that make me mute my speakers. Mechs, Archguns, and new explosive weapons. It so loud I cannot even hear the the enemies or on disruptions the Demos.

Its funny the bramma was the worse when launched. After it was fixed lots of other weapons started doing the boom boom boom scaling sounds of death.

They need a slider in sound screen, weapon effects outside of sound effects.

16 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Actually there are so many weapons that make me mute my speakers. Mechs, Archguns, and new explosive weapons. It so loud I cannot even hear the the enemies or on disruptions the Demos.

Its funny the bramma was the worse when launched. After it was fixed lots of other weapons started doing the boom boom boom scaling sounds of death.

I do the same thing. If weapons are too loud I either don't use them or turn the sound down even more than I already have. 

DE seems to love making aoe weapons that blind and deafen their players. 

Archived