Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Universal currency/coin trade system

Famecans

TocvZC7.png

Universal coins make universal way to play warframe, universal ways make RNG more puzzle and less stressful

Basically if all currencies can be exchanged between unions, players would have more freedom to choose what they want to play and when they want to play and where they want to play because the trade will be more and more universal

for this to be possible the following additions and changes of exchanges need to be free:

P9fUIp4.png

The Universal Medallion:

• will dropped anywhere for a minimum percentage of RNG by all enemies and bosses
  • is sold in all syndcates for own syndcate's reputation
  • is purchased in all syndcates for own syndcate's reputation
  • can be sold for 1,000,000 credits in the orbital market and in all syndicate (to be recognized / familiarized by all novice players)
  • can be purchased for 2,000,000 credits in the orbital market and in all syndicate (to be recognized / familiarized by all novice players)
  • can be sold for 1000 endo in orbital market and in all syndicate (to be recognized / familiarized by all novice players)
  • can be purchased for 2000 endo in orbital market and in all syndicate (to be recognized / familiarized by all novice players)
  • can be exchanged between players in orbital market and in all syndicate (to be recognized / familiarized by all novice players)
  • will have a description of its exchange value for all currencies so the player will obtain and know that it is valuable (the exchange value between players is negotiable for market liquidity, so platinum values will not be informed or suggested in the description)

let's imagine a future in which the novice player will be stressed by the game because the path is linear of technical obstacles or RNG failures

this is just an idea I have no notion of what these numbers can affect in the game economy, maybe you need adjust

the universal currency exchange will give the novice player other ways to achieve his goals

I think that unfortunately, the mess of currencies that we have are a feature and not a bug. DE is intent on making players grind their game as much as possible, and giving players proper access to a unique currency (i.e. making Universal Medallions less of a joke) presents a risk of cutting through that, which is why UMs were made weak and exceedingly difficult to obtain. I would very much be in favor of decreasing our number of different currencies, because I think the layers of grind the game has accumulated over the years are confusing and often not that useful for players nor developers, but I don't know if the developers can be swayed on this.

On 2020-12-08 at 10:12 PM, Teridax68 said:

(i.e. making Universal Medallions less of a joke)

When I first saw them I was like cool I can skip some of the more annoying grind but then realized they drop almost nowhere, very rarely and give a pointless 1000 standing which is ridiculous for something so rare. I haven't even used them since. 

Archived