Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw animation bug

Seelenmonarch

I've returned to Warframe after some time and noticed that the animation with my zaw are still bugged. In particular the sword scabbard of my zaw. There was a time where the scabbard simply vanished right out of existence, but these times seems longe gone (thanks god).

In the mission, the scabbard hovers in the air, right next to the hand where it seems to be attached to. I dont know why it is attached to the off-hand anyway and not fixed onto the warframe where it belongs but okay, thats not the point. In the end it looks really wierd while having it equipped.

I crafted the saw with the Sepfahn blade and the Kwath handle. I dont know exactly anymore which joints i used but I believe it where the Ruhang II.

Some screenshots to show what I mean and talk about:
- Zaw equipped

Spoiler

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

- Zaw equipped 2.0

Spoiler

- Attacking with zaw

Spoiler

- Attacking with zaw 2.0

Spoiler

This bug is not limited to this specific mission, it is a common state for my zaw and very frustating, cause it really kills the mood.

On 2020-12-07 at 11:29 PM, Seelenmonarch said:

I've returned to Warframe after some time and noticed that the animation with my zaw are still bugged. In particular the sword scabbard of my zaw. There was a time where the scabbard simply vanished right out of existence, but these times seems longe gone (thanks god).

In the mission, the scabbard hovers in the air, right next to the hand where it seems to be attached to. I dont know why it is attached to the off-hand anyway and not fixed onto the warframe where it belongs but okay, thats not the point. In the end it looks really wierd while having it equipped.

I crafted the saw with the Sepfahn blade and the Kwath handle. I dont know exactly anymore which joints i used but I believe it where the Ruhang II.

Some screenshots to show what I mean and talk about:
- Zaw equipped

Reveal hidden contents

- Zaw equipped 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

- Attacking with zaw

Reveal hidden contents

- Attacking with zaw 2.0

Reveal hidden contents

This bug is not limited to this specific mission, it is a common state for my zaw and very frustating, cause it really kills the mood.

Please feel free to post some pictures here as well. Maybe we'll get them to fix this once and for all.

I'm around nearly 150 days into this game, but from what I've read and what I've experienced, zaw nikana problem is not just old but goes further than just the current broken animations since Deimos. 

Even before Deimos, the mission extraction scene, while wielding a zaw nikana would result in the warframe holding both the sword and the scabbard in each hands, as if wielding dual nikanas (which would be cool). The game literally treats the scabbard as a sword too(I guess) in some animations, including when attaching a sugatra, both the sword and the scabbard gets a sugatra(again, this does look cool), during extraction, the warframe should hold the entire sword in 1 hand only or should be at rest position at hip. 

Any skin for a zaw nikana, does not solve this problem, any holster or stance too doesn't make it better. This problem isn't game breaking, but certainly is fashion breaking, specially after having bought skins. I personally have stopped using mine cuz I don't wanna walk around in public with a naked holstered sword and it's scabbard stabbed through me lol.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Aekvot:

I'm around nearly 150 days into this game, but from what I've read and what I've experienced, zaw nikana problem is not just old but goes further than just the current broken animations since Deimos. 

Even before Deimos, the mission extraction scene, while wielding a zaw nikana would result in the warframe holding both the sword and the scabbard in each hands, as if wielding dual nikanas (which would be cool). The game literally treats the scabbard as a sword too(I guess) in some animations, including when attaching a sugatra, both the sword and the scabbard gets a sugatra(again, this does look cool), during extraction, the warframe should hold the entire sword in 1 hand only or should be at rest position at hip. 

Any skin for a zaw nikana, does not solve this problem, any holster or stance too doesn't make it better. This problem isn't game breaking, but certainly is fashion breaking, specially after having bought skins. I personally have stopped using mine cuz I don't wanna walk around in public with a naked holstered sword and it's scabbard stabbed through me lol.

I've done a break from the game for about 1 year or so and yes, you are right. As I wrote the scabbard simply vanished from excistence back there.

I don't seem to have this problem with my own Zaw Nikana. Judging by the appearance of your zaw, I think you have customised the rotation of the standard holster? This might be causing the problem, I bet if you reset the rotation to default the problem will go away (here is my own zaw, you can see the grip curves in the opposite direction).

My guess is that the scabbard does not align properly with the blade when it is rotated.

Also, you can see exactly what parts you used to build a zaw in the top right corner when you click on it in the Equip screen.

42804F7607AF031C890EBE81CC395ECA48D52073

I give my zaws silly names..

HAHA WOW

I just adjusted the rotation and position on my zaw and now it looks like this in the equip screen. Once I clicked 'reset position' under Holster Style > Customise screen it went back to normal AFTER I left equip screen, and it looks normal in missions.

82CD31ACEDB9B47FC7722AC3791892A868752631

EDIT:

So I was able to reproduce this even with the Zaw rotated in the default position! I tried it in Orb Vallis but it probably works anywhere.

My Zaw was set to 'Visible when holstered'.

1. Equip your Zaw then take out a codex scanner - now it looks like a pair of scissors. Now do a melee attack, it might go back to normal or the scabbard might bug out and be floating away from your body. If it goes back to normal try again.

798BA4ED650158667834497B35BA703E6F0F420E

2. Once the scabbard is bugged out, it will stay floating away from you even if you change guns. It might even float further or move around as you do things. I tried fighting some enemies and it shifted around a bit.

30CB05182D1F2BDC944388F683497199BA465324

68404F216EB5700ACE405411E039709196C88BBB

3. One way that seemed to fix it for me temporarily is by getting on a K-drive and intentionally falling off.

EDIT 2:

Now it is still happening even without the steps I did! It's like an animation curse.

One thing that just occurred to me is that I normally have 'visible when holstered' turned off, and I never press the 'switch weapon' button to take out my melee weapon, I just do a melee attack to equip it - but just now I tried pressing the dedicated button and the Nikana scabbard would sometimes be in the wrong spot immediately. I actually had to go back into my arsenal, equip a different melee weapon, then re-equip the zaw to get it to behave normally again for a while after doing this testing.

It's so strange that I had never seen this before trying to test it, I have had this Zaw for ages and been using it all day today, but no issues until I tried messing with the appearance after finding this thread.

@TheMostFrench I'm glad you experienced the same, but at the same I'm very sorry for you :D
I adjusted rotation and position right after i got the zaw, as far as I remember. I also never use the option to hide the weapons if not equipped in main hand, and also use the 'switch weapon' button to use my melee, in the most situations at least. 

Archived