Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel if the Railjack become our new "home ship" after its been built for the first time, replacing the Liset?

TheGodofWiFi

I'd personally prefer it to be more a direct expansion, maybe featuring certain services like the Foundry in the cargo bay, for instance. Something about the fact that it's just tied to the ship via a sort of... hazardous-looking umbilical doesn't sit right with me. Kind of like how the navigation deck of the Orbiter looks like a tiny ship that can detach, I'd find it neat to have a sort of lower deck made out of the Railjack that also can directly detach from the now-full assembly that is the Orbiter. (I'd also love that as a reason to handle my Railjack on my own rather than having to use the hanger that's inside my nearly-dead clan...)

I know we can't currently decorate the Railjack due to how the game handles all those models, but the Railjack feels too... empty as it is right now. It needs more purpose to its space, I feel. Having it become a direct addition to our current home, even partially, seems like a step to cross that gap that I feel Railjack is across. 

The Railjack has to stay as a "combat possible" area.  It's not going to be customizable to the degree the Liset is (because it would be too easy to break the enemies by putting Ayatans all over the place - If they can't pathfind through it, they can't move.  If they can move through them then they get free cover as your decorations make it impossible to see what you're shooting at.)

There's no reason for it to replace the Orbiter - the Orbiter already exists, so why would the devs have anyreason to duplicate *all* that functionality in another area?  That cool Tennocon skit where the Railjack dropped down to the surface of Venus?  Yeah, that's never going to actually happen in-game.  Just like the version of the Lich that was shown the following year isn't going to happen.  (IE, the one where the Lich was an actual long-term character that grew and evolved as you fought them, and not a Kuva Weapon vending machine.)

Personally, I'm happy to interact with Railjack as little as possible.  Which currently means "not at all," since I have the Shedu and there's literally not one single thing I want from it that I can't either live without (captura scenes) or just buy outright.  (The single set of railjack themed weapons that I had NO desire to grind for.)

22 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

nice as it would be, I can't imagine the glitching weirdness that would occur if you could decorate your Railjack, because it would have to keep those decorations in railjack missions too, and I doubt they'd be able to stay in place on a moving ship

personally I'd just like a larger Personal Quarters, because I don't know why a multi-millionaire demigod space ninja like myself would be living in a single room that's mostly Fish tank. I'm hoping that whatever the next rooms they add to the Orbiter, whenever it happens, are much larger, and we get another increase to the decorations cap.

The railjack doesnt actually move...

The inside areas are separate on foot zones with displays projecting the image of the area outside the moving railjack. 

The pilot and gunners essentially control a drone.

The devs did a good job making it seem like we are inside the moving ship but that just isnt how the tech works. They talked about it a bit on a devstream a long time ago.

There's one problem I can see with this. I've seen some particularly annoying orbiters and well... just imagine you're in a crew and you're running around the ship and one of the 4 guys in your group is running a slightly slower PC and is confronted by this during the mission and crashes or even simply aborts out of fear... I apologize if I permanently injure someone's sight with this eyesore.
unknown.png?width=1174&height=661

Archived