Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters and Transference (inspired by In mission Necramechs)

DeeDeetheSpy

I've been thinking about this for a bit now since the talk of in mission necramech use, But I was thinking it would be interesting to have a Specter 2.0 pass done. First thing would be getting rid of the the 3 tier specter system. It feels kinda silly to me and doesn't make that much of a difference it seems. I never did the Dark sector Rail things back when they were a thing but I am sure it meant something then, but this is an artifact of that and doesn't seem to make much difference now. My suggestion would be just having 4 load out slots you can assign to actual load out slots you have. Maybe have it combined in with the whole "Umbra" thing. Umbra takes control of the specter for you. Can use that resource from Lua involved some how. 

The core thing is though is to have the ability to use your transferance and take over the specter. Maybe having Umbra take over the core frame for you and can do limited abilities while when you're in control you have full access. This would be fun I think, to mix up game play, to make it apply to all the specters. Give us a chance to be silly and play as Clem Clone, the Heavy Gunner, or the roller ball. Give each of these 1 or 2 abilities like Throw grenade, Deploy/redeploy shield drones, Or tentical grab a distant enemy. Nothing game changing but just fun to break up and do new things with the game play. I have a strong belief that not everything needs to be power creep but there are times to be meme-y for laughs is welcome. I often think of games like Fortnate or TF when I see players getting tired of trying to try hard win and instead be like, "I am going to give everyone that comes to me and taunt a sandwich!"

The other thing I thought about is being able to assign all non-boss entities (with in reason) that we have full codex scans to for a specter slot.

I was thinking replace specters with a buildable companion, like custom moas, but where you collect part bp from enemies then build up its parts. Thought you could build the parts then swap arms / legs / head / torso out like you might weapons. Bump up the leathality of them to give solo players someone to play with, and restrict their deployment to teams under 4 people. Could be fun.

I heavily use specters right now myself, in a team or not. Most the time using Protea for her dispenser; Nidus for Power Strength, ground heal, and maggot distractions; then Wisp to put motes down. The Cosmic specter I kinda rotate about, but usually too much hassle for a BP that only builds 1 and I have to do a high level rescue and usually kill all the guards. (note, Hassle, not hard).

As it stands, the three listed are so incredibly useful as QoL during solo and a bit nice during group play. Especially with what you equip them with matters. Exergis is super broken on specters and will probably be fixed at some point as they don't reload it and just fire it at full auto, I am finding the Proboscis a nice CC. Especially if I am using Smite infusion so the specter throws out radiation to confuse the enemies. I have been soloing Steel Path defections and found an interesting interaction with Wisp and Wisp Specter. I can put my more powerful motes at B and C and then the Specter at A, The the Specter will constantly kill Enemies around A for a lot of energy tanks to pick up along with the Specter's motes reset the timer to My mote's timer level with out over writing them so they stay the same strength too.

Archived