How would you feel if the Railjack become our new "home ship" after its been built for the first time, replacing the Liset?

TheGodofWiFi

I had this thought after replaying Assassins Creed Black Flag a few days ago. For those who are unfamiliar, Black Flag is a game in which you play a pirate in the Caribbean and have your own ship.

In that game, your ship is your home as well as the weapon you do battle with and it really adds more attachment to the ship. If the Railjack replaced our Liset as our home ship after its been built, it would feel a lot more personal for the player to take it out into battle, since its basically your home, the place where you come back to after a mission and you'd feel more emotional investment in defending it. Right now the Railjack is basically yet another vestigial element of the game that just hangs off the main content barely registered by the majority of players.

Personally I think it would be really good and be a step in the direction of integrating Railjack with the rest of the game. Plus you could also finally customise your Railjack to make it feel less like this empty boring space.

The option to choose would be nice, provided I can take Ordis with me (I ain't abandoning cuboid space dad). The ability to hang out on the 'jack is already there, so if they could figure out a means to be able to fit the other systems in (which would probably be one of the bigger hurdles, to be honest) then I'd be down for the choice.

However, I would only accept this as a choice. And it'd also restrict cutscenes like the Sacrifice since any that take place on the Orbiter would need a variant for the Railjack, so there's valid reasons for DE to avoid it.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

I guess It would be ok but it won't happen.

The Railjack would have to be rebuilt to have personal quarters and the transference room would also have to be placed into it. The Helminth room is also on the liset and good luck moving that into the Railjack.

The liset is different than the orbiter 

I would personally use it but understand if others wouldn't, I would question where the landing craft would go as I don't think flying the whole railjack into some missions would be the best thing.  Also the issue of decorations and how would they be handled due to boarding parties during missions. 

So while I would like to have it, I don't think it will happen for a bit due to how the orbiter is a safe non-combat zone thus can be decorated and have more of the support rooms like personal quarters or helmith. 

orbiter stealth planetery ship

landing craft aka liset mantis vs  fast and stealth in an out ship.

Railjack is warship

this ships, all for different purposes.

if we use railjack like orbiter it's not enough stealth function. other corpus or grinier ship shot us. and railjack to big to fast in an out action.

This is orbiter. It carries all warframe, weapons and our companion in areas we cannot see.

kqrysghbkeq21.png

28 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Plus you could also finally customise your Railjack to make it feel less like this empty boring space.

Discussed this in a similar topic a few weeks ago. The main issue here is two fold. First, anyone loading into a railjack would also need to load in your every decoration (like DE Rebecas 500 noggles for example). So railjack loading times would tank.

The other issue is gameplay. In order to stop people making alot of traps or mazes for enemies out of stuff, you'd have to either restrict where stuff can be placed, or change how it functions.

A side thought is how the railjack doesnt have any of the consoles or rooms needed for many gameplay functions other than loadouts. So it would need to be compleatly re-made to house this.

2 hours ago, Jem991 said:

Credit is where credit is due: knowing the difference between the Landing Craft and Orbiter. Many players still confuse the two, much like how Fortuna is called the open world on Venus over the Orb Vallis. Still, confusing the Landing Craft and Orbiter is reasonable in a way.

Some of us were suspecting that we have to use the Railjack more extensively during the New War, where some of us theoreticized that the Sentients would destroy the Solar Rails. That move would essentially isolate the Origin System from one another. Without the rails, we would rely on the Railjacks more to move more responsively towards any of the Sentients in the Origin System after that happens, should that happen.

Still, I don't know nor think the Railjack can handle all the necessary functions the Orbiter provides to the Tenno (Foundry, Mods, Transference/Somatic Link, Helminth). That's why I feel that the Railjack can't replace our Orbiter

Just want to hijack this thread while still being on topic:

Foundry/etc type access needs to be available in more places than just our orbiter.  If the RJ became our home ship it would have to have the foundry and other segments in it, which I'm all for.  But those things should be accessible from pretty much anywhere that isn't an actual mission.  

The relays we're in are Tenno relays and I have arsenal access, there's no reason I can't also have foundry access.

Dojos are literally our personal relays just for our clans.  You can run missions from the dojo, again, with arsenal access.  There's even labs in them.  Give me foundry access.  Mod station access.  All of it.  The barracks rooms should have transference pods and cryopods in them, instead of just nothing.  And you should be able to access your operator menus while in the dojo.

The one problem I see with RJs becoming our new orbiter, is that orbiters are not your lander.  Your lander, like your Liset, Xiphos, whatever, are just that.  A landing craft.  Orbiters are actually really large, and your lander just attaches to them, similar to how your railjack is tethered to your orbiter as well.

I still want foundry access in my RJ too though.  There's all kinds of completely unused space for it all over the RJ. 

Hell, there's zero reason other than laziness and spaghetti code why we can't log into the companion app and the game at the same time and use the foundry from our phones while playing.  You can do it with other game.  Hell, you could do it with Destiny.

nice as it would be, I can't imagine the glitching weirdness that would occur if you could decorate your Railjack, because it would have to keep those decorations in railjack missions too, and I doubt they'd be able to stay in place on a moving ship. 

personally I'd just like a larger Personal Quarters, because I don't know why a multi-millionaire demigod space ninja like myself would be living in a single room that's mostly Fish tank. I'm hoping that whatever the next rooms they add to the Orbiter, whenever it happens, are much larger, and we get another increase to the decorations cap.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

and I doubt they'd be able to stay in place on a moving ship. 

The ship isn't moving on a technical level. Which is also why there's no screwed-up physics calculations either.

Of course, the possibility to intentionally troll people with decoration placement remains, so even if this does occur, they'd have to hide the decorations.

Can we be real here? Orbiter doesn't exist outside of concept art. If they want to flesh out your home base more, it needs an outside model. Even your friends only see other drop ships instead of an Orbiter. 

Railjack feels more like a base than the Orbiter ever has. More livlier with an npc crew as well. The switch should have happened in War Within when it actually gets shot down. 

Oh wait, that's right. It was all a dream. Regardless, it needs more superfluous rooms that make it look like an actual ship like cargo holds or the engine room. Maybe meet Ordis face to face. 

22 hours ago, Jem991 said:

landing craft aka liset mantis vs  fast and stealth in an out ship.

Railjack is warship

this ships, all for different purposes.

if we use railjack like orbiter it's not enough stealth function. other corpus or grinier ship shot us. and railjack to big to fast in an out action.

This is orbiter. It carries all warframe, weapons and our companion in areas we cannot see.

kqrysghbkeq21.png

Speaking of the for all intensive purposes nonUtilized Orbiter

be in a squad, look out your window:

hey guys, are you all in your Orbiters? yeah me too!

But all I see is your Landing Crafts floating around Undocked

you sure? yep, I can walk below decks just fine....

This has Always bothered me

near as I can tell Orbiters only exist in a single piece of Concept Art and have been forgotten by DE; instead resulting in Landing Craft that are the Tardis

On 2020-12-07 at 7:55 AM, Loza03 said:

The option to choose would be nice, provided I can take Ordis with me (I ain't abandoning cuboid space dad). The ability to hang out on the 'jack is already there, so if they could figure out a means to be able to fit the other systems in (which would probably be one of the bigger hurdles, to be honest) then I'd be down for the choice.

However, I would only accept this as a choice. And it'd also restrict cutscenes like the Sacrifice since any that take place on the Orbiter would need a variant for the Railjack, so there's valid reasons for DE to avoid it.

DE could get around it by ignoring the timeline should a player wish to go back and play the pre-Railjack story missions. That's why I completely agree with the two ships being options and not set.

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Speaking of the for all intensive purposes nonUtilized Orbiter

be in a squad, look out your window:

hey guys, are you all in your Orbiters? yeah me too!

But all I see is your Landing Crafts floating around Undocked

you sure? yep, I can walk below decks just fine....

This has Always bothered me

near as I can tell Orbiters only exist in a single piece of Concept Art and have been forgotten by DE; instead resulting in Landing Craft that are the Tardis

Yes, I'm sure

bkKCPlF.gif

Archived