Advice for DE to see community more enthusiastic

Aliefe04

17 minutes ago, Aliefe04 said:

More updates, more reveals specific day hour second for people to wait that moment their life.

Comment down your advices too.

Oh damn you figured it out, never though of that before.

(yeah and then when update is late you can tear your shirts off and scream on the forums right?) Why not enjoy it as a surprise. 

Hey man, as others may have, in their own special way, pointed out, this is the obvious solution, that the community has been asking for years now, and DE, for the most, delivers.

DE, you, me, and (almost) everyone here do our best to improve the game we've fallen in love with, each in our own way ^^

Welcome to the forums Tenno!

Somehow, I don't think that in any game has there been the feedback to the development team through the support system that the reason people bought the game or the DLC was because, quote, "It was delivered on time"...I am happy to be proven wrong.

I buy most games years after they are published, when Steam gives them out at $5-10.

I get around to most content in games like WF far after the Content Locusts have come and gone.

IME/IMO, living off of the hype around a game as if it holds real life meaning, beyond simply expanding something fun one already does, is simply not a mentally/emotionally positive way to live.

It is a Game, not a Significant Other, not something by which to set your clock, it's just a game.

Personally, i believe is not about DE, is about us, the players. There is absolutely, no game, that can retain your attention for very long periods of time. At one point, that game you spent lots of time in, will grow dull, and you will look for the next big thing, wishing the game you used to play, could be as good as the next big thing, and then it will happen again, and again, and again. It is a never ending cycle, because unfortunately, WE the players, have set the bar WAY TOO HIGH for even new games, or we have permanent Nostalgia googles wishing that every game can be as good as that golden oldie.

No developer has figured out yet the formula to keep EVERYONE happy and comfortable with their games.

And as far as more updates, well, being realistic, that is what DE is been doing for the past couple of years. Have DE not released a new weapon pack every like two weeks, Warframe would not be here today. Perhaps we need to take off the nostalgia googles, the few who still have them glued to their faces, and understand that games evolve, not always in the way you would wish them to evolve, but they do, change is hard to accept often.

7 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Personally, i believe is not about DE, is about us, the players. There is absolutely, no game, that can retain your attention for very long periods of time. At one point, that game you spent lots of time in, will grow dull, and you will look for the next big thing, wishing the game you used to play, could be as good as the next big thing, and then it will happen again, and again, and again. It is a never ending cycle, because unfortunately, WE the players, have set the bar WAY TOO HIGH for even new games, or we have permanent Nostalgia googles wishing that every game can be as good as that golden oldie.

No developer has figured out yet the formula to keep EVERYONE happy and comfortable with their games.

And as far as more updates, well, being realistic, that is what DE is been doing for the past couple of years. Have DE not released a new weapon pack every like two weeks, Warframe would not be here today. Perhaps we need to take off the nostalgia googles, the few who still have them glued to their faces, and understand that games evolve, not always in the way you would wish them to evolve, but they do, change is hard to accept often.

Yea exactly. 

I still think Final Fantasy 11 is one of the best games made, but I had to be honest and realize even during the golden age there were massive problems and nowadays I wouldn't even play it. I had my fun but it passed.

9 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Imagine being a drama tuber that praises every single attempt to make "another warframe" saying "this is it! Now DE will LEARN HOW TO MAKE A GOOD GAME!" or stuff like that, but the game doesn't deliver quality even on "warframe bad" standards. I still remember how those dramatubers shilled Anthem lmfao, now what's the new thing? Godfall? Outriders? Thing is, even if those games don't flop as Anthem, they'll never satisfy that nostalgia, because it seems that aren't aware of that. No one can satisfy false expectations over things, that's why nostalgia and overhyping things always lead to dissapointments.

On 2020-12-07 at 11:04 PM, yarl5000 said:

Oh damn you figured it out, never though of that before.

(yeah and then when update is late you can tear your shirts off and scream on the forums right?) Why not enjoy it as a surprise. 

they dont need to realise it immediately, they can say a time that they will finish, test it then wait to launch it. I dont say go release a update everday. they can give us more information about events

7 minutes ago, Aliefe04 said:

they dont need to realise it immediately, they can say a time that they will finish, test it then wait to launch it. I dont say go release a update everday. they can give us more information about events

First no developer anywhere would ever give out anything more than a rough time estimate on when a patch would go live, and it would be with the modifier of "planned", "expected", something to that effect.  Software development and deployment isn't a perfect thing and stuff will go wrong on the day.

Additionally if they set a time, but then something happens during testing, the options then are push back the time (which would make the community upset) or crunch to get it to work (which is terrible and shouldn't be expected).  See multiple big video games that were going to launch, had to delay it and still are crunching their employees to get it out by the new due date. 

Sure making update posts/threads about the patches and better communication is something they could improve and have been improving.  Recently their monthly status on updates have been good and calling it that queenpins/railjack expansion isn't this year are both great examples of them improving.  Issue comes is all those update threads become attack vectors for entitled children to go and complain that updates don't happen fast enough so you can see why opening themselves up to that isn't a pleasant thought.  

Archived