Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth System Idea: Stance Mod Swapping

Joezone619

I had an idea to give the helminth system more use, while being extremely helpful. I don't know about others, but for me some melee stances have good moves, with 1 or 2 bad ones, while other stances for the same weapon have better moves for those same combos. so, why not have the helminth system able to swap 1 combo in from other subsumed stances?

for example, swapping the "twirling spire" standing melee in on "shimmering blight" so now "shimmering blight's" standing melee is "twirling spire's"

I think it'd be great allow players to fix stance mods on their own, and helminth seems like the perfect conduit to do that.

Idea from comments:

Adding a separate mod for helminth, that could copy all the combos of a stance mod you've subsumed, and then using this helminth stance mod to swap combos might be the best way to implement this. as they could just make it also copy the polarity of the stance mod its copying, so that if someone changes what stance its copying, it changes its polarity to match, keeping stance formas intact, as you would only be able to swap 1 combo from other stances.

Besides, if they did add this helminth stance mod combo swapping, it would allow players to fix stances on their own, and customize them to their own liking.

Giving it some thought, it might be best for them to add a "helminth stance mod" which is what you use to change combos, maybe add an "emulate stance" button that would cause the mod to copy all combos of another stance mod you've subsumed. and then you could swap out 1 combo for another stance's combo of the same weapon type. maybe give it a unique polarity, or one of the ones not used often like zenurik or umbra, that would motivate players to forma the stance on the weapon to use the system at its best.

and if you can swap only 1 combo, it would motive me to use stance forma so i can swap between normal stances, and this new helminth stance mod. or if you feel like being inconvenient with resources, you could change the helminth stance mod to the one you want to use.

24 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I don't understand the need for this because of Stance Forma

say you want to use decisive judgement but cant stand its forward-block-melee combo but the rest of its combos are amazing, you can swap it out with say blind justice's forward-block-melee instead. and this way you dont need to forma it at all just to use a different stance if you don't have a stance forma on it. 

22 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

say you want to use decisive judgement but cant stand its forward-block-melee combo but the rest of its combos are amazing, you can swap it out with say blind justice's forward-block-melee instead. and this way you dont need to forma it at all just to use a different stance if you don't have a stance forma on it. 

Uh - that would be a massive change to the combo animations and what's set up, IMO.

12 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Uh - that would be a massive change to the combo animations and what's set up, IMO.

it may be a change to how the stance mod and its combos feel, but then again the same could be said for warframe and swapping abilities. you would only be able to change 1 combo, and the one you swap in, must be from the same weapon type, like it has to be from another sword stance, or nikanna stance.  you wouldn't be able to swap a tonfa combo on a dual sword stance.

so though it may change the animations and feel a bit, it already does this with warframe abiltiy swapping, personally, it didn't change for abilities as much as i expected. so i dont think the change would be too drastic if it was limited by the same "only 1 can be swapped" rule.

5 hours ago, B4HEK said:

Your idea can make stance forma absolutely useless + to work with mods we need Cephalon Samodeus for this system to fit in the game.

But yeah, merging different fighting styles in one mod could be neat.

maybe if they made the helminth stance mod idea, where its a seperate stance that copies the combos of another, and that if what's used to swap combos, then if they made it copy the polarity of the stance its emulating, then that should keep what uses stance formas have, as you wouldn't be able to just re-emulate it to change all combos but keep polarity if you can only swap 1 combo at a time.

On 2020-12-07 at 4:52 PM, Joezone619 said:

to be fair, stance forma didn't really have much reason to use to begin with. most weapons stance's are the same polarity and when there is variety usually you only use one of them.

Some of the only exceptions to this are weapons that had a stance come out with them and for some reason they gave them a different polarity than all the other stances and then put very few weapons with that polarity outside the weapon that came with it.  Or in the case of Grim Fury, they went full blown "what the #*!% were you thinking" and made a stance that literally has no weapons in the game with a matching polarity.  I don't care if it wasn't on purpose or intentional, that's sheer incompetence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2020-12-07 at 10:40 PM, Voltage said:

This would conflict with the point of Stance Forma as players would just build meta stances that only need to be polarized for. I like the idea, but I am just playing devil's advocate for why I don't see it happening.

homemade stances will require universal polarity or a new polarity

problem solved

Archived